jakeblond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Torn ACL upper body workouts to stay in somewhat of shape?

So i tore my acl playing basketball with some friends and i gotta get surgery here in a couple weeks. I obviously cant do any cardio even swimming for a few months. I have been lifting weights for about 3 years now and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on workouts for upperbody so that i could lose a few pounds and still maintain muscle mass without doing squats r leg exercises?
    thanks
    Hard work and good diet are key

Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i tore my acl in septermber and literallly a day or two after i was working out. i also played basketball two weeks after i tore it at a park, before i eevn realized it was a torn acl. tried playing through the torn acl for hs basketball season but it limited me alot in what i could do. so i got surgery on january 11, missed a week of working out and that was it, just didnt do any leg exercises at the gym. also until like the 3 week mark, i tried not to do any exercises standing up like dumbell curls, tried sitting dwon for those, didnt do deadlifts until 2 month mark. other than that tho my intensity in the gym was the same, and all exercises for the most part were the same. also, after i had surgery for like a month when doing like an exercise such as shoulder press dumbells or incline dumbells, tried putting heavy weights like on my quad rather than knee when i kick it up so it doesnt hurt knee. i am also wayyy ahead of schedule of normal acl patients, so i dont know if you will be able to do this, like i will be cleared for sport specific exercises basketball for me on friday, at only 3 month mark, most people for them it would take 4 or 5 months. what kind of sureery you getting??
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"---Aristotle

I REP BACK

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476414291#post476414291

youtube channel----http://www.youtube.com/user/dschnizzle24

kewl2196 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
    i tore my acl in septermber and literallly a day or two after i was working out. i also played basketball two weeks after i tore it at a park, before i eevn realized it was a torn acl. tried playing through the torn acl for hs basketball season but it limited me alot in what i could do. so i got surgery on january 11, missed a week of working out and that was it, just didnt do any leg exercises at the gym. also until like the 3 week mark, i tried not to do any exercises standing up like dumbell curls, tried sitting dwon for those, didnt do deadlifts until 2 month mark. other than that tho my intensity in the gym was the same, and all exercises for the most part were the same. also, after i had surgery for like a month when doing like an exercise such as shoulder press dumbells or incline dumbells, tried putting heavy weights like on my quad rather than knee when i kick it up so it doesnt hurt knee. i am also wayyy ahead of schedule of normal acl patients, so i dont know if you will be able to do this, like i will be cleared for sport specific exercises basketball for me on friday, at only 3 month mark, most people for them it would take 4 or 5 months. what kind of sureery you getting??
    Hey I was just wondering what surgery you had gotten, I recently just tore my acl also and am trying to figure out what surgery to go with? Thanks!