Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL.. I suck. Thanks Bob!

Here is the link for my updated photos at 14.5 weeks out. Down to 187.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Cape%20Cod/
    CORE Nutritionals Athlete
    Team Miller

"Man's damnation is the inability to hold other's in awe" DORIAN YATES

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    really liking these vlogs, man. get a great insight as to who you are, so now i can be even MORE inspired by you. and pics look very good at 14 weeks out

Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    really liking these vlogs, man. get a great insight as to who you are, so now i can be even MORE inspired by you. and pics look very good at 14 weeks out
    Thanks Bro.. I will keep them coming. This prep is going great so far but I have a lot of work still ahead of me. With the adversities of dieting and my chaotic life I am sure some of the vlog's will get interesting.
    Team Miller

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking great in those pix Ron...amazing how much you've leaned out since your last set of pix.....awesome work. Vlogs are so cool...'preciate the effort you put into them!
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

July 1st

Well tomorrow will make seven weeks of dieting. My start weight on May 14th was 196. My weight has been at 187.5 for a week now. It amazes me how much different I am looking with just a 8.5 pound drop. I have 14 weeks until the IFPA Cape Cod show and I am already feeling a sense of urgency. I almost think second guessing myself is a good thing though. It makes me keep tight to everything and pay attention to detail.
    I started my vlogs as a way to keep self motivated and to try to give a little insight into how I am feeling about the prep and just everyday life. I was a little nervous to put myself out there in this way but the responses I have received have been pretty positive.
    I am 1/3 of the way through this prep and I know I have done everything right since the last time I competed (April 2010). This is a very good feeling to know that I have put my best effort in to this. I truly think it will be worth it in the end.
    This prep is already so different then my previous preps. I have not deviated at all from the diet, workouts or cardio. I decided to hire Doug Miller to watch over my prep this year and his approach is much different then my previous contest preps. I have set meals and training. Not options! My carbs are a little lower this far out then in the past. But my protein and fat is s little higher. Cardio is close to the same, maybe a little less.
    I have already had a few people give me the "looking skinny" comment. Kind of a disturbing thing to hear but I know it is part of the process. I am so use to dieting in the winter and having layers of clothes on in and out of the gym. To walk around in baggy t shirts right now is a little strange.
    So far no real complaints though. I had a few days already were my.energy was kind of ****ty. But I think that was mostly due to lack of sleep. Working midnights really screws that up. Workouts are still intense and my strength is pretty close to off season levels.
    More to come. Just figured I would give a little break down at the 1/3 point of my prep.

dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ron Parmeter View Post
    Well tomorrow will make seven weeks of dieting. My start weight on May 14th was 196. My weight has been at 187.5 for a week now. It amazes me how much different I am looking with just a 8.5 pound drop. I have 14 weeks until the IFPA Cape Cod show and I am already feeling a sense of urgency. I almost think second guessing myself is a good thing though. It makes me keep tight to everything and pay attention to detail.
    I started my vlogs as a way to keep self motivated and to try to give a little insight into how I am feeling about the prep and just everyday life. I was a little nervous to put myself out there in this way but the responses I have received have been pretty positive.
    I am 1/3 of the way through this prep and I know I have done everything right since the last time I competed (April 2010). This is a very good feeling to know that I have put my best effort in to this. I truly think it will be worth it in the end.
    This prep is already so different then my previous preps. I have not deviated at all from the diet, workouts or cardio. I decided to hire Doug Miller to watch over my prep this year and his approach is much different then my previous contest preps. I have set meals and training. Not options! My carbs are a little lower this far out then in the past. But my protein and fat is s little higher. Cardio is close to the same, maybe a little less.
    I have already had a few people give me the "looking skinny" comment. Kind of a disturbing thing to hear but I know it is part of the process. I am so use to dieting in the winter and having layers of clothes on in and out of the gym. To walk around in baggy t shirts right now is a little strange.
    So far no real complaints though. I had a few days already were my.energy was kind of ****ty. But I think that was mostly due to lack of sleep. Working midnights really screws that up. Workouts are still intense and my strength is pretty close to off season levels.
    More to come. Just figured I would give a little break down at the 1/3 point of my prep.
    Next phase of the prep is full effect. New revisions with more cuts, cardio, and new arsenal of supps. Time to have fun!

bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oooh i didn't realize who was coaching up in this thing...this word gets thrown around way too much on these boards, but this is one time it really does seem like things will be EPIC

