fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000)

So i won the last bench comp here in iraq

i weighed in at 163 and i lifted 365. thats a PR for me. i got first with 202 pounds over my bodyweight. the second place guy weighed in at 214 and lifted 415 so i just barely made it.
    hopefully i can get a lot stronger and not go over 165. i'll post again if i make anymore strength gains.

kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thats a great lift. congrats man and thank you for your service

fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000) fabostrong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks man. i appreciate it. hopefully i cant get stronger

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good job, man! That's a powerful lift right there.

Good luck with your strength gains, and thanks so much for your service.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im sorry if i miss understood your post, but do they judge on how much above your own body weight you can lift ?? Ive never looked at powerlifting contests sorry lol

great lift though!

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jack12345 View Post
    Im sorry if i miss understood your post, but do they judge on how much above your own body weight you can lift ?? Ive never looked at powerlifting contests sorry lol

great lift though!
    If I weigh 250lbs and Deadlift 500lbs (2x my bodyweight) but you weigh 100lbs and Deadlift 400lbs (4x your bodyweight) your lift is judged as being better.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DanielBeauchamp View Post
    If I weigh 250lbs and Deadlift 500lbs (2x my bodyweight) but you weigh 100lbs and Deadlift 400lbs (4x your bodyweight) your lift is judged as being better.
    that's not what the OP described.

he described a system wherein the weight pressed had your bodyweight subtracted, and the greatest differential = win.

that's a horrible system.

what you described is also only semi-accurate. bodyweight multipliers only work as a gauge of relative strength, if strength advances in a linear relationship with bodyweight. That doesn't happen, so the very simplistic view is oftentimes incorrect.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post

he described a system wherein the weight pressed had your bodyweight subtracted, and the greatest differential = win.

what you described is also only semi-accurate. bodyweight multipliers only work as a gauge of relative strength, if strength advances in a linear relationship with bodyweight. That doesn't happen, so the very simplistic view is oftentimes incorrect.
    Ah...ok. So you're saying that they only judge numbers in a meet? Or do they also take bodyweight into consideration?

I'm aware that they have different bodyweight classes that compete against each other, but isn't it more impressive to be lifting more at a lower bodyweight? Like, a 250lber and a 170lber lifting the same weight...doesn't the lighter lifter have a better lift in that case?

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post

yeah...its not an official powerlifting event or anything...they have it just to give soldier's a reason to workout. the truth is i dont know much about powerlifting...i think i got lucky with good genetics and i just train heavy.

thanks for all the replies guys. i looked at the results from the bench comp at the ronnie coleman classic, its nice to know i wouldve placed third. does anybody think Joe Mazza is on roids? just wondering. i'm a noob so i dont really know what lifts are realistic at certain bodyweights

Ah...ok. So you're saying that they only judge numbers in a meet? Or do they also take bodyweight into consideration?

I'm aware that they have different bodyweight classes that compete against each other, but isn't it more impressive to be lifting more at a lower bodyweight? Like, a 250lber and a 170lber lifting the same weight...doesn't the lighter lifter have a better lift in that case?
    thats pretty much how they do it here dude. i think the same thing about a 250lber and 170lber lifting the same weight...but i dont know the ins and outs of real powerlifting regulations and rules.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz

...in this particular competition, from what the OP described, the competitor's bodyweight was subtracted from the weight benched and ranked accordingly.

the OP benched 365 at a bodyweight of 163 for a difference of 202lbs, he won with the greatest differential.

the 2nd place contestant benched 415lbs at a bodyweight of 215, for a difference of 200lbs.

in a powerlifting contest wherein best lifter is determined by coefficient, the OP still would have won, with a wilks of 119.1645 vs. 115.7534
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PAS08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

That would be personal opinion, as they would not be competing against each other being different weight classes - for me personally, it would depend on there height/limb length, how much muscle mass they have at that weight etc If someone weighs less it often does not mean they are at a disadvantage as they are often shorter, with much less range of movement, and also often have much less bodyfat, and also much more muscle mass for there weight. The bigger guys tend to just care about weight moved so dont try to lift a certain amount compared to there bodyweight.