Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User RichterBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Age: 27
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    RichterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    RichterBrah is offline

    Gynecomastia - what kind of Doctor to see?

    I've gotten to the point where I'm really lean, and my slight gyno is becoming more annoying and obvious. I'm 22, and i'm starting to think it's not gonna go away on it's own anymore. I don't have the nipple pain anymore, but the puffiness and tissue is still there. I know there's medication to treat it, and I'd like to go that route rather than surgery. I don't really want to see my general physician about it as he's a long time family friend and it'd be kinda weird, so is there a certain kind of doctor, or a field of medicine that specializes in men's health or hormonal things?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    I.XI.MMXII PrepFootball's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Stats: 6'2", 203 lbs
    Posts: 2,543
    Rep Power: 3216
    PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit PrepFootball's BodySpace
    PrepFootball is offline
    most medications dont work to be quite honest. if it is from puberty, then surgery is the only thing that for sure will get rid of it imo. go to a plastic surgeon and ask about medications or possible surgery.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User hatchet26's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: Hicksville, New York, United States
    Age: 25
    Stats: 5'7", 151 lbs
    Posts: 152
    BodyPoints: 106
    Rep Power: 12
    hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hatchet26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit hatchet26's BodySpace
    hatchet26 is offline
    Damn you are in the same boat as me. I had it since puberty and I kept telling myself it would go away on its own.....but of course it didn't and im 21 now. The only medications that some people have had success with you would not beable to get prescribed to you unless you have breast cancer, which you probably don't. And if you go the illegal route there still is a very minimal chance that it will help, and I say that from experience also.

    You don't want to here this as much as I didn't but surgery really is your best bet. Im trying to save up the money for it.
    Slow and Steady Wins the Race
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    I.XI.MMXII PrepFootball's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Stats: 6'2", 203 lbs
    Posts: 2,543
    Rep Power: 3216
    PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PrepFootball has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit PrepFootball's BodySpace
    PrepFootball is offline
    Originally Posted by hatchet26 View Post
    Damn you are in the same boat as me. I had it since puberty and I kept telling myself it would go away on its own.....but of course it didn't and im 21 now. The only medications that some people have had success with you would not beable to get prescribed to you unless you have breast cancer, which you probably don't. And if you go the illegal route there still is a very minimal chance that it will help, and I say that from experience also.

    You don't want to here this as much as I didn't but surgery really is your best bet. Im trying to save up the money for it.
    i know a friend of mine that had it done, and the price wasn't as bad as i was expecting. a couple thousand.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User paint2100's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Stats: 5'11", 226 lbs
    Posts: 562
    BodyPoints: 73
    Rep Power: 32
    paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paint2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit paint2100's BodySpace
    paint2100 is offline
    i actually just got perscribed nolva from my endo for my gyno. I have no idea if it will works but i'd try something like that first before surgery.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Team InnerArmour RatherBeLifting's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: West Virginia, United States
    Stats: 5'10", 185 lbs
    Posts: 9,948
    BodyPoints: 14016
    Rep Power: 34905
    RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) RatherBeLifting has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit RatherBeLifting's BodySpace
    RatherBeLifting is offline
    Originally Posted by RichterBrah View Post
    I've gotten to the point where I'm really lean, and my slight gyno is becoming more annoying and obvious. I'm 22, and i'm starting to think it's not gonna go away on it's own anymore. I don't have the nipple pain anymore, but the puffiness and tissue is still there. I know there's medication to treat it, and I'd like to go that route rather than surgery. I don't really want to see my general physician about it as he's a long time family friend and it'd be kinda weird, so is there a certain kind of doctor, or a field of medicine that specializes in men's health or hormonal things?
    plastic surgeon.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Professor Lunchables Veganpussoir's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Age: 32
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    Posts: 432
    Rep Power: 154
    Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Veganpussoir's BodySpace
    Veganpussoir is offline
    Don't go to a plastic surgeon unless you're having implants!!!

    Find a good General Surgeon that has a reputation for making the incisions look as natural as possible afterwards.

    I know lots in the medical community where i live and I've been told some doctors have te ability to butcher peoples bodys during surgery.

    I had a golf ball sized lump I had for a year in my chest under te nipple removed by a great general surgeon. Insurance covered it and I think I paid out of pocket less than $200 for everything(co-pay to dr. Then co pay to surgeon. Then copay to OR) mainly just 30 dollar co pays to everyone and a $50 co pay to operating room. Then a little bit more for Drs OR fees.

    Not bad compared to paying a couple grand without insurance
    "Let a healthy lifestyle define you"
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Body Sculptor DrBermant's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2003
    Age: 64
    Posts: 843
    BodyPoints: 1242
    Rep Power: 202
    DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DrBermant's BodySpace
    DrBermant is offline
    Originally Posted by RichterBrah View Post
    I've gotten to the point where I'm really lean, and my slight gyno is becoming more annoying and obvious. I'm 22, and i'm starting to think it's not gonna go away on it's own anymore. I don't have the nipple pain anymore, but the puffiness and tissue is still there. I know there's medication to treat it, and I'd like to go that route rather than surgery. I don't really want to see my general physician about it as he's a long time family friend and it'd be kinda weird, so is there a certain kind of doctor, or a field of medicine that specializes in men's health or hormonal things?
    An Endocrinologist is a doctor who specializes in hormones of the body. However, not all Endocrinologists enjoy evaluating gynecomastia. Medical treatment can help stabilize male breast growth and counteract active swelling of gland from stimulation. Medical treatment does not reduce non-stimulated remaining breast growth.

    Hope this helps,

    Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    i'm on NZT DBee's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Stats: 5'10", 175 lbs
    Posts: 11,908
    BodyPoints: 23657
    Rep Power: 78245
    DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DBee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit DBee's BodySpace
    DBee is offline

    Lightbulb

    Originally Posted by Veganpussoir View Post
    Don't go to a plastic surgeon unless you're having implants!!!

    Find a good General Surgeon that has a reputation for making the incisions look as natural as possible afterwards.

    I know lots in the medical community where i live and I've been told some doctors have te ability to butcher peoples bodys during surgery.

    I had a golf ball sized lump I had for a year in my chest under te nipple removed by a great general surgeon. Insurance covered it and I think I paid out of pocket less than $200 for everything(co-pay to dr. Then co pay to surgeon. Then copay to OR) mainly just 30 dollar co pays to everyone and a $50 co pay to operating room. Then a little bit more for Drs OR fees.

    Not bad compared to paying a couple grand without insurance
    Hey man, I'm going through the same thing and I was wondering if you could answer two of my questions. Some info first - I have mostly glandular tissue and I'm getting it removed from the the head of surgical oncology (I had to go through the precautionary cancer screen first - a mammogram, blood test, etc.). The doctor told me the scar would be virtually invisible and the operation would be outpatient, under local anesthesia. Insurance will be covering the procedure. Now for the questions - How long were you out from the gym & did the surgery cause any contour problems with your chest; for example, cratering, inverted nipples, etc?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by DBee; 04-22-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    TSN Sponsored Athlete

    Clinical Nurse Intern.

    underground asylum, bmbc
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Professor Lunchables Veganpussoir's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Age: 32
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    Posts: 432
    Rep Power: 154
    Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Veganpussoir has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Veganpussoir's BodySpace
    Veganpussoir is offline
    Originally Posted by DBee View Post
    Hey man, I'm going through the same thing and I was wondering if you could answer two of my questions. Some info first - I have mostly glandular tissue and I'm getting it removed from the the head of surgical oncology (I had to go through the precautionary cancer screen first - a mammogram, blood test, etc.). The doctor told me the scar would be virtually invisible and the operation would be outpatient, under local anesthesia. Insurance will be covering the procedure. Now for the questions - How long were you out from the gym & did the surgery cause any contour problems with your chest; for example, cratering, inverted nipples, etc?

    Thanks.
    PM returned man!
    "Let a healthy lifestyle define you"
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. What Kind of Doctor Should I See
    By ectoBgone in forum Over Age 35
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
  2. what kind of doctor do you see for gyno
    By Animal4 in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 01:44 PM
  3. what kind of doctor to see for gyno(reps)
    By scythiss1 in forum Misc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
  4. what kind of doctor to see for gyno?
    By VSTAR1100 in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 02:53 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout