Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Supporting Gays

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Prn View Post
    i didnt realise the OP was gay until i read his other thread
    i apologize for that
    Maybe you should bother checking to see what a thread is about before you post in it. All you had to do was read the OP... or half the posts in here...

It doesn't matter. Why throw childish insults around at all?

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cerulean View Post
    ROFLcopters! Don't forget the free handbook and handbag if you join the club. Lesbians get a free powertool.
    If I pretend to be a lesbian, can I get a free "powertool" of my choosing???

neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LunicaAshes View Post
    If I pretend to be a lesbian, can I get a free "powertool" of my choosing???
    Just because it uses batteries doesn't make it a powertool.
    All of this has been posted before, and all of this will be posted again.

Originally Posted by neonhypoxia View Post
    Just because it uses batteries doesn't make it a powertool.
    Dammit.

IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did someone say free vibrators???

Oh, and btw, just thought I'd check in and ask a question.

I get hit on all the time by women in the gym, especially when I'm deadlifting. Does that make me a lesbian by proxy?

And why are homosexual women called lesbian anyway? According to the Romans, a lesbian was someone who lived on the isle of Lesbos.
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IceDragon View Post
    Did someone say free vibrators???

Oh, and btw, just thought I'd check in and ask a question.

I get hit on all the time by women in the gym, especially when I'm deadlifting. Does that make me a lesbian by proxy?

And why are homosexual women called lesbian anyway? According to the Romans, a lesbian was someone who lived on the isle of Lesbos.
    fap fap fap fap fap FAP FAPFAP FAP FAP...........UNGHHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!OHHH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

I need to wash up. I'll be right back.

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AKR View Post
    Jamin, you haven't given one logical or even real reason that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry. Gay people are going to be gay either way. You're not stopping it. You're just being a pain in their ass.

Well, we're not going to give them hugs and stuff. They deserve the hatred and intolerance. I can't stand it when a group attacks others and when people fight back, the defenders are called the attackers. I don't think so. It's ridiculous to try to put us in the same boat because we're being intolerant of those who are intolerant.

You're flat out in denial, bro. It's ridiculous to claim that the majority of Christians aren't against gay marriage when the majority of Christian voters are, and so is the majority of Christians polled. Maybe you go to a liberal church, but you have a false view of reality.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1375/gay...unions-opinion

The more people are involved in Christianity, the more likely they are to oppose gay marriage.

He could simply write "als;kdfjas;dlfkjasd;lfkasdjf" and you'd say the same thing.
    Point one wasn't addressed to me as I think everyone should have the same rights. Here is the simple solution as I see it. If a gay person want's to get married because he or she is in love with his or her significant other that is their right under many aspects of either the constitution in the US or the charter of rights and freedoms in canada. For any Christian who would say they should not be allowed to get married that is being very hypocritical. We believe that Christ/God is love therefore Love is part of our faith and religion. If a gay person is in love with there significant other and wants to marry them that is part of their faith or religion ie/ that believe in Love and want to join with there significant other as a sign of that love. Therefore gay marriage ironically IMO would acctually be covered under the freedom to practise your religion freely.

Second point is in fact what happens out here constantly with theists and atheists. You attack Christians and Christians attack you. Here is the problem with that the Christians who are for Gay marriage or at least not appossed to it in the general public don't get a fire under them to fight for gay rights in part because of the polarization caused by this back and forth.

An example is the civil rights movement which was very much powered by the white people who supported the blacks and caught the fire and vision. If black people would have (kind of like the black panthers movement) totally attacked all white people and caused that polarization they would not have got the support that was vital to the success of the movement. PFLAG for instance.

As for being denial I understand why you think that but I think you are missing my point which is that the majority of people who consider themselves "Christian" do not vote on things like Prop 8 in California. One of the reasons is the everyday non nazi style Christian feels like there is a them and us mentality and does not want to get in the middle of that.

The fact that it is still acceptable in most work places and schools ect to tell "gay jokes" and that kids (expecially male) still call each other "***" and "queer" as a insult is proof that the problem goes much farther then Christians or even theists. Together we can change the status quo but if people fighting for gay rights insist on playing the evil Christian card it is hard for even moderate Christians to embrace the movement.

For the record I am a member of PFLAG canada and constantly have discussions with both moderate and nazi style Christians and have tried my best to bridge this gap but it is harder with the them and us line being drawn.
    Last edited by heathershubby; 04-14-2010 at 06:42 AM.
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Heathershubby that is a very good post.

Made me think about a few things I hadn't considered before.

Repped.

Only thing I disagree with is the joke part. If something is meant as a joke, then to me that is fine, even if it is racist, zenophobic, homophobic, sexist etc. That is true equality.
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mntbikedude View Post
    Volcanos are awesome, I wonder what other secret powers I possess and didn't even know.
    brb going to test super gay powers....

Damn I don't seem to be able to get this volcano thing down............however I did get the toilet to overflow.

Thanks, you got mine too! And that's not molten hot magma either..... ewwww

I still need to make it out to Utah so we can go mud running!

Anyways, being a Christian gay man that was raised Southern Baptist, I've been exposed to the bigotry and hate all my life. I've come to realize most of them are just frightened and scared people. They're so unsure of their own decisions and choices that they can hide behind the mask of righteousness to disguise some appalling ignorance. Not much makes me more angry that seeing religion (ANY religion) being used as an excuse for being a hateful person. "***-hating" people that call themselves Christian are no different than a fanatical Muslim calling for the destruction on the infidels and stoning of women. We call them by many names: Al qaeda, the Taliban, terrorists. There is no difference. One just gets worse press coverage and the other has powerful lobbyists.

I've managed to maintain being a Christian despite running into congregations that only wanted me if I lied to myself and the world. No thanks. I'd rather risk an eternity in fire and brimstone Hell that I don't even believe exists. Any supernatural force demanding that I be a liar is probably not a force for good at all and should not be embraced. Granted, I did have a few years spell of my life where I denied God, but not his existence, because, believe me, I yelled at him on several occasions for making me gay before I learned to accept who I am. That was a productive use of time and energy lol.

Look, I believe in Jesus as my savior, but I also know that the big G is the man in charge. I also have a funny feeling that just about all of the "ancient" religions end up with the same guy at the top of the pyramid - people just take different paths to Him. With that said, people just need to stop assuming their beliefs are THE ONLY WAY and everything else is a lie. People need to stop assuming everyone gives a damn about the radicalized evangelical Christian views which basically are a parallel to Sharia law. Not everyone is drinking the same Kool Aid or cares to.

DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's true. Lesbos is kind of like the Fire Island for women.

IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DocOH View Post
    It's true. Lesbos is kind of like the Fire Island for women.
    Don't tell me. It's not the gays who are responsible for causing eruptions, it's actually the gay wimmens!!!

Dammit...now I almost wish I was a homosexual woman. Then I wouldn't have to complete this geology paper, I could just send in "I iz causing all the volcanic and plate tectonic activity cos I iz not only gay but I iz a wimmen".

I'd SO get full marks for that bastard.
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    fap fap fap fap fap FAP FAPFAP FAP FAP...........UNGHHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!OHHH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

I need to wash up. I'll be right back.
    You are very much mistaken if you think I'm cleaning that keyboard off young man...
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Don't tell me. It's not the gays who are responsible for causing eruptions, it's actually the gay wimmens!!!

Dammit...now I almost wish I was a homosexual woman. Then I wouldn't have to complete this geology paper, I could just send in "I iz causing all the volcanic and plate tectonic activity cos I iz not only gay but I iz a wimmen".

I'd SO get full marks for that bastard.
    I have to say, all the recent plate shifting we've been doing at our weekly meetings in the basement if Dino's Pizza in San Fran has been exhausting. Since all college professors are liberal gay-loving pacifists, they're at the meetings too and would understand your excuse completely. Probably get make up time too. :P

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, you got mine too! And that's not molten hot magma either..... ewwww

I still need to make it out to Utah so we can go mud running!

