Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pix look great Ron...sorry to hear bout your finger....god that must have hurt. Hopefully things will heal up quickly.
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    soon those arms are going to be bigger then that little waist keep it up man!
    Btw I spoke to mike halsey about competing in his show next year, he said you may not be doing the uprising again? I was planning on coming back and doing that for sure this year
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    Pix look great Ron...sorry to hear bout your finger....god that must have hurt. Hopefully things will heal up quickly.
    Thanks Bob for following!

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    soon those arms are going to be bigger then that little waist keep it up man!
    Btw I spoke to mike halsey about competing in his show next year, he said you may not be doing the uprising again? I was planning on coming back and doing that for sure this year
    Haha, my arms and legs hold so much fat. Once their lean they will be small again.. As for "The Uprising". It is looking pretty promising to be on for Spring 2012. Hope all is well bro!
    CORE Nutritionals Athlete
    Team Miller

"Man's damnation is the inability to hold other's in awe" DORIAN YATES

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ron Parmeter View Post
    Thanks Bob for following!

Haha, my arms and legs hold so much fat. Once their lean they will be small again.. As for "The Uprising". It is looking pretty promising to be on for Spring 2012. Hope all is well bro!
    Ok terrific ron, I hope to be competive for the pro card for the show next year, how many competitors did you have this year? Btw was lurking on here and went and got novem, your not kidding good stuff!! taste is great
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    Ok terrific ron, I hope to be competive for the pro card for the show next year, how many competitors did you have this year? Btw was lurking on here and went and got novem, your not kidding good stuff!! taste is great
    I had 32 last year. Sounds like a low number but the competition was outstanding. Plus there was 22 Open Mens Bodybuilders. The show was lacking Women's Bodybuilders and Figure girls. With all of the great feedback I am anticipating a much better turnout next year.
    As for Novem, it rocks!
    Team Miller

May 23rd Chest Triceps

Incline Dumbells
    3 Warm ups
    105-10 reps
    115's-6
    125's-4 Drop 80's-10

Hammer Strength Leverage Flat Press
    2pps-15
    2pps25-12
    3pps-10
    3pps-8 drop 2pps-10

Incline Hammer Stength-2 second holds
    2pps-10
    2pps&10-8 reps
    2pps&25-6
    3pps-4 reps drop 2pps-6 drop 1pps 8

Incline Flyes
    55's-15
    60's-12
    65's-10
    75's-8 drop 40's- 8

V Bar Pushdowns
    20 reps- Stack
    15 reps- ""
    12 reps-""
    10 reps-""
    8 reps stack plus 25 pounds drop for 10

Cybek Triceps presses in front
    15 reps
    10 reps
    8 reps drop 8 reps

Seated Tricep dips
    Stack for 4 sets to failure

Amazing workout and I felt strong throughout.
    Team Miller

May 26th-Legs

Today was probably the most taxing leg workout I have had this off season. For starters, the gym was over 90 degrees and super humid. There was something wrong with the central air system and I swear it was blowing warm air. On top of that I felt really fired up today. I woke up at 195.5 which made no sense to me. I have been spot on with my diet and this angered me. I was really hoping to see 193 by Saturday but that won't happen.

I have been very lucky to have a great group of training partners. My buddy John is there on time ready to go everyday. The guy is relentless and constantly pushing me to go harder. Big thanks to him! We started off with barbell squats. Which I have not been focusing on much of late. Squats were pretty brutal but it just kept going from there. So here was our leg day

Squats
    135-20
    185-20
    225-20
    275-15
    365-9
    375-6 drop 225-12

Hack Squats ss Leg press feet close together and low on platform
    2pps-20 ss 4pps-20
    3pps-12 ss 5pps-12
    3pps and 25-8 ss 6pps-12
    4pps-6 ss 6pps and 25-12

Seated Leg Curls
    100-20 reps
    135-12 reps
    150-10 reps
    165-8 reps drop 90 8 reps

Smith Machine Lunges
    3 sets 12,8,6 each leg

Leg Extensions
    110-20
    150-15
    150-15
    170-10 drop 90-10 drop 50-10

Ad and Abductors superset
    3 sets of 20 reps

I was drenched after this workout. My Mind/muscle connection was on and I felt every rep. After the gym I came home and watched the Heat/Bulls game. Wow!! Great game to watch and even better to be couch bound after this workout.
    Team Miller

Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryan1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn Ron....looking good on your 20wks out pics. "The Average bodybuilder" would think you already look stage ready. Can't wait to see that back detail creep in week by week. Keep it up!
    "Either you want it, or you don't." its just that simple.

June 3rd

Well today makes 3 weeks of dieting. I am down to 192 and feeling great. So far the diet has been easy. It is amazing though how aware you become of the smell of food. I hopped in my patrol car last night and I could still smell the McDonalds someone ate earlier in the day. During the night I went to a complaint and I could smell pizza. The kid told me they had pizza hours earlier. Ridiculous, I am like a hound dog now!

All my workouts have been excellent. My energy and endurance seem better and my food and supplements have been on time every day. The only sucky part is on my days off. Since I work 7PM-7AM it is hard to eat all my meals on my day off. On my nights off from work I am forcing myself to stay up so I can get my last meal in at 4:30AM. It also helps me stay pretty close to my "normal" sleep schedule. DVR is taking a beating lately and I get a little stir crazy some nights. I usually end up going late night grocery shopping and cook all my food. It's definetly and odd schedule. After being on this shift for 7 years it still does not feel right. I miss out on so much during the day but I will hopefully be on the day shift within the next couple of years.

I am going to start a Vlog documenting my prep. I am trying to get my buddy Dave LaClair to do it with me. He just competed this spring and is going to be prepping for the Yorton Cup. I have not competed since April 2010 so we are both in two totally different mind sets right now entering this Fall season. I think it would be interesting to hear our different opinions entering in to this prep. I really enjoyed watching Ryan Doris' Vlogs and that has inspired me to do my own.

So no new changes with my diet, cardio or supplements at this point. My weight is coming off the way I was hoping and I am only doing cardio on my days off from training right now. I have 17 weeks left and wanna be ahead of schedule so I don't have to kill myself at the end. I need my legs to come in as conditioned as my upper body and that is going to take all of 17 weeks. I can't let up or be satisfied at any point!

I was given a great opportunity this year by Scivation. Big thanks to Marc and Rob. Being sponsored not only provided me with the best supplements all Off Season but it allowed me to meet some of the best Natural Bodybuilders. This helped me learn more and inspired me to give my best effort all year. A big thanks goes out to Tommy Jeffers for helping me this off season. His guidance with training, nutrition and supplementation really seemed to help. So thanks Tommy!

17 weeks! "No rest for the WICKED"
    Team Miller

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ron.. sounds like your doing good! What's your training split like now?

Well today makes 3 weeks of dieting. I am down to 192 and feeling great. So far the diet has been easy. It is amazing though how aware you become of the smell of food. I hopped in my patrol car last night and I could still smell the McDonalds someone ate earlier in the day. During the night I went to a complaint and I could smell pizza. The kid told me they had pizza hours earlier. Ridiculous, I am like a hound dog now!

All my workouts have been excellent. My energy and endurance seem better and my food and supplements have been on time every day. The only sucky part is on my days off. Since I work 7PM-7AM it is hard to eat all my meals on my day off. On my nights off from work I am forcing myself to stay up so I can get my last meal in at 4:30AM. It also helps me stay pretty close to my "normal" sleep schedule. DVR is taking a beating lately and I get a little stir crazy some nights. I usually end up going late night grocery shopping and cook all my food. It's definetly and odd schedule. After being on this shift for 7 years it still does not feel right. I miss out on so much during the day but I will hopefully be on the day shift within the next couple of years.

I am going to start a Vlog documenting my prep. I am trying to get my buddy Dave LaClair to do it with me. He just competed this spring and is going to be prepping for the Yorton Cup. I have not competed since April 2010 so we are both in two totally different mind sets right now entering this Fall season. I think it would be interesting to hear our different opinions entering in to this prep. I really enjoyed watching Ryan Doris' Vlogs and that has inspired me to do my own.

So no new changes with my diet, cardio or supplements at this point. My weight is coming off the way I was hoping and I am only doing cardio on my days off from training right now. I have 17 weeks left and wanna be ahead of schedule so I don't have to kill myself at the end. I need my legs to come in as conditioned as my upper body and that is going to take all of 17 weeks. I can't let up or be satisfied at any point!

I was given a great opportunity this year by Scivation. Big thanks to Marc and Rob. Being sponsored not only provided me with the best supplements all Off Season but it allowed me to meet some of the best Natural Bodybuilders. This helped me learn more and inspired me to give my best effort all year. A big thanks goes out to Tommy Jeffers for helping me this off season. His guidance with training, nutrition and supplementation really seemed to help. So thanks Tommy!

17 weeks! "No rest for the WICKED"

Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post
    Ron.. sounds like your doing good! What's your training split like now?
    Mike, It is very similar to the one I was using most of my off season. I will go over it with you in person if I can ever get you to come up and train!!
    Team Miller

June 8th

Down to 191.5 yesterday! I am pretty happy with how things are going. As usual my upper body is leaning out fast and legs are looking pretty much the same. Some changes were made in my diet starting yesterday. My carbs were lowered a bit and an increase in cardio from 30 minute sessions to 40 min on my non training days. Also, I will be adding in some PWO HIIT.

My strength has been pretty good. I did 295-4 on flat barbell on my last set the other day. 110's for 4 reps on dumbell military, weights moved up on Hack Squats.. So all in all traning is going good. My forearm seems to be slowly getting better. I have been doing heat/ice treatment on it at night.

I talked to my boy Dave yesterday, looks like a vlog will be up before next week. Should be interesting!?? Today is hamstring day with Zach Lavigne and Justin Glicksman. It will be EPIC and each set will be one upped my the next guy. I love these type of workouts. Competitive, in a good way.

Supplements- I have been asked a few times recently what I am currently taking.
    4-6 scoops of Xtend throughout the day, in between meals with Beta Alanine added,
    Alcalean 3x a day
    Max CLA and EFA's morning and night,
    Pre WO- 2 scoops Xtend, 4 scoops Novem,
    During- 4 scoops Xtend 3g Beta Alanine
    PWO-2 scoops Whey, 2 scoops Carb Slam, 5g creaform, 5g glutaform, 3 g Beta Alanine, 8g AAKG
    Team Miller

June 9th Leg Day (Hamstring Dominant)

Today was an insane hamstring workout. I trained with Jay Friend, Zach Lavigne and Justin Glicksman. It was great to have guys that were stronger then me and making me push myself. Yesterday was my lowest carb day of the prep so far. I felt skinny today and was down to 190.5 this morning. Today is my high carb day and it is much needed. I woke up today and only got one meal in before this workout. I could have used more meals before the workout today but I managed to bring it..

Barbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    135-15
    225-15
    315-5
    365-5
    405-5
    405-5
    405-5

Strive Lying Leg Curls
    20 reps
    10 reps
    10 reps
    8 reps drop 8 drop 8

Hoist free motion Smith Squats (wide stance/deep)
    225-15
    315-10
    335-8
    365-4 drop 225-8

Hoist Rock'It seated leg curl
    8 drop 8

Ad and Abductors
    3 sets 20 reps

Hoist toe presses
    4 sets of 20 reps

Seated calf raises
    4 sets 10-12 reps

Glute Blaster
    3 sets working up to the full stack.

I am filling this already! I am sure my lower back will be sore tomorrow. Hopefully it is ready to go come Friday for Big Back.

Chest and triceps tomorrow
    Team Miller

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keeping it strong Ron....like to see it! How many weeks out are you?
    RDF

My Journey:

Keeping it strong Ron....like to see it! How many weeks out are you?
    Thanks for following Bob. I am 17 weeks out tomorrow. The first 3 weeks went by fast. Hope it stays that way. I will post some 16 weeks out photos next week. And hopefully a vlog next week. I am pretty excited right now.
    Team Miller

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ron, I will make it up one of these days... I am coaching baseball now, so between that, late meetings at work and trying to keep up with my 5 acres of lawn work I just barley have enough time to workout without the 1 hour commute. As soon as baseball season is over I will have more time and will make the trip..

Mike, It is very similar to the one I was using most of my off season. I will go over it with you in person if I can ever get you to come up and train!!

June 13th

The last two days have been killer workouts. I trained legs yesterday with some sick individuals. I have mentioned Justin and Zach before and they deserve to be mentioned again. They bring it everytime and really make me bring my "A" game. We crushed legs for nearly 2 hours and I was pretty happy with the weights I was able to use. I was able to get up to 405 on squats for two sets of 5 reps.

Today was Chest and Back Width
    Decline Barbell
    135,205, 275 warm ups
    295-5
    315-5
    295-5

Wide Hammer Strength Pulldowns
    2pps-15
    3pps-12
    3pps and 25-10
    3pps- and 25-8 drop 2pps for 10

Barbell Shrugs
    225-15
    315-12
    405-10
    495-8 drop 315-8

Hammer Strength Incline
    2pps-15
    2pps and 25-10
    3pps-8
    3pps and 25-4 drop 2pps for 10 reps

Cybek Close grip pulldowns
    15,10,8,12 I ended up using the stack on the last set

Hoist Military presses
    15,8,6 drop 6 drop 6

Cable crossovers
    3 sets of 12 reps

I really liked the Hoist military presses at the end. The hand placement and range of motion made me feel my upper chest along with my front delts

So I made my first attempt at Vlog tonight. It was an odd feeling but I am hoping to use it as another source of motivation during this prep. The diet and training are going great. I will be doing my weigh in and pictures by Saturday. I am pretty excited to compare some pics 4 weeks in to this prep.

Team Miller

Sweet vlog Ron....def. adds motivation for this follower!
    RDF

My Journey:

Sweet vlog Ron....def. adds motivation for this follower!
    Thanks man.. The vlog's will be fun and hopefully motivating..
    Team Miller

June 16th Back

Today was big back day. For the first time in months I was without a training partner. My regular partners (John and Jay) were both unavailable. John had to work over and Jay had a serious issue. The last few weeks when we have done deads or squats he has been complaining about stomach pain. He thought it was an early sign of a hernia. Then the past few days he was having stomach pain and was vomiting. Well he went to the doctors and they did an emergency surgery to remove his appendix. So he will be out for a few weeks and I accept his tardiness.. LOL. The surgery went good and he will be released from teh hospital tomorrow.

So off to do Back by myself and heavy deads. It took me a while to get going but I still managed to pull some decent weight. My right forearm started bothering me during barbell rows so I did not go overboard. The weights I was using felt really light and I would have loved to seen how heavy I could have got up to. But it is just not worth injuring it more then it already is. I also took a few pics today post workout. I am very happy with my upperbody but my legs look really soft right now. This is common for me and they definetly take a lot longer to come in. But I will not give up and really hope to get them close to my upper body conditioning this year. I will post the pics in the next few days.

