PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is 93% fat free ground beef considered lean or extra lean?

That's the highest % my local food store sells. Just wondering if that's considered lean or extra lean (for nutrional stats).

FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lean becuase I get 96% and its labeled as extra lean.

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FL_Z32 View Post
    lean becuase I get 96% and its labeled as extra lean.
    Thanks. I'm pissed that my Super Stop and Shop doesn't carry anything leaner than 93%.

goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    does it make that much of a difference?
    Strong-Ass Jew Crew

Originally Posted by goldmank View Post
    does it make that much of a difference?
    It does when you are counting calories and macros.

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's no difference in taste that I noticed, FYI. I'm not too worried about the little extra fat so the 93% lean is good for me. YMMV.

goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rdez View Post
    There's no difference in taste that I noticed, FYI. I'm not too worried about the little extra fat so the 93% lean is good for me. YMMV.
    that's what I was thinking, but then again I don't know very much about this yet
    Strong-Ass Jew Crew

Originally Posted by Rdez View Post
    Yea I didn't think there would be as there was no difference between 87% and 93% when I made that switch a long time ago. I'm more worried about the fat though since I'm on a cut.

doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    Yea I didn't think there would be as there was no difference between 87% and 93% when I made that switch a long time ago. I'm more worried about the fat though since I'm on a cut.
    Does it release some fat when you cook it? You could drain it out if it does.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by doctapeppa View Post
    Does it release some fat when you cook it? You could drain it out if it does.
    yeah, but the leaner it is, the less that draining and blotting will matter because there is less fat in it overall.

OP, still may want to check out this good link on the topic of Reducing the Fat Content of Regular Ground Beef by Draining and Rinsing See, http://healthy.hillbillyhousewife.com/groundbeef.htm

Make sure to look at the links at the end of the article.

OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnTheReg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not only do i eat 80/20, but i fry my burgers in a ton of butter. fat central!

i just tried keto for the first time, so i wanted all the fat i could get. tastes good man.