Originally Posted by dam225 View Post
    Next phase of the prep is full effect. New revisions with more cuts, cardio, and new arsenal of supps. Time to have fun!
    Thanks Doug for stopping in!! Yea man with the new changes I am sure I will be seeing some drastic changes and quickly! I received your email right before training the other day that said "Time to kick it up a notch!" Needless to say, my workout was fueled by that comment.. Thanks Doug
    Team Miller

oooh i didn't realize who was coaching up in this thing...this word gets thrown around way too much on these boards, but this is one time it really does seem like things will be EPIC
    That's what I am shooting for.. Thanks for keeping tabs Brett.
    Team Miller

Vlog 5

Quality is a little rough. I gave up on trying to add the video in.. LOl, Help BOB

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselparm?feature=mhee
    Team Miller

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quality is a little rough. I gave up on trying to add the video in.. LOl, Help BOB

I had no IDEA you were working with Doug Miller! How do you like working with the man himself? With one of the best natural bodybuilders to walk the earth behind you.. you are in great hands! Good luck Ron.

[QUOTE

I had no IDEA you were working with Doug Miller! How do you like working with the man himself? With one of the best natural bodybuilders to walk the earth behind you.. you are in great hands! Good luck Ron.[/QUOTE]

I am very confident with Doug's methods and he is been very easy to work with. He gives you the EXACT plan (Meals, workouts, cardio, supplements). No guessing games or adding macros. Makes it a lot easier on me. I just start at the beginning and by the end of the day I make sure everything has been completed. Hope all is well Bob
    Team Miller

July 13th

Well I am down to 185.5 and things are really starting to show!! Doug made some revisions last week and I am already seeing them work. My carbs were cut down a bit and he added quite a bit of cardio.

I have had a few mentally challenging days the past few weeks. I have never prepared for a show through the summer. In the winter months you don't feel like your missing out on much. But lately everyone is doing outside activities and I only have enough time for the gym. I am doing my best to make everything work but for some reason it just caught up to me.

My buddy Dave had plans on doing the Yorton Cup and the big plan was to diet together and to use each other for motivation. Well he kind of lost his ambition to compete for a few weeks. With Dave being on the fence I felt like the lone soul dieting. It's not like I cant do this on my own but it is nice to bitch and moan to someone once and a while.

Dave came around this weekend and we sat down last night and talked bodybuilding. I ended up taping some of it and making a new vlog. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselpa.../0/dgQ821WZ94Q

Training is still really intense but I have noticed a slight decline in my endurance. My strength is still pretty good but slowly coming down. I will be taking pictures on Saturday to send Doug and I will be posting them here to show my progression.

Here is my Delt workout from the other day
    Dumbell Military
    50's,60's,75's- Warm Ups
    85's-10
    95's-8
    105's-4 Drop 65's for 8

Barbell Shrugs
    225-20
    315-15
    405-10
    405-8 drop 315-10 drop 225-10

Front Dumbell Raises (Chest supported on Incline Bench)SS Incline Rear Delts DB
    25's-12 ss 15's-12
    35's-8 ss 20's-10
    35's-8 ss 20's-10
    35's-8 ss 20's-10

Seated Dumbell Laterals (Strict Form, Pinkies high)
    20's-15
    25's-12
    25's-10 Drop 15's-10
    25's-10 Drop 12.5-10

Hammer Strength Military
    2pps-15
    2pps/25ps- 8
    2pps/35ps- 6 Drop 2pps-6

Rear Pec Deck
    12x
    10x
    10x Drop 8x
    Team Miller

here ya go

12 weeks out update

Well at the 12 weeks mark I am down to 184.5. Everything is going good except for my stubborn legs. Doug has me attacking them hard in the gym and the cardio was recently ramped up. So they have actually been getting softer. But I won't question this guy and I am sure there is some means to what he is doing. I can see that the bodyfat is starting to slowly move from them. I am hoping to get them comparable to my upperbody come show day. I will not quit!!!

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/...20weeks%20out/

I shot a vlog with my meal preparation today. It will be up by Weds.. Thanks to the people that have followed them up to this point.
    Team Miller

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's comes the "Ron Parmeter" veinage! Looking WIDE in that front lat pose....definately making some serious progress....with 12 weeks left and Doug in your corner, I have a feeling those legs aren't gonna know what hit them. Continuing to follow for motivation!
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What happened to your great meal prep Vlog Ron? I watched it once this morning and went to watch it again and it was gone.. Looks like your doing good with this prep! I will be calling you very soon to take a trip up and train..