Here is todays workout

Deadlifts
    135,225,315 warm ups
    405-5 reps feel set
    425-5
    455-5
    455-5

Barbell Rows
    225-15
    245-12
    265-10
    275-9 drop 225-10

Dumbell Shrugs ss rear delt machine
    115's-15 ss 90-10
    115's-15 ss 90-10
    115's-15 ss 90-10
    115's-15 ss 90-10

Tbar rows supported (by the time I got to these I was fried, light and with a good contraction)
    45 and 25-12
    45 and 25-10
    45 and 25-8
    45 and 25-6 drop to 45 for 10 reps

Reverse Pec Deck ss rope rows
    10 reps ss 8 reps
    10 reps ss 8 reps
    10 reps ss 8 reps

HyperExtensions
    2 sets of 20 reps

Rope Crunches
    3 sets 12 reps

Great workout, it took me a while to get rolling but my focus was amazing once I got the motor moving.

Chest, Delts and calves tomorrow.
    Team Miller

Sux to hear about your buddy but sounds like they caught it just in time. Solid workout, even if you where alone. Your strength is great Ron...deads and rows in particular....although I do remember our Shoulder session and you blastin' up 100's like they were butter!

Keep up the hard work....looking forward to some progress pix.
    RDF

My Journey:

June 23rd-Vlog 2

Part 1- Update, Motivation and Weak Bodypart training

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselpa.../1/QjTUvmHiROc

Part 2- Binge Eating!

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselpa.../0/6PUAbqWiPSo
    Last edited by Ron Parmeter; 06-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Team Miller

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    really diggin the vlogs, dude!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Digging the V-Log idea Ron, Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the stage this year. Saw this on ******** from Ryan (another Team Scivation Athlete).

Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    really diggin the vlogs, dude!
    Thanks for falling man!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Digging the V-Log idea Ron, Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the stage this year. Saw this on ******** from Ryan (another Team Scivation Athlete).
    Bob, I loved watching Ryan's. Def inspired me to get one going. They will get better soon. More training and in depth stuff. Any ideas you have shoot my way. Hope all is well man. Wish I would have been doing these back at the Arnold. Between the weekend we had and my crazy travel home, I think I would have had everyone laughing.
    Team Miller

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for falling man!

Bob, I loved watching Ryan's. Def inspired me to get one going. They will get better soon. More training and in depth stuff. Any ideas you have shoot my way. Hope all is well man. Wish I would have been doing these back at the Arnold. Between the weekend we had and my crazy travel home, I think I would have had everyone laughing.
    Some things to consider:
    1) Food Prep/Meals for Contest Prep (your outlook on meal frequency/timing)
    2) Supplementation and its importance
    3) Posing -- Reiterate how much you do and your thoughts (most people overlook it)
    4) Your strategies you will implement on prep to help overcome obstacles/mental roadblocks.

Hope that helps.

Diggin' the vlogs....it was nice to hear your input (and Dave's) input on exercising, dieting (LOVE the krispy-kreme story) and everything else. I never thought of the whole cheating once a week adding up to 52 days a year. It's pretty common sense but it you don't think anything of it when you're actually doing it.

Definately getting motivation (and informed) from these......thanks!
    RDF

My Journey:

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Some things to consider:
    1) Food Prep/Meals for Contest Prep (your outlook on meal frequency/timing)
    2) Supplementation and its importance
    3) Posing -- Reiterate how much you do and your thoughts (most people overlook it)
    4) Your strategies you will implement on prep to help overcome obstacles/mental roadblocks.

Hope that helps.
    Great Ideas! The food prep thing is something I was plan on doing. Def moving it ahead on the list now.

Diggin' the vlogs....it was nice to hear your input (and Dave's) input on exercising, dieting (LOVE the krispy-kreme story) and everything else. I never thought of the whole cheating once a week adding up to 52 days a year. It's pretty common sense but it you don't think anything of it when you're actually doing it.

Definately getting motivation (and informed) from these......thanks!
    Thanks brother! More to come.
    Team Miller

Vlog 3

Team Miller

Gotta remove those / characters in the youtube parameter.
    RDF

My Journey:

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast