dragon9875 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

calorie deficit vs low carb for fat loss

so which one is more important for fat loss? say if you have cardio and weight lifting checked, the reason i am asking is i am looking to get ripped and i have researched the forum and apparently there are support on both side? for me personally having a little bit more carb is more convenient in my daily life, i am not talking about simple carbs like chocolate and sugars, but like grain bread and baked beans, so that i don't faint from doing cardio and weight.

so which one? calorie deificit or low carb in diet more important for lowering body fat %?

ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well regardless if on a low carb or low fat diet you'll need to be in a calorie deficit.

plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dragon9875 View Post
    so which one is more important for fat loss? say if you have cardio and weight lifting checked, the reason i am asking is i am looking to get ripped and i have researched the forum and apparently there are support on both side? for me personally having a little bit more carb is more convenient in my daily life, i am not talking about simple carbs like chocolate and sugars, but like grain bread and baked beans, so that i don't faint from doing cardio and weight.

so which one? calorie deificit or low carb in diet more important for lowering body fat %?
    Calorie deficit.

There's not much support for low carb on here...except keto.
    Aug 1 - Nov 1 Comp:
    8-1: 255.8 | 8-8: 253.2 | 8-15: xxx.x | 8-22: xxx.x | 8-29: xxx.x | Month Total:
    9-5: xxx.x | 9-12: xxx.x | 9-19: xxx.x | 9-26: xxx.x | Month Total:
    10-3: xxx.x | 10-10: xxx.x | 10-17: xxx.x | 10-24: xxx.x | 10-31 xxx.x | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 11-1: (Goal: 220 lbs) Haven't seen under 210lbs in 8 years...I'll be there by the end of 2011 =)

My BB.com log - http://tinyurl.com/platedlog

legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ryo1549 View Post
    Well regardless if on a low carb or low fat diet you'll need to be in a calorie deficit.
    This^^^

Low carb doesn't do jack if you're not in a caloric deficit.
    Bioforge/T-Bol log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121468331
    Bioforge + T-Bol log: The Workouts: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121576191

Current Stash: begin the cut for summer!
    Muscle Gauge pure isolate (cake batter)
    LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein (vanilla)
    Ultima
    ON Opti-Men
    Scivation Xtend (blue raspberry)
    Gaspari Size On Pre-contest
    Intrabolic (blue raz)
    Myofusion (Choco PB and Stawberries N Cream)
    EC stack + Lean Xtreme
    Bioforge + Drive

BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100) BkLYnD is not very well liked. (-100)
    From expeirience cutting carbs is the best way. It also depends on the type of carbs you have. sweet patatoes or oatmeal work great. higher carbs in the morning for first meal is good nd than also carbs preworkout for the energy. If you are worried about fainting dont sweat it. the carbs aren't gonna be low enough for that to happen, but if u feel like thats gonna happen just use waxy maize during the workout. Something like FLUD from dymatize or even evolution x10 is really good. Just make sure you eat at least 6 meals a day. keep the metabolism fast. Eat alot of green veggies as well.

4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4theking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The premise behind the low carb diet is to help you get to a calorie deficit. There are many ways to get there but calorie deficit, the obvious answer, is the right one. Protein will keep you full longer thus allowing you to eat less.
    Start weight 279lbs 1/18/2016
    Goal weight 250lbs 5/6/2016
    Visit my website www.jasonfaulstich.com

thanks guys for the reply, this is my first cut i've been doing researches to help me lost the fat off the gut faster, since so many ppl mentioned that you can't abs with carbs it has confused me so much

Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you cant spot reduce fat. most people the lower ab fat is going to be the last thing to melt away. I have been on a diet of abou 80+ fat 150-220 ish carbs and 240+/- protein for cutting and have had zero issues getting where i need to be in my time frame.

i wouldnt suggest low carbing it for your first cut, just keep it simple and eat less, once you know your body better then play with different diets.
    Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore

A lie to get yourself out of trouble is way different to a lie designed to not hurt someone's feelings.

Originally Posted by Curtiz

woman logic, gotta love it

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You can eat McDonald's, ice cream, and cheesecake every day. So long as you're in a caloric deficit; you will lose weight.

But, your muscles wouldn't appreciate the lack of protein :X

DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeeBO- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ya i was a little confused about this too, with all the mentioning of carbs and cutting them out. but basically its all about calorie in vs calorie out. if you have a proper diet while shedding some cals you should good to go.

yeah calorie deficit just seem much more obvious, just that my first time cutting and there are posts out there that just scream into your head swearing you will never get ripped abs if you do not cut out the carbs(they supplement carbs wif veges and fruits ONLY)

MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 4theking View Post
    The premise behind the low carb diet is to help you get to a calorie deficit. There are many ways to get there but calorie deficit, the obvious answer, is the right one. Protein will keep you full longer thus allowing you to eat less.
    ^^this...Carbs are filler calories and its main use is for energy. If you do decide to go low carb make sure you make up for those lost calories through increased fats. Protein macros are a give in.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)

fat loss = cals in v cals out

doesnt matter how many carbs u take in. low carb diets make u feel like crap and most people dont function properly mentally and physically on them
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 4theking View Post
    Kinda late but this isn't true ^^^ the idea behind the low carb diet is to lower the amount of sugar in your blood stream, lowering the insulin spikes that contribute to weight gain. i'm not the best to explain it, but the main reason isn't "it makes you have a deficit".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atkins_...re_of_the_diet

jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by d423 View Post
    Kinda late but this isn't true ^^^ the idea behind the low carb diet is to lower the amount of sugar in your blood stream, lowering the insulin spikes that contribute to weight gain. i'm not the best to explain it, but the main reason isn't "it makes you have a deficit".

bump...anyone got a response to this?

liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This has been asked and answered too many times....

Adequate protein (1g/lbs of LBM) + good fats + calorie deficit = fat loss.

If you hit your protein and fat targets, whether you fill the rest of your calories with fat, carbs or protein (or even alcohol) it doesn't matter.

jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by liammccarthy View Post
    This has been asked and answered too many times....

Adequate protein (1g/lbs of LBM) + good fats + calorie deficit = fat loss.

If you hit your protein and fat targets, whether you fill the rest of your calories with fat, carbs or protein (or even alcohol) it doesn't matter.
    so then why would anyone want to do a low carb or keto diet? Is it just personal preference? I always thought that fat loss can't occur unless glycogen stores are depleted, so that the body has to use fat as fuel and thus oxidized...

Originally Posted by jao04c View Post
    so then why would anyone want to do a low carb or keto diet? Is it just personal preference? I always thought that fat loss can't occur unless glycogen stores are depleted, so that the body has to use fat as fuel and thus oxidized...
    bump for answer...

Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The above is true but for a large part of the people in this forum simply watching calories does the trick. I think the low carb is more geared toward the guys trying to cut below the teens in BF%. When you start throwing scientific terms around people get confused.

Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well on a regular diet, you burn fat when glycogen stores are depleted, yes. thats why people do PWO cardio, or you could do fasted cardio. at both times, your blood sugar is lower than usual
    but once you hit ketosis, you're muscle glycogen and liver glycogen stores are depleted which forces your brain to produce bodies called ketones to supply energy. now i'm not certain on all of the facts here so bear with me.
    but long story short, when in ketosis, your body switches from using carbohydrates as fuel to dietary (ingested) fats and then bodyfat.
    people like keto diets because they're very 'protein (read that, muscle) sparing', you're very energetic once you reach a state of ketosis and for some people, its the first time that their bodies have been properly fed because the diet calls for a lot of protein.

i would rather go on a keto diet than low carb, having done both. keto provides more energy for me.
    but having said that, this is simply my understanding of the diet and the reasons behind implementing it. i'm sure there is somebody who is more knowledgeable than i who will step in, so i will bow out. but bear in mind i may have made a mistake somewhere
    Don't take your guns to town

☆★Spartan crew★☆

Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by d423 View Post

Big time bump... Found this old thread on google.

From personal experience, I'd do fine on low carb for a while, albeit feeling like crap, but then the restricted carb intake/ lower blood sugar led to carb binges, sometimes to the point of feeling physically sick, which of course set me back.

Guess it's personal preference. Now that I've tried low fat high carb, I much prefer it. It allows more flexibility within the confines of a cal deficit.

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need to be in calorie deficit to lose weight, that's fact

Low carb is just one of the type of nutritional programs you can use to lose weight

Low carb will mean less insulin spiking and that will help regulate your appetite so eating less can be easier

315 Bench Soon! GettingfitAgain's Avatar
    GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump...anyone got a response to this?
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

jagooch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jagooch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been on low carb for years and thought it would do the job by itself. It doesn't. I found out this year that it's only good for supporting the calorie-deficit method, which is what really gets you results in the form of fat loss.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jagooch View Post
    I've been on low carb for years and thought it would do the job by itself. It doesn't. I found out this year that it's only good for supporting the calorie-deficit method, which is what really gets you results in the form of fat loss.
    Strong bump.

But a solid point made, so repped.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In the most primitive form it can be put: fat loss is the result of a calorie deficit.

The reason many people, myself included, lose weight by eating a low carb diet is twofold. You will see a lot of "scientific studies" around the web, claiming a low-carbohydrate diet has some magical metabolic advantage to a traditional calorie deficit diet. This isn't true, however. The truth of the matter is that when you eat low-carb, you consume less calories. Coming from someone who lost 115 lb. on a low carb diet, this is why:

1. High carb foods are also generally very calorie dense foods. That being said, when you eliminate high carb foods, you automatically cut a tremendous amount of calories from your diet that you would have usually consumed.

2. A diet high in protein consumption creates satiety. With said satiety, it is very, very easy to regulate one's appetite. When you have massive amounts of protein and fat, you simply aren't hungry nearly as often as usual...

...and when you do find yourself hungry, you're eating low carb (low calorie) foods. And the cycle continues.

Ultimately, this creates a calorie deficit with relative ease. Low-carb dieters think they're eating all they want, which they may be. But what they don't realize is they're not eating anything close to the calories they typically would have.

With that being said, it's also possible to gain weight eating a low carb diet. I've done this as well. Yes, a couple of cups of spinach may be relatively low in carbs. But, if you eat 20 cups of spinach a day, a pound of bacon, a half a pound of sausage, and a pack of hot dogs (all relatively low carb foods), you're eating at a calorie surplus. This equates to weight gain.

It boils down to the fact that low carb is low calorie in disguise.
    Last edited by BigSouthernBoy; 09-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.

DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500) DonGoofT is not very helpful. (-500)
    itt i learnt so much

thank you *******s

paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    You can eat McDonald's, ice cream, and cheesecake every day. So long as you're in a caloric deficit; you will lose weight.

But, your muscles wouldn't appreciate the lack of protein :X
    Repped for IIFYM , as mentioned you can eat maccas, so called "junk food" long as your hitting macros, getting micronutrietns and sufficient fibre you and in a deficit you will lose bf.

FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DonGoofT View Post
    itt i learnt so much

thank you *******s
    Nice necromancy skills bro