Mike,
    I started uploading it when I went to bed this morning. It cut off the last five minutes. Did you like the part you saw? I thought it was kind of blah . But that is an everyday morning for me.

Yeah I noticed it kind of cut off early but I really enjoyed it and I would bet a lot of others would also like it. I look forward to watching the whole thing. It was a very good portrayal of the day in the life of a bodybuilder. Nice job Ron!

Mike,
    I started uploading it when I went to bed this morning. It cut off the last five minutes. Did you like the part you saw? I thought it was kind of blah . But that is an everyday morning for me.

Vlog 6 Meal Preparation

I had to put it in two videos. Sorry, again I could not figure out how to post the youtube page!!

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselpa.../0/NNXm4yhTlE8

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselpa.../1/0WPgdaSKLYc
    Team Miller

Nice!

I believe you do it like this:

You have to surround the last string of 11 letters and numbers in the URL with this:
    [ youtube][ /youtube]
    without the spaces after the [

So your first video would look like this:
    [ youtube]NNXm4yhTlE8[ /youtube]
    but without the spaces after the brackets.. Hope that helps..

Another excellent VLOG! I can relate to so much of what you're doing and going through, except that you weigh less that me already and look 9 million times better. So you like Core MRP? And why have you decided to keep in a Waxy Maize product? Does Doug ever nudge you a little bit to switch over to Core ABC ?

Another excellent VLOG! I can relate to so much of what you're doing and going through, except that you weigh less that me already and look 9 million times better. So you like Core MRP? And why have you decided to keep in a Waxy Maize product? Does Doug ever nudge you a little bit to switch over to Core ABC ?
    Thanks man.. The CORE MRP is really good and works really well with that time of the night for me. In the off season I usually drink raw oats with Scivation Whey for that meal. Doug is very respectful and understanding that I am a Scivation guy. Plus, I love XTEND!! As for the Waxy Maize, I am just doing what I am told. In the past I would have taken it out by now but this is in the hands of Doug. I am sure that it won't be in for too much longer.
    Team Miller

What do your low carb days look like? I know you said you had 5oz. of meat per meal. Do you have any carbs on your low carb days besides Carb Slam and veggies?

How often do you have a high carb day?

Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post
    What do your low carb days look like? I know you said you had 5oz. of meat per meal. Do you have any carbs on your low carb days besides Carb Slam and veggies?

How often do you have a high carb day?
    The only difference in the Protein is that I have 5oz of meat in the meals. And I have only half a cup of oats for meal 1 and get rid of the brown rice in the other meals. On non training days I drop the carb slam too.
    Team Miller

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Well at the 12 weeks mark I am down to 184.5. Everything is going good except for my stubborn legs. Doug has me attacking them hard in the gym and the cardio was recently ramped up. So they have actually been getting softer. But I won't question this guy and I am sure there is some means to what he is doing. I can see that the bodyfat is starting to slowly move from them. I am hoping to get them comparable to my upperbody come show day. I will not quit!!!

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/...20weeks%20out/

I shot a vlog with my meal preparation today. It will be up by Weds.. Thanks to the people that have followed them up to this point.
    Looking GREAT Ron! 12 weeks should be plenty of time to get your legs diced. I am in the same boat as you that my upper body gets SHREDDED before my legs start to lean up.

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Looking GREAT Ron! 12 weeks should be plenty of time to get your legs diced. I am in the same boat as you that my upper body gets SHREDDED before my legs start to lean up.
    Thanks D!! We really do have the same issues.. That is the only reason I started out at 21 weeks out. I knew my upperbody would be close at 10 weeks out. But my legs will need the other 11 weeks to get where they need to be. Thanks for following and great job at your show.. Way to represent yourself and Scivation!
    Team Miller

also, Ron, a little surprised to not see sweet potato. just a preference thing or the word from doug?

also, Ron, a little surprised to not see sweet potato. just a preference thing or the word from doug?
    No sweet potatos yet. They will be coming. I could actually eat them now but I prefer the rice on carb up days. I will definetly be switching to sweet potatos soon though.
    Team Miller

Ron, how often are your carb up days?

No sweet potatos yet. They will be coming. I could actually eat them now but I prefer the rice on carb up days. I will definetly be switching to sweet potatos soon though.
    Last edited by Michael Blaise; 07-22-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast