RichterBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gynecomastia - what kind of Doctor to see?

I've gotten to the point where I'm really lean, and my slight gyno is becoming more annoying and obvious. I'm 22, and i'm starting to think it's not gonna go away on it's own anymore. I don't have the nipple pain anymore, but the puffiness and tissue is still there. I know there's medication to treat it, and I'd like to go that route rather than surgery. I don't really want to see my general physician about it as he's a long time family friend and it'd be kinda weird, so is there a certain kind of doctor, or a field of medicine that specializes in men's health or hormonal things?

PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    most medications dont work to be quite honest. if it is from puberty, then surgery is the only thing that for sure will get rid of it imo. go to a plastic surgeon and ask about medications or possible surgery.
    Romans 8:18; Nothing worth having comes easy.

hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatchet26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn you are in the same boat as me. I had it since puberty and I kept telling myself it would go away on its own.....but of course it didn't and im 21 now. The only medications that some people have had success with you would not beable to get prescribed to you unless you have breast cancer, which you probably don't. And if you go the illegal route there still is a very minimal chance that it will help, and I say that from experience also.

You don't want to here this as much as I didn't but surgery really is your best bet. Im trying to save up the money for it.
    Slow and Steady Wins the Race

PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hatchet26 View Post
    Damn you are in the same boat as me. I had it since puberty and I kept telling myself it would go away on its own.....but of course it didn't and im 21 now. The only medications that some people have had success with you would not beable to get prescribed to you unless you have breast cancer, which you probably don't. And if you go the illegal route there still is a very minimal chance that it will help, and I say that from experience also.

You don't want to here this as much as I didn't but surgery really is your best bet. Im trying to save up the money for it.
    i know a friend of mine that had it done, and the price wasn't as bad as i was expecting. a couple thousand.
    Romans 8:18; Nothing worth having comes easy.

paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paint2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i actually just got perscribed nolva from my endo for my gyno. I have no idea if it will works but i'd try something like that first before surgery.

Team InnerArmour RatherBeLifting's Avatar
    RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RichterBrah View Post
    I've gotten to the point where I'm really lean, and my slight gyno is becoming more annoying and obvious. I'm 22, and i'm starting to think it's not gonna go away on it's own anymore. I don't have the nipple pain anymore, but the puffiness and tissue is still there. I know there's medication to treat it, and I'd like to go that route rather than surgery. I don't really want to see my general physician about it as he's a long time family friend and it'd be kinda weird, so is there a certain kind of doctor, or a field of medicine that specializes in men's health or hormonal things?
    plastic surgeon.

Professor Lunchables Veganpussoir's Avatar
    Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't go to a plastic surgeon unless you're having implants!!!

Find a good General Surgeon that has a reputation for making the incisions look as natural as possible afterwards.

I know lots in the medical community where i live and I've been told some doctors have te ability to butcher peoples bodys during surgery.

I had a golf ball sized lump I had for a year in my chest under te nipple removed by a great general surgeon. Insurance covered it and I think I paid out of pocket less than $200 for everything(co-pay to dr. Then co pay to surgeon. Then copay to OR) mainly just 30 dollar co pays to everyone and a $50 co pay to operating room. Then a little bit more for Drs OR fees.

Not bad compared to paying a couple grand without insurance
    "Let a healthy lifestyle define you"

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RichterBrah View Post
    An Endocrinologist is a doctor who specializes in hormones of the body. However, not all Endocrinologists enjoy evaluating gynecomastia. Medical treatment can help stabilize male breast growth and counteract active swelling of gland from stimulation. Medical treatment does not reduce non-stimulated remaining breast growth.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Veganpussoir View Post
    Don't go to a plastic surgeon unless you're having implants!!!

Find a good General Surgeon that has a reputation for making the incisions look as natural as possible afterwards.

I know lots in the medical community where i live and I've been told some doctors have te ability to butcher peoples bodys during surgery.

I had a golf ball sized lump I had for a year in my chest under te nipple removed by a great general surgeon. Insurance covered it and I think I paid out of pocket less than $200 for everything(co-pay to dr. Then co pay to surgeon. Then copay to OR) mainly just 30 dollar co pays to everyone and a $50 co pay to operating room. Then a little bit more for Drs OR fees.

Not bad compared to paying a couple grand without insurance
    Hey man, I'm going through the same thing and I was wondering if you could answer two of my questions. Some info first - I have mostly glandular tissue and I'm getting it removed from the the head of surgical oncology (I had to go through the precautionary cancer screen first - a mammogram, blood test, etc.). The doctor told me the scar would be virtually invisible and the operation would be outpatient, under local anesthesia. Insurance will be covering the procedure. Now for the questions - How long were you out from the gym & did the surgery cause any contour problems with your chest; for example, cratering, inverted nipples, etc?

Thanks.
    Last edited by DBee; 04-22-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Professor Lunchables Veganpussoir's Avatar
    Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Veganpussoir has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DBee View Post
    Hey man, I'm going through the same thing and I was wondering if you could answer two of my questions. Some info first - I have mostly glandular tissue and I'm getting it removed from the the head of surgical oncology (I had to go through the precautionary cancer screen first - a mammogram, blood test, etc.). The doctor told me the scar would be virtually invisible and the operation would be outpatient, under local anesthesia. Insurance will be covering the procedure. Now for the questions - How long were you out from the gym & did the surgery cause any contour problems with your chest; for example, cratering, inverted nipples, etc?

Thanks.
    PM returned man!
    "Let a healthy lifestyle define you"