LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)

Muscle Twitching??

I just started training heavier as I'm trying to build mass on my upper body and I've been feeling a lot of muscle twitching.....

What does this twitching mean exactly? I've heard that it means you're muscle is growing?? Can someone please explain this to me?

Thanks!

LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
    I just started training heavier as I'm trying to build mass on my upper body and I've been feeling a lot of muscle twitching.....

What does this twitching mean exactly? I've heard that it means you're muscle is growing?? Can someone please explain this to me?

Thanks!
    Anyone?

djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone?
    i feel this too and always think is good lol but i would really like 2 know what it is exactly

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the most common causes are low magnesium and/or dehydration. start taking a multi (eat bananas) and drink more water.

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks!
    may not be relative but about 4 years ago, my wife told me my body would jerk when i was asleep. at the time i was doing alot of volume. i reduced the workout, it went away... 2 years later so did the wife!

joeybags91992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    have you abused drugs in the past or present?

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    the most common causes are low magnesium and/or dehydration. start taking a multi (eat bananas) and drink more water.
    Tina,

I have read on other posts that it could be that also, but I really don't agree on that one because I take a multi everyday, I have all of my protein shakes with bananas (2/day) and I drink 2 litres of water a day, so???

Originally Posted by james0566 View Post
    may not be relative but about 4 years ago, my wife told me my body would jerk when i was asleep. at the time i was doing alot of volume. i reduced the workout, it went away... 2 years later so did the wife!
    LOLLLLLL
    James, that is just toooo funny!

I experienced that a lot too! I would wake myself up a lot because the jerking was so strong. Once I started training heavier it went away also, but my husband thankfully didn't! lol

Awesome from birth.. FullyLoadedChief's Avatar
    FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullyLoadedChief is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOLLLLLL
    James, that is just toooo funny!

I experienced that a lot too! I would wake myself up a lot because the jerking was so strong. Once I started training heavier it went away also, but my husband thankfully didn't! lol
    If it feels like your suddenly falling in your sleep when your body twitches that happens to basically everyone, it's just your muscles relaxing or something along those lines :L

Originally Posted by MitchellNEX View Post
    If it feels like your suddenly falling in your sleep when your body twitches that happens to basically everyone, it's just your muscles relaxing or something along those lines :L
    nahh, I know what you're talking about, but it's different. It's while you're already asleep...sudden jerk movements.
    Anyways, I think joeybaggs might be on to something when he asks if I was abusing drugs in the past or present.
    I was on a thermogenic for 3 months when this started to happen, then I went off it, started training heavier and it went away...??

I just want to know what EXACTLY the muscle twitching could mean...I really don't think it has to do with a deficiency in potassium, magnesium or water.
    I'm not worried by it but just very curious.
    Anyone have some research to share??

DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've woken up myself with muscle jerks before, haha.

I started a new routine in January and found a large increase in random twitches and just assumed it was random muscles movement and thought nothing of it. However, about a month ago I began noticing a specific frequent twitch localized just to the left of my belly button and it would not go away for weeks. I Googled it (big mistake) and freaked myself out finding out it could be an abdominal aortic aneurysm. I went to see my doctor, he took a few minutes to gather info and take a look. He simply said it's just the nerves in your muscle that (he dumbed it down for me) were just caught and will work itself out in the next few weeks (sure enough they did, still have some random twitches here and there just not nearly as frequent). The nerves send a random impulse causing the muscles to sporadically and involuntarily contract and that this was due to the workload and new/different stresses (starting a workout routine) put on my nerves and muscles than what they were previously used to. Simply put, he said I had absolutely nothing to worry about, localized twitch or random twitches around the body.

Take whatever I say with a grain of salt as I'm not a doctor and everyone is different with a different situations. I just thought I'd share what I found out about mine.

Originally Posted by DDelaurier View Post
    I've woken up myself with muscle jerks before, haha.

I started a new routine in January and found a large increase in random twitches and just assumed it was random muscles movement and thought nothing of it. However, about a month ago I began noticing a specific frequent twitch localized just to the left of my belly button and it would not go away for weeks. I Googled it (big mistake) and freaked myself out finding out it could be an abdominal aortic aneurysm. I went to see my doctor, he took a few minutes to gather info and take a look. He simply said it's just the nerves in your muscle that (he dumbed it down for me) were just caught and will work itself out in the next few weeks (sure enough they did, still have some random twitches here and there just not nearly as frequent). The nerves send a random impulse causing the muscles to sporadically and involuntarily contract and that this was due to the workload and new/different stresses (starting a workout routine) put on my nerves and muscles than what they were previously used to. Simply put, he said I had absolutely nothing to worry about, localized twitch or random twitches around the body.

Take whatever I say with a grain of salt as I'm not a doctor and everyone is different with a different situations. I just thought I'd share what I found out about mine.

Thanks D....good info. I figured it was something simple like that, but your story still makes me feel better.
    Cheers!

DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DDelaurier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks D....good info. I figured it was something simple like that, but your story still makes me feel better.
    Cheers!
    No worries. Half of it was my fault for trying to Google the symptoms and freaking myself with what I found. Hopefully yours isn't anything to worry about, doesn't sound to me like it is.

daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Muscle twitching is actually a common sign of over-training. In most cases, this will happen if you start heavy lifting on a muscle you have previously not trained for. It sounds as if you have been working out for some time, but before you do this heavy lifting, you should have a few weeks of intermediate training. Try doing scooby's intermediate workout on his site for 2-3 weeks to get used to a harder workout (just search scooby in google, its easy to find). That is most likely the cause; just take it a little easier so you don't hurt your muscles because you could lose strength even

Originally Posted by daddysonn View Post
    Muscle twitching is actually a common sign of over-training. In most cases, this will happen if you start heavy lifting on a muscle you have previously not trained for. It sounds as if you have been working out for some time, but before you do this heavy lifting, you should have a few weeks of intermediate training. Try doing scooby's intermediate workout on his site for 2-3 weeks to get used to a harder workout (just search scooby in google, its easy to find). That is most likely the cause; just take it a little easier so you don't hurt your muscles because you could lose strength even
    Good info, that makes sense. I changed my routine fairly drastically which caused me to utilize a lot of different muscles and I started working out my abs, which my doctor said is most likely the cause of my twitches. Hopefully your body adapts well without injury. I'm going to take a look at this intermediate workout. It seems to be the general consensus to change your workouts from time to time.

mjdibenedetto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i also read that some twitching can be caused from too much caffiene(spell check)

Originally Posted by mjdibenedetto View Post
    i also read that some twitching can be caused from too much caffiene(spell check)
    Yeah, I'm almost CERTAIN that it was all the caffeine in my fat burner, cus when I went off them, the twitching stopped as well.