Anyways, being a Christian gay man that was raised Southern Baptist, I've been exposed to the bigotry and hate all my life. I've come to realize most of them are just frightened and scared people. They're so unsure of their own decisions and choices that they can hide behind the mask of righteousness to disguise some appalling ignorance. Not much makes me more angry that seeing religion (ANY religion) being used as an excuse for being a hateful person. "***-hating" people that call themselves Christian are no different than a fanatical Muslim calling for the destruction on the infidels and stoning of women. We call them by many names: Al qaeda, the Taliban, terrorists. There is no difference. One just gets worse press coverage and the other has powerful lobbyists.

I've managed to maintain being a Christian despite running into congregations that only wanted me if I lied to myself and the world. No thanks. I'd rather risk an eternity in fire and brimstone Hell that I don't even believe exists. Any supernatural force demanding that I be a liar is probably not a force for good at all and should not be embraced. Granted, I did have a few years spell of my life where I denied God, but not his existence, because, believe me, I yelled at him on several occasions for making me gay before I learned to accept who I am. That was a productive use of time and energy lol.

Look, I believe in Jesus as my savior, but I also know that the big G is the man in charge. I also have a funny feeling that just about all of the "ancient" religions end up with the same guy at the top of the pyramid - people just take different paths to Him. With that said, people just need to stop assuming their beliefs are THE ONLY WAY and everything else is a lie. People need to stop assuming everyone gives a damn about the radicalized evangelical Christian views which basically are a parallel to Sharia law. Not everyone is drinking the same Kool Aid or cares to.
    Nice post, it is sad that it took many of us a lifetime to finally get to the point that we not only accept who we are but that we can rejoice in who we are.

For me I can't deny the exsperiences of my life that lets me know that there is something out there that indeed is watching over us. That something could just be a force but it is something.

I sometimes miss having a belief system that relied on someone else to speak for God. But the fact is that same religion taught me to believe that God could speak and inspire me directly. I believe that has happened.

It's funny that really the whole battle for gay marriage is really more than that. It is a fight for gay spirituality. Gays have kind of grown up a bit and have moved from gaining the right to be who they are. But now we understand we need all of that but we still need a spirituality in our lifes.

It is sad that religion has tried to make gays believe that they have to choose between God and being their true selves.
    Last edited by mntbikedude; 04-14-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    You can, and need to find a ground that you know you are suppose to stand on.. hence, stand your ground, this is the place where you know everything is as it should be for you. If you stand in a place where you know in your heart things are wrong, most things around you will never be right.

Rule number one, never work at being what another man defines as being "honorable", Honorable is is being true to what you know and and doing what you know is right for you..

Nagalfar

Nonregistered Nonuser bustermac's Avatar
    bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by powerman2000 View Post
    And isn't it awesome that you are free to do that. However, there are consequences for every decision we make in this life.
    This is the truth.

It is sad that religion has tried to make gays belief that they have to choose between God and being their true selves.

That is the saddest thing of all. But hey, how can you control people if everyone knew they were loved.

I'm really hoping that the Angelican church splits. That will open the door to so many who sat on the outside of the church looking in and drawing their own conclusions about the faith, unfairly, because they were never allowed to experience it for themselves, as themselves. Right now, if a gay or lesbian wants to attend a service, you really have to dig to find one that is open and loving. Why on earth should someone have to filter Christian churches to find on that is open and loving? That closed mindedness is what fuels many atheists, I think, ( sorry, I don't want to be talking for you all - just a personal feeling) because they don't want to be told what to believe or think. Especially if it's a man's interpretation of an interpretation of another interpretation of a translation to another language, then another, and has been modified time and time again to serve a particular purpose. God gave us free will and science for a reason. There's no reason why the two can't exists. The story of Adam and Eve was an early attempt at scientific reasoning through story telling. I don't remember reading about a public notary or stenographer being in the garden recording everything

neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyways, being a Christian gay man that was raised Southern Baptist...
    Rurz wut? Gay and raised as a southern baptist? That must have sucked, and not in the good way.

Sappho lived on the island of Lesbos and many of her poems are... lets say "erotic" and directed towards other females. Often quite young females. So yeah, that's why they are called lesbians. Oddly enough Sappho was actually bisexual and she wrote several poems of a similar nature towards men, and yet lesbian is used strictly as a homosexual female and not a bisexual one. Well atleast lesbian isn't used towards bisexual women unless you're a tard.

But anyways you're female, and apparently you're a power lifter. Maybe you're just showing up on their gaydar as chaff?

Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cerulean View Post
    I'd just like to thank everyone who support us. I at times don't think you, the straight community, get enough credit. Our straight supporters deserve thanks. I think we all know someone who is gay. I think most of you recognise that we aren't really a threat to society. We just want to love who we want to love, as do you. Its a universal human need. Most of us are civil and respect your rights to believe as you do. You are to be commended. Thank you.
    I think most support equality, It just so happens to be homosexuality at this time, before that it was women and before that ethic minorities.

Sadly equality still needs everbodies support.

Rurz wut? Gay and raised as a southern baptist? That must have sucked, and not in the good way.
    lol - yes, and it still does. You think Catholics have a lot of guilt....

stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jamin2112 View Post
    If homosexuality was really a thing for a society to celebrate, I'd be all for it. But it isn't. Do your research. (http://www.traditioninaction.org/Hot...Statistcs.html).
    You're assessing people by their sexuality alone (which is silly), then claiming that their sexual preference has to somehow benefit society to be valid. There are many attibutes to people. Maybe I should find an arbitary characteristc of yours, and asign massage importance to it.

I took a brief look at your blog where you harp on about blacks, and state that Obama isn't american. Are you still gong to be dong this in years to come? Some people never seem to progress in ther thinking, or develop as people. You're free to stick to your throwback ways.

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Jamin2112 View Post
    I never serial killing to homosexual relations. It looks like you did, though. If homosexuality was really a thing for a society to celebrate, I'd be all for it. But it isn't. Do your research. (http://www.traditioninaction.org/Hot...Statistcs.html).
    I'll do my research from a legitimate source, not a religious site.

Originally Posted by stateless View Post
    Maybe I should find an arbitary characteristc of yours, and asign massage importance to it.
    Hmm, well he is deep in the red...

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigkarl View Post
    I'll do my research from a legitimate source, not a religious site.
    The sad part is a lot of the statistics are true. However the question becomes why is it true? I would argue it is true because society and religion have put such a stigma to homosexuality that it is something that was only done in secret for much of history.

In the 1970's when homosexuals first started to congregate in places like San Francisco it was like a kid in a candy store with no parents to guild them. They really had no concept of developing relationships, because where would they have learned this?

For straight youths they start dating in hs, and start to learn how to form relationships but most times for gays it had to be secret and dangerous sex. The aids epidemic forced gays to re-think this whole idea of monogamy.

Many gays like anyone realized that they needed more in their lifes, they needed not just sex, but love, commitment and romance. They realized they need spirituality in their lifes...... all of which could have the power to change all those statistic, every last one of them dramatically. Suicide, STD's all of it changed by the power to love and be loved. To commit and be commited to.

It is obvious that is the only option........ all other options have been tried with devasting results. And yet religion continues to fight the one proven solution, the only solution. Encouraging gays to be in commited relationships, to form solid family units, to be welcome in society, to be solid citizens of the community. It has already been proven to be possible and yet still they fight it.

It is the same arguments as segregation and those that continue this fight to keep homosexuals in the closet will look just as rediculous as rascist do now. When they realize the harm they have done, the hurt to the soul of these people. God have mercy on their souls.
    Last edited by mntbikedude; 04-15-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    You can, and need to find a ground that you know you are suppose to stand on.. hence, stand your ground, this is the place where you know everything is as it should be for you. If you stand in a place where you know in your heart things are wrong, most things around you will never be right.

Rule number one, never work at being what another man defines as being "honorable", Honorable is is being true to what you know and and doing what you know is right for you..

Nagalfar

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    The sad part is a lot of the statistics are true. However the question becomes why is it true. I would argue it is true because society and religion has done a ****ty job of putting such a stigma to homosexuality that it is something that was only done in secret.

In the 1970's when homosexuals first started to congregate in places like San Francisco it was like a kid in a candy store with no parents to guild them. They really had no concept of developing relationships, because where would they have learned this?

For straight youths they start dating in hs, and start to learn how to form relationships but most times for gays it had to be secret and dangerous sex. The aids epidemic forced gays to re-think this whole idea of monogamy.

Many gays like anyone realized that they needed more in their lifes, they needed not just sex, but love, commitment and romance. They realized they need spirituality in their lifes...... all of which could have the power to change all those statistic, every last one of them dramatically. Suicide, STD's all of it changed by the power to love and be loved. To commit and be commited to.

It is obvious that is the only option........ all other options have been tried with devasting results. And yet religion continues to fight the one proven solution, the only solution. Encouraging gays to be in commited relationships, to form solid family units, to be welcome in society, to be solid citizens of the community. It has already been proven to be possible and yet still they fight it.

It is the same arguments as segregation and those that continue this fight to keep homosexuals in the closet will look just as rediculous as rascist do now. When they realize the harm they have done, the hurt to the soul of these people. God have mercy on their souls.
    Good points throughout the whole post.

Regarding the bold: Do you think it is because they're plain stupid, or that they are just pigheaded, and afraid of progressing or admitting that they're wrong?

The sad part is a lot of the statistics are true. However the question becomes why is it true? I would argue it is true because society and religion have put such a stigma to homosexuality that it is something that was only done in secret for much of history.

To be fair though I have to add in one more point. It seems like guys are much more willing to engage in casual sex with someone they don't really know all that well. So I could definetly see casual sex occuring much more often in gay men than in straight men. This isn't really an agrument against homosexuality though, more just that its harder to get women to put out.

Ladies you need to start picking up the slack here so gay guys don't look as bad.

Originally Posted by bigkarl View Post
    Good points throughout the whole post.

Regarding the bold: Do you think it is because they're plain stupid, or that they are just pigheaded, and afraid of progressing or admitting that they're wrong?
    I honestly don't know, change has always been hard for religion. I have to be patient with them tho. The fact is that even tho I'm gay I had never understood the idea of gays falling in love and being in relationships until just the past few years. For a big part of my life, I looked at my gayness as something akin to being an alcoholic.

It was only in the last 10 years that I started to say ummmmmm I don't know the answer but I know we can't keep doing what has been done in the past. I think a big part of it came together when I had a younger friend that started the whole reparative therapy ****. I couldn't believe my church was telling him the very same **** as was told to me 30 years ago. That he could change if he just tried hard enough.

I really wanted to tell him NOOOOOOOOO don't go down that road, just go find a nice guy with the same values. But I didn't, I stayed quiet because I was still in the closet. It was a couple of years later that that I finally got it and understood fully what I now understand as the solution.

I am happy to say that the friend went on to meet a nice mormon returned missionary about a year ago and they are still together. My family had them over to dinner and they said our home was the first place they had been together where they could openly be gay.
    Last edited by mntbikedude; 04-15-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Nagalfar

To be fair though I have to add in one more point. It seems like guys are much more willing to engage in casual sex with someone they don't really know all that well. So I could definetly see casual sex occuring much more often in gay men than in straight men. This isn't really an agrument against homosexuality though, more just that its harder to get women to put out.

Ladies you need to start picking up the slack here so gay guys don't look as bad.
    There's probably some truth to that, I think there are plenty of guys that would be happy with many partners but I think that most of us realize that is going to reach a point that it leaves you pretty empty.
    Last edited by mntbikedude; 04-15-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Nagalfar