Thread: Speed

justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Speed

Hey, i noticed that as i gained weight and muscles, i got slower on sprinting.

As of late, i switched up from bulking to a cutting phase, which has me running a lot more than ever.

Anyways, I was wondering what exercises i can do to gain speed... both for short distances and long.

First off, i just want to be able to sprint faster than ever before. Thanks.

Goal:
    Run 4 miles in under 32 minutes
    Sprint 1/4 mile in 1 minute
    Current IST:
    1.5 mile - 10.16
    Crunches - 136
    Pull-ups - 14

Leaving for Bootcamp 02/14/11

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by justriot View Post

As of late, i switched up from bulking to a cutting phase, which has me running a lot more than ever.

Anyways, I was wondering what exercises i can do to gain speed... both for short distances and long.

Goal:
    I'd probably hit up a running site for this.

coolrunnings.com or runnersworld.com probably have more info for you.
    -

WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    4 miles in 32 mins is cake. in order to do that- just run.

mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Goal:
    Theoretically, adding lean mass to an athlete should not slow them down. In the pros, if there is someone who is doing awesome at everything, they give him more mass to work with, and it should make him a better player. So the muscle you have gained is not what slowed you down, maybe just not keeping the conditioning up.
    That being said, your 2 goals are totally different. Sprinting is an anaerobic system and running 4 miles is aerobic, so one is going to suffer. Since you said you want to sprint faster then ever before, I would cut out the 4 mile part and just focus on your weight lifting and sprinting. Running long distance will end up being counter productive to your sprint speed.
    To improve your sprint speed, you basically need to sprint more. Try HIIT training for your cardio, and add some explosive lifts in on your weightlifting. Basically, train fast be fast!

justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mugugaipan View Post
    Theoretically, adding lean mass to an athlete should not slow them down. In the pros, if there is someone who is doing awesome at everything, they give him more mass to work with, and it should make him a better player. So the muscle you have gained is not what slowed you down, maybe just not keeping the conditioning up.
    That being said, your 2 goals are totally different. Sprinting is an anaerobic system and running 4 miles is aerobic, so one is going to suffer. Since you said you want to sprint faster then ever before, I would cut out the 4 mile part and just focus on your weight lifting and sprinting. Running long distance will end up being counter productive to your sprint speed.
    To improve your sprint speed, you basically need to sprint more. Try HIIT training for your cardio, and add some explosive lifts in on your weightlifting. Basically, train fast be fast!
    U r right about the "keepin da conditioning up" bcuz when i was bulking, i did not run as much.
    I have heard of HIIT, and i was wondering if there are any other exercises that can help with speed.
    Current IST:
    1.5 mile - 10.16
    Crunches - 136
    Pull-ups - 14

mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    U r right about the "keepin da conditioning up" bcuz when i was bulking, i did not run as much.
    I have heard of HIIT, and i was wondering if there are any other exercises that can help with speed.
    Well obviously sprinting. Explosive lifts like powerclean. Also it helps to lift a little faster. For instance, I did a study where I squatted and went 1 second down one second up for 6 weeks, it improved my vertical by 4 inches and my 40 by .2. The group that went 3 down 2 up actually lost speed. Also look on youtube for plyometrics and dynamic speed warmups. Sprinting downhill will help facilitate faster muscle memory. Other than that there is not a whole lot more that you can do.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh, I thought this was a thread about drugs. nm...
    Time To Re-Schedule

Well obviously sprinting. Explosive lifts like powerclean. Also it helps to lift a little faster. For instance, I did a study where I squatted and went 1 second down one second up for 6 weeks, it improved my vertical by 4 inches and my 40 by .2. The group that went 3 down 2 up actually lost speed. Also look on youtube for plyometrics and dynamic speed warmups. Sprinting downhill will help facilitate faster muscle memory. Other than that there is not a whole lot more that you can do.
    thansk for the advice, ill try those workouts soon as day breaks.
    Current IST:
    1.5 mile - 10.16
    Crunches - 136
    Pull-ups - 14

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very true about powercleans and those type of lifts in gerneral.
    I have always been a quick runner. Now at 190 and also at 130lbs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fast twitch muscles. You need to do Plyometrics training

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    I'd probably hit up a running site for this.

coolrunnings.com or runnersworld.com probably have more info for you.
    thansk fo da sites, dey got some good information there.
    Current IST:
    1.5 mile - 10.16
    Crunches - 136
    Pull-ups - 14

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    thansk fo da sites, dey got some good information there.
    try correct english. you're not from the ghetto.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    try correct english. you're not from the ghetto.
    yea, could u teach some how to english
    Current IST:
    1.5 mile - 10.16
    Crunches - 136
    Pull-ups - 14