ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10)

100% Pure Whey concentrate powder?

Hi everyone!! I have a Q:

Does anyone here prefer to use 100% pure whey? When I was in the US I used to buy this 100% protein at Whole Foods and here in the UK I found this "100% Pure Whey Protein concentrate powder" (its 'Allsports ONLY WHEY') and went ahead and bought it (it tastes chalky and 'milky').

But I am wondering, is it actually BETTER to use 100% protein p versus regular brands????
    I wanted to do away with the sweeteners and flavorings of all other products but is this actually doing the job the same way???????

Any Comments???

Thanks a ton!!!

ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

SO: Based on doing some research on here I found that

-100% whey is not necessarily inferior
    -100% is better post workout and not at night
    - Blends are not really worth the money unless you're not getting enough protein through foods etc etc

Am I right here???

This is my first post! these forums are so great; so much helpful info up for grabs!!!
    You guys rock!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use pure whey too for most things, in order to increase my protein content. I don't like all the added crap in my food either. Most of the protein shakes are whey protein based. However, if you are using it as a post-workout shake sort of thing, you do need to make sure that there are the proper number of carbs with the protein present to help your body refuel. You can simply make your own shakes, of course. I workout at a gym and cannot make it home to either eat or drink my protein/carb as quickly as I would like to get it in after my workout, and this is when I would use a commercial protein powder.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

what do you usually add to it post workout when you get the chance to make it at home? i make a shake with oatmeal, skimmed milk cinnamon and a banana and throw in the whey, its yummy :-)

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Anna1Banana View Post
    what do you usually add to it post workout when you get the chance to make it at home? i make a shake with oatmeal, skimmed milk cinnamon and a banana and throw in the whey, its yummy :-)
    That DOES sound good! I am so stingy with my oatmeal portion right now though, can't bear to eat it any way except with PB melted in.

I use whey, frozen berries and skim milk, a few drops of vanilla cream stevia, blend, sometimes ice too in order to make it a smoothie.

Someone recently had a thread going about homemade protein shakes, you can do a search or scroll down the female nutrition forum, it wasn't too long ago. All kinds of good ideas there!
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not trying to add more confusion to the thread...but I thought that whey protein concentrate was a less pure form than whey protein ISOLATE?

Perhaps purity is the wrong word...Isolate is better absorbed by the body than concentrate which is why isolate is more expensive than concentrate.

From my limited experience with concentrate powders (Walmart brand, other grocery store brands) they haven't really been all that good tasting as you mentioned, 'chalky'.

Originally Posted by tiff_7_17 View Post
    Not trying to add more confusion to the thread...but I thought that whey protein concentrate was a less pure form than whey protein ISOLATE?

Perhaps purity is the wrong word...Isolate is better absorbed by the body than concentrate which is why isolate is more expensive than concentrate.

From my limited experience with concentrate powders (Walmart brand, other grocery store brands) they haven't really been all that good tasting as you mentioned, 'chalky'.
    Hmmmm I got used to the concentrate whey and then ran out and bought some isolate (which yea is more $$$). Apparently whey isolate is faster absorbed and thus better after working out than concentrate which is good between meals?

Anyways the taste is crazy different, I get 'unflavored' versions of concentrate and isolate and sometimes mix them up if i'm drinking a shake between meals. I like the concentrate chalky version I lot and isolate seems stickier but makes great 'slush' type stuff :-)