Closed Thread
    saur12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Blood pressure and pre workout supplements

I have high blood presssure (HTN) for many years and I want to know if there is any pre workout supplement that can be use and do not increase blood pressure?

Thank you,

timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by saur12 View Post
    I have high blood presssure (HTN) for many years and I want to know if there is any pre workout supplement that can be use and do not increase blood pressure?

Thank you,
    My blood pressure 4 years ago was 225/160. That is NOT a typo, it really was that high. I have been on atenolol ever since. Doctor put me on a reduced sodium diet, and said I need to exercise. I did the cardio thing for 3 years, and my blood pressure went down some, but was still high. I didn't lower it until I started lifting weights 15 months ago. I had it checked last month, and it was 124/82. I do not take any supplements, pills, shakes, or drinks. Once I went to a GNC store, then I started looking around on-line, and it was a jungle out there. There really is an over saturation of products available. I didn't want to take any chances with me being on medication, so I decided that I would just do it naturally. The atenolol keeps my heart rate down, so I have a hard time raising it during cardio, but I would rather it take longer to burn fat then to keel over from a heart attack.

Good luck to you. It can be done.
    Tango Romeo
    Stroke Survivor - May 13, 2012

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thank you,
    Oatmeal? Works for me.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thank you,
    I tried super pump and didn't like it at all it made me feel weird and the "skin tearing pumps" were nothing more than my normal pump. All that I am saying is that in my opinion your not missing out on much. My .02

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am afraid that any preworkout energy drink is going to raise your blood pressure. I have really liked SuperPump, but it elevates blood pressure without a doubt. Hell, two of those little Starbucks Frappuccino coffees can spike it 20 points! LOL Make sure you've eaten enough clean carbs an hour or two before you workout. Best of luck!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    Oatmeal? Works for me.
    I'm thinking that for your situation OP that ^^^this^^^ is your best bet. Not a bad option either! JMO

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thank you,
    PM me and I can help you.
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    PM me and I can help you.
    I ALSO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN WHAT ED HAS TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT, AS I HAVE SLIGHTLY ELVATED BP AND HAVE STAYED AWAY FROM SUCH PRODUCTS !

KEEPONPUMPIN- red!
    Enjoy The Pump Of Life !!

IT'S NOT WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE SIZE OF THE ARM YOU HANG OUT THE WINDOW!

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by redweston View Post
    I ALSO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN WHAT ED HAS TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT, AS I HAVE SLIGHTLY ELVATED BP AND HAVE STAYED AWAY FROM SUCH PRODUCTS !

KEEPONPUMPIN- red!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ce...5-extreme.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ce...n0extreme.html

I stack both these products every training day 35 to 45 mins before training. I have since last Dec and they are the best pre workout product I have found to give me insane pumps and energy without HBP and the jitters. There is no caffeine in the M5 and less then a cup of coffee in the NZero.
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have controlled (with meds) HBP and have had it since my 20s. I take some caffeine pre-WO and have consulted with my doctor on it and he said it was not a problem. I have also used some of the pre-WO supps at times.
    "Consistency, hard work and dedication is the key to success"

Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have high blood pressure too.
    I think there are two types of high blood pressure that people have to think about. First is the type of high blood pressure that we create ourselves with lack of exercise and poor diet, being over weight, etc. Then there is high blood pressure that is genetic. Unfortunately I fall in the last catagory.
    I have never smoked, never been really over weight, never drank, always been active, have mostly ate very well, etc, but I have always had a problem with my blood pressure. I'm on 10mg of lisinopril / day to control it.
    Without it my blood pressure floats around 155/95. With it I'm around 135-140/85.
    I find it very frustrating because I know my diet is amazing. I am in very good shape physically as well, yet I can`t get off the stuff!
    For a preworkout drink it will usually be one of my smooties which will have oatmeal, spinich, no-fat cottage cheese, no-fat yogurt, blueberries, banana, pine apple juice, green tea, almonds and flax meal in it.
    Post work out I drink a large glass of chocolate milk.
    I started taking my blood pressure meds at the end of the day because I was worried how it would affect my workouts.

Just looking for any thoughts¸

Jeff

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thank you,
    Check out BodyForge by Neogenix its stim free.

Fantastic pre-workout.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neo/bodyforge.htm
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Inthegrass View Post
    I have high blood pressure too.
    I think there are two types of high blood pressure that people have to think about. First is the type of high blood pressure that we create ourselves with lack of exercise and poor diet, being over weight, etc. Then there is high blood pressure that is genetic. Unfortunately I fall in the last catagory.
    I have never smoked, never been really over weight, never drank, always been active, have mostly ate very well, etc, but I have always had a problem with my blood pressure. I'm on 10mg of lisinopril / day to control it.
    Without it my blood pressure floats around 155/95. With it I'm around 135-140/85.
    I find it very frustrating because I know my diet is amazing. I am in very good shape physically as well, yet I can`t get off the stuff!
    For a preworkout drink it will usually be one of my smooties which will have oatmeal, spinich, no-fat cottage cheese, no-fat yogurt, blueberries, banana, pine apple juice, green tea, almonds and flax meal in it.
    Post work out I drink a large glass of chocolate milk.
    I started taking my blood pressure meds at the end of the day because I was worried how it would affect my workouts.

Just looking for any thoughts¸

Jeff

I'm with you Jeff. I have the genetic HBP. I used to take my meds right after training but now take them before. I see no effect on my workouts by doing this. I wisk I could get off the meds but I see no way that will happen unfortunately...
    "Consistency, hard work and dedication is the key to success"

-SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Check out BodyForge by Neogenix its stim free.

Fantastic pre-workout.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neo/bodyforge.htm
    ..and dont forget to mention its on WheyCheap.com at almost half price today only
    Last edited by -SDR-; 04-12-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Neogenix // neogenix.net

Follow us on ********, Instagram and Twitter for exclusive sales, promotions, and other great offers:

********: http://www.********.com/pages/neogenix/107606589275077
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/neogenix_direct
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/neogenix

Want Samples of Velocity ULTRA? Send any of our reps a PM with your address!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neogenix/velocity-ultra.html

saur12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [Than you all!

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BBLou View Post
    I have controlled (with meds) HBP and have had it since my 20s. I take some caffeine pre-WO and have consulted with my doctor on it and he said it was not a problem. I have also used some of the pre-WO supps at times.
    LOU has it down pat: a simple 1/2 caff can do the trick, without all of the phoney "MYOSMOTIC ENGORGING INFUSING INGREDIENTS" of the pre workout drinks.....

if my pumps were any more insane, I would remain insane! ( hmmm, maybe too late on that already, lol ).......

MIND POWER BABY! what it is all about......

you gotta LOVE it and you gotta WANT it..the rest follows.....

if after loving it and wanting, you still need "help", then you are overtraining...

raylors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raylors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raylors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raylors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raylors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ce...5-extreme.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ce...n0extreme.html

I stack both these products every training day 35 to 45 mins before training. I have since last Dec and they are the best pre workout product I have found to give me insane pumps and energy without HBP and the jitters. There is no caffeine in the M5 and less then a cup of coffee in the NZero.
    Its says right in the ingredients "caffeine" on BOTH OF THEM!

medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) medsubway is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by timross13 View Post
    My blood pressure 4 years ago was 225/160. That is NOT a typo, it really was that high. I have been on atenolol ever since. Doctor put me on a reduced sodium diet, and said I need to exercise. I did the cardio thing for 3 years, and my blood pressure went down some, but was still high. I didn't lower it until I started lifting weights 15 months ago. I had it checked last month, and it was 124/82. I do not take any supplements, pills, shakes, or drinks. Once I went to a GNC store, then I started looking around on-line, and it was a jungle out there. There really is an over saturation of products available. I didn't want to take any chances with me being on medication, so I decided that I would just do it naturally. The atenolol keeps my heart rate down, so I have a hard time raising it during cardio, but I would rather it take longer to burn fat then to keel over from a heart attack.

Good luck to you. It can be done.
    Wow... that is a really high BP.

Are you still alive?

i hope so!

Im a doctor. If you are still alive, I would go get a second opinion and have a full evaluation including an electrocardiogram and a Doppler ultrasounds of your renal vessels.

Any question, be my guest, please.

Victor
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 08-28-2016 at 09:54 AM. Reason: scrip drugs

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by medsubway View Post
    ........snip.....
    I don't care what you claim to be; advise someone about taking 'scrip drugs on this site again, and your remaining time here will be short.

Consider this your only warning, "doc."
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 08-29-2016 at 05:07 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733