Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When the classes you teach have the fewest numbers, but the most effort and dedication. I teach classes as well as PT. My classes typically have the fewest participants. The manager once told me that, on a number of occasions, some people have told him that his class wasn't hard enough (he targets the less fit/newbie person and tries to make his class suit everybody - I don't agree with this concept), so he tells them that if they want 'hard' to go to my class.

There's a lady at the gym who absolutely hates me (don't know why because I've never really had any interaction with her other than a couple of classes when I started at the gym 5 years ago). At the moment, I'm covering classes for other instructors. Did one two days ago. Her face change was priceless to me when she walked in all smiles and then realised that I was teaching. LOL. I'm covering the class again today (about 3 hours time) and I know she'll be there.

What I have come to realise about her is that she doesn't like to move outside her comfort zone and I push everybody outside their comfort zones. I watch them in the class, see their reactions and adjust accordingly.

Of course, it's not simple sadism. I want them to succeed.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when your clients send you texts from the toilet..."I can't get up you mutherf(((er!"

Turns out not many folks know how to work their glutes.
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ...when the theme music to Rocky plays as you enter the gym/client's home.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

Jobsagooden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobsagooden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobsagooden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobsagooden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobsagooden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

When my clients get sent to Afghanistan and i get a postcard saying how nice it is not to be afraid of getting hurt.
    Training the brave to fight for our country since 2002.

I'm getting a new PB 1RM for Christmas! Let's see Santa get that bastard down the chimney :)

Advanced Personal Trainer, Nutritional Advisor and Massage Therapist.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    When your clients can do oly lifts..
    When your clients get the prowler flu
    When your clients get applauses for completing a certain exercise from members.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Apparently I'm a mean trainer. This is why:

Me: "Oh, you've done this exercise before? Great. We're doing 3 sets of 8 today, and I want to make sure you can get through all reps on all sets. What weight can you normally do for 3 sets of 8?"
    Ego-driven male: picks a weight he can only do for about 4 reps.
    Me: expects him to do 3x8.
    Ego-driven male: whines because I expect too much from him.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Train Hard, Bleed Less jmossthnp's Avatar
    jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When a potential client says "I would be afraid to have you train me," when they just met me for the first time.
    NASM CPT, CES... PES soon.
    Twenty-years in the trenches weight training plus Marine Infantry and Police Academy. No better group fitness certification than those.
    Associates degree unrelated to health.
    Passion beyond all (Or at least I think that way).
    Quit judging me because I carry more muscle than you do. I don't judge you for not having as much or not wanting to train to carry as much. Get over it.

5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000)
    When people don't know your real name your known as "Nazi trainer" or "killer" just a few. Then there's the ones I can't say on here. All of them horribly wonderful.

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't even let my clients scrunch up their faces. "Tension out of the face! Your chest/triceps/etc need that energy, not your cheeks!"

I'm also a yoga instructor (Bikram is my specialty) and I have a few clients who come in for one-on-one yoga sessions. My GM told me that initially he thought that yoga was all about being relaxed and peaceful, but that changed when he saw one of my clients during a session "sweating like a 300 pound man looking at a box of donuts." That was probably the day I had her do a pose called astavakrasana. Sorry you'll have to Google it, I can't link yet...

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    When your client emails you this after band resisted runs.

"Hey Thomas-

You just about killed me yesterday! My legs shook all day and my voice was hoarse "

This particular client loves the intense training and is seeing great results.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kneedragger85 View Post
    when your clients send you texts from the toilet..."I can't get up you mutherf(((er!"
    Haha, I've gotten that text many times.

...When your clients kids ask you why you keep hurting their mommy.
    Success is believing in what you can do, and doing it better every time.

Live Fit and Get Fit!
    LiveFitwithStephanie.com