chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

SUDDEN LOSS OF MUSCLE! I'm scared

ok I've been lifting for like two years now, I'm an mma fighter I'm 20 years old and in great shape. I'm 5'8 and 180 pounds, pretty muscular but not muscle bound... Well last week like tuesday I was kinda sick sore throat stuffy nose nothing too big... I shrugged it off stayed out late and had fun with a girl and felt worse the next day... That thursday I felt kind of better and hit the gym hard...
    I squated 405 six times
    benched 225 for two sets of 5
    hit an incline dumbell bench 5 sets of 10 working all the way up to 75 lbs did like 30 dips and did like four sets of five rep weighted pull ups with a 45lb plate strapped to my waist...
    prior to this I have been doin this almost exact same work out for a whole week 3 times a week.
    well I relapsed and felt kind of I'll, after this workout I didn't eat like I should of due to a decreased appetite... Well like saturday or I noticed my muscles had shrunk basically overnight! So then sunday I ate great all day and did the same lift as above... My muscles pumped up and I felt better about it...
    I then did the same lift tuesday I got the pump but still see smaller muscles.
    That relife was short lived because since wednsday they have been shrunk. I don't plan on lifting again til sunday and only a simple arm workout... What I'm wondering is this overtraining, clearly it must be... But the muscle loss was overnight! And even when I lifted my strength was the same. I don't know what I was thinking maxing out on every liftday like that. I get really intense sometimes, can you really loose muscle that quickly? It was literaly like over night, my strength seems to be the same as before... No loss in strength but my muscles have shrunk, I'm proud of my bod and now I feel embaressed to show my arms lol. Seriosuly tho what's going on!?

GB405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that cold has gotten you all delusional, lol. If your strength hasn't decreased then who cares? There's several factors that can cause this, like degree of muscle pump, etc.. plus if you think about it too much your mind will start to play tricks on you. As longs as your making gains don't worry about it. And maxing out on the same lifts three times a week is asking for trouble.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can't lose significant amounts of muscle overnight unless you have a flesh-eating virus or something. Most of muscle is composed of fluid, that is mainly determined by your glycogen and hydration levels and of course, the amount of blood in your muscles. This always changes throughout the day and not eating for a whole day can completely deplete your glycogen stores and make you look flat... but the solid portion of muscle is still in-tact. Learning to manipulate your carbs throughout the day can help you look your fullest when you want to, whether it's at the gym or out or whatever.

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty sure this is a troll... or someone who doesn't know what post-workout "pump" is.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    Pretty sure this is a troll
    We've been getting a lot of them for the past couple months. Don't feed the trolls.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chupak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    no I'm not a troll honest, I'm concerned.

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

[QUOTE=chrisboudreaux;475221821][img]

damn! I'm not a troll, I just spent like 100 bucks on this site on my usual now foods whey protein isolate... I'm excited to try some micronized creatine monohydrate and glutamine... At the same token last week my
    muscles were perfectly fine and now they have
    shrunk! I'm not sure how and very concerned
    as well as puzzled. These supps are on there
    way here and my fear is that there is somethng
    wrong with me... How the hell did my muscles
    shrink like this. I thought it was from over
    training and getting over a cold but I don't
    know. And now I have over critical people
    claiming I'm a troll getting in the way of
    possible helpful info... My weight is the same
    but my muscles are noticibly smaller. I'm so
    confused...
    and as for post workout pump of course I know
    what it is... It's the blood circulating through your muscles. Even with out the pump I have ripped muscular arms but as of right now my biceps and forearms are smaller than normal... I'm not a troll...
    Last edited by chupak; 04-11-2010 at 12:34 AM.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chupak View Post
    damn! I'm not a troll, I just spent like 100 bucks on this site on my usual now foods whey protein isolate... I'm excited to try some micronized creatine monohydrate and glutamine... At the same token last week my
    muscles were perfectly fine and now they have
    shrunk! I'm not sure how and very concerned
    as well as puzzled. These supps are on there
    way here and my fear is that there is somethng
    wrong with me... How the hell did my muscles
    shrink like this. I thought it was from over
    training and getting over a cold but I don't
    know. And now I have over critical people
    claiming I'm a troll getting in the way of
    possible helpful info... My weight is the same
    but my muscles are noticibly smaller. I'm so
    confused...
    and as for post workout pump of course I know
    what it is... It's the blood circulating through your muscles. Even with out the pump I have ripped muscular arms but as of right now my biceps and forearms are smaller than normal... I'm not a troll...
    ok... did you even read my reply dude?

Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    ok... did you even read my reply dude?
    I did and I appreciate the info... I'm still concerned tho, my muscles have been flat since last saturday, I have eaten plenty of good food and hydrated... My muscles still appear flattened/smaller. I'm not a bodybuilder but I am proud of my guns my major fear is that tomorro night when I lift I am going to find that I'm weaker. I
    feel good, I played basket ball today dunked and did like 30 pull ups on the rim... I just don't understand
    what's goin on with my damn muscles it seems like a
    week of proper nutrition would have stabalized them and brought them back to norm. What do you think?

JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    You can't lose significant amounts of muscle overnight unless you have a flesh-eating virus or something. Most of muscle is composed of fluid, that is mainly determined by your glycogen and hydration levels and of course, the amount of blood in your muscles. This always changes throughout the day and not eating for a whole day can completely deplete your glycogen stores and make you look flat... but the solid portion of muscle is still in-tact. Learning to manipulate your carbs throughout the day can help you look your fullest when you want to, whether it's at the gym or out or whatever.

Basically, everything that could have been said was said with the above reply. I don't know what you're looking for because nothing else in here is going to help. If it has nothing to do with the above mentioned problems, and you still think you're 'losing muscle' at an excelerated rate for some unknown reason then I say go see a Doctor.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    chupak: tovlakas is correct, the only thing I would add is messure your muscles and see if there is a large change in them. If there is follow jayallen20's advice and see a doctor.

shiviper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have similar kind of problem i had grown a lot over lile two months but over a period of like three days have lost a lot of muscle in arms i think and they look flatter and smaller

vaibhav1007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is the same thing happened to me I also have sore throat and stuffy nose and my muscles suddenly got shrunk I don't know what to do please help