Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 149 lbs
    thecatalyst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit thecatalyst's BodySpace

Cycling Pre Workout Supplements?

So I've never had a problem with any pre workout supplement, and I've tried quite a few (no xplode, fast twitch, animal pump, etc.) but I was wondering how necessary it is exactly to cycle such supplements.
    I only ever take one scoop of no xplode and only take it on work out days. It's the only caffeine I ever allow myself to have (I don't drink soda, energy drinks, etc.) so I never really build too much of a tolerance to the one scoop. Basically, I was wondering whether the only reason people cycle is to keep their caffeine tolerance down, or if I should be cycling for an actual health reason.
    I would prefer to NOT have to cycle a pre workout supplement, so if someone could let me know whether it's okay to take my one scoop of NO Xplode with out cycling, or recommend a pre-workout supplement that doesn't need to be cycled, that would be great.

Betancourt Juggernaut tatteredsaint's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 210 lbs
    tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) tatteredsaint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit tatteredsaint's BodySpace
    personally I think that it's a good idea to at least cycle off the stimms and possibly try a stimm free preworkout every other month or two that way the effects of the stimms will stay solid and u give your brain n adrenal glands a break , just about everything should be cycled IMO aside from protien ,multi vitamins, n fish oil
    one mind , one body, one chance to make it happen - 8 plate bench , 10+ plate squats n deads fueled by betancourt nutrition supplements

Betancourt Nutrition/NutriForceSports- Forum manager

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/

http://www.nutriforcesports.com/

"The opinions expressed in my posts do not necessarily reflect those of Betancourt nutrition"

Stats: 5'10", 205 lbs
    mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mja33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit mja33's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by thecatalyst View Post
    So I've never had a problem with any pre workout supplement, and I've tried quite a few (no xplode, fast twitch, animal pump, etc.) but I was wondering how necessary it is exactly to cycle such supplements.
    I only ever take one scoop of no xplode and only take it on work out days. It's the only caffeine I ever allow myself to have (I don't drink soda, energy drinks, etc.) so I never really build too much of a tolerance to the one scoop. Basically, I was wondering whether the only reason people cycle is to keep their caffeine tolerance down, or if I should be cycling for an actual health reason.
    I would prefer to NOT have to cycle a pre workout supplement, so if someone could let me know whether it's okay to take my one scoop of NO Xplode with out cycling, or recommend a pre-workout supplement that doesn't need to be cycled, that would be great.
    How long have you been taking them? my tolerance for them has gone up, so i am up to 2 scoops of superpump. I am currently cycling it off, taking Xtend and Sizeon Max performance, same pump (mucsle wise) and i realized that the mental part [stimulants] isnt as important as i though
    Goals: Stay healthy, get more flexible, faster, and more powerful. Oh