monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are pear-shaped males common?

And anyone have before/after pics after losing their pear-shapedness?

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't they so. Most men store fat in their gut, not their hips/thighs. u have low test brah?
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HYDRAE View Post
    I don't they so. Most men store fat in their gut, not their hips/thighs. u have low test brah?
    If you wernt joking im pretty sure its genetics not low test.

flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10) flipkev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by monsterclub View Post
    I think this is pear shaped, more like muffin topish.

I've noticed your lower torso shape comes from the core exercises you do, here I remember doing no resistance ab and bicycle crunches.

Then currently I've done more core intensive training, no resistance but exercises like benched body levers, by weaksauce version of cranks, etc. So my core became thicker, but I'm not mad

Still a bit of pear-shapeness though :/
    Back at 210, lame :/

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
    If you wernt joking im pretty sure its genetics not low test.
    negative, the vast majority of men are not pear shaped - and I would guess that has to do with hormones, but IDK for sure.

even the poster above me doesn't qualify. thats just standard apple shape male spare tire.
    Last edited by HYDRAE; 04-13-2010 at 09:27 AM.
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    negative, most men are not pear shaped.
    False. Men have a tendency to be more apple-shaped, where as women have a [i]tendency[i] to be more pear shaped. But, like with any characteristic, there's a wide variance between extremes for both sexes.
    Cutting. Commenced January 19th, 2015 @ 211 lbs. Goal: 168 lbs.

Originally Posted by mbieker1 View Post
    False. Men have a tendency to be more apple-shaped, where as women have a [i]tendency[i] to be more pear shaped. But, like with any characteristic, there's a wide variance between extremes for both sexes.
    thread title: Are pear-shaped males common?
    answer: see bold

what exactly is the problem seeing as you agree with me?

mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You were replying to a post suggesting his body shape results from genetics, rather than testosterone levels.

You were replying to a post suggesting his body shape results from genetics, rather than testosterone levels.
    I don't give a fuk what causes it, they answer is the same. its not common.

Also, have a big ole serving of STFU:

"In adult humans, muscle mass may change due to exercise, and fat distribution may change due to hormone fluctuations"

Fat distribution

"Estrogen causes fat to be stored in the buttocks, thighs, and hips in women.[17][18] When women reach menopause and the oestrogen produced by ovaries declines, fat migrates from their buttocks, hips and thighs to their waists;[19] later fat is stored in the belly.[20] Thus females generally have relatively narrow waists and large buttocks,[21] and this along with wide hips make for a wider hip section and a lower waist-hip ratio compared to men.

Oestrogen increases fat storage in the body,[22] which results in more fat stored in the female body.[23] Body fat percentage recommendations are higher for females, as this nutrient serves as an energy reserve for pregnancy. Males have less subcutaneous fat in their faces due to the effects of testosterone;[24] testosterone also reduces fat by aiding fat metabolism. Males generally deposit fat around waists and abdomens (producing an "apple shape") due to the lack of estrogen."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_shape

in conclusion GTFO.

Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000)

Genetics dont have to be common.
    Its a result of genetics not low test levels.

Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
    Genetics dont have to be common.
    Its a result of genetics not low test levels.
    read above. fat distribution is heavily influenced by test and estrogen.

I don't give a fuk what causes it, they answer is the same. its not common.
    Right. My issue was with what appeared to be a blanket denial that the issue is genetic. That may or may not be the case.

Also, have a big ole serving of STFU:

"In adult humans, muscle mass may change due to exercise, and fat distribution may change due to hormone fluctuations"

Fat distribution

"Estrogen causes fat to be stored in the buttocks, thighs, and hips in women.[17][18] When women reach menopause and the oestrogen produced by ovaries declines, fat migrates from their buttocks, hips and thighs to their waists;[19] later fat is stored in the belly.[20] Thus females generally have relatively narrow waists and large buttocks,[21] and this along with wide hips make for a wider hip section and a lower waist-hip ratio compared to men.

Oestrogen increases fat storage in the body,[22] which results in more fat stored in the female body.[23] Body fat percentage recommendations are higher for females, as this nutrient serves as an energy reserve for pregnancy. Males have less subcutaneous fat in their faces due to the effects of testosterone;[24] testosterone also reduces fat by aiding fat metabolism. Males generally deposit fat around waists and abdomens (producing an "apple shape") due to the lack of estrogen."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_shape

in conclusion GTFO.
    I've already acknowledged that men have a lesser tendency to be pear shaped. Also, suck a bag of dicks.

Right. My issue was with what appeared to be a blanket denial that the issue is genetic. That may or may not be the case.

negative, the vast majority of men are not pear shaped - and I would guess that has to do with hormones, but IDK for sure.
    ^^^yes, strong denial of other possibilities

I've already acknowledged that men have a lesser tendency to be pear shaped. Also, suck a bag of dicks.
    the point was that hormones play an important role in fat distribution, validating my initial point. you slow bro?

monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monsterclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

even the poster above me doesn't qualify. thats just standard apple shape male spare tire.
    Yes, the lady with the green is what I look like at the moment (embarrassing). I have very minimal fat on top but from the waist down it just starts to widen. Do I need to do something besides continuing to lose overall body fat?

Yes, the lady with the green is what I look like at the moment (embarrassing). I have very minimal fat on top but from the waist down it just starts to widen. Do I need to do something besides continuing to lose overall body fat?
    don't feel bad, studies have shown that if the majority of fat storage is below the waist, it puts you in a much lower heath risk category for things like heart disease.

Also, despite what some of the other rather ill-informed posters ITT think, hormones do play a major role in fat distribution. An adult male storing fat like that could indicate an imbalance in estrogen/test. If I were you, I would have my test checked to be sure, or it could be genetic. In any case, you are correct, spot reduction isn't going to happen. Just keep losing body fat and your thunder thighs will go.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

hormones = fat distribution. An adult male storing fat like that could indicate an imbalance in estrogen/test. If I were you, I would have my test checked to be sure, or it could be genetic. In any case, you are correct, spot reduction isn't going to happen. Just keep losing body fat and your thunder thighs will go.
    /thread.

don't feel bad, studies have shown that if the majority of fat storage is below the waist, it puts you in a much lower heath risk category for things like heart disease.

Also, despite what some of the other rather ill-informed posters ITT think, hormones do play a major role in fat distribution. An adult male storing fat like that could indicate an imbalance in estrogen/test. If I were you, I would have my test checked to be sure, or it could be genetic. In any case, you are correct, spot reduction isn't going to happen. Just keep losing body fat and your thunder thighs will go.
    thanks. is it true to say the thunder thighs will go if i keep losing body fat regardless of my test level?

andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Op check out my Bodyspace for pic's. If ever there was a male pear/hourglass shape than I was it.

thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks. is it true to say the thunder thighs will go if i keep losing body fat regardless of my test level?
    dude, i was pear-shaped when i was bigger - during that time i even checked my test (worked in a path lab, thought i might as well test everything) and it was high while e2 was low. lost weight/build muscle and now i'm a lot broader in the shoulders than wide at the waist or thighs. my build had a lot to do with the fact that i am (hahaha!) genuinely big boned, with a very large rib-cage and very big hips. it's crazy! it doesn't look out of proportion once you start stacking on the muscle though...
    currently stacking: white blood/purple wraath/kre-alk

**Aussie Winter Crew**

lost 110lbs, now in the process of building a better me

yes

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The kid in the linked thread below seems to have changed his overall proportions from big fat hips/small shoulders to looking well-proportioned. You can't really see his legs in the before pic to gauge if he was holding a lot of fat there, but his hips sure look like they did. Reminds me of the "Grimace" McDonald's character.

I wouldn't have thought it possible. A lot of lost fat and a little muscle mass added in the right places => HUGE difference.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123688421

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you don't work out your back, you'll become a pear
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

born2befitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Fat:(

same probs here.. i have very thin upper body and lot of fat stores only in hips and thighs

born2befitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    same here.. i have very bad fat around hips not the upper body

RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10) RamaDollars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pear checking in. 5'8 244lbs 300lbs deadlift

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RamaDollars View Post
    pear checking in. 5'8 244lbs 300lbs deadlift
    not pear shaped, just overweight
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know this is a old topic.

But its genetics.

Fat distribution is genetics.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

Scisscor me Timbers! bbsapphireee's Avatar
    bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's called gamers butt.

And I've seen quite the number of them in my life. Skinny upper body, very disproportional butt/thighs that store majority of their fat.

Most likely genetic? Possibly other causes that accumulate long term? I have no idea, but I know that body type exists lol.

Edit: Yea, did not see how old this topic was.

PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    not pear shaped, just overweight
    /thread
    330.6 lbs - May 1st
    316.6 lbs - May 11th
    315.2 lbs - May 15th
    315.5 lbs - May 23rd
    305.6 lbs - May 30th
    296.6 lbs - June 6th - first time under 300 since '06
    297.2 lbs - June 13th
    292.8 lbs - June 20th
    295.4 lbs - June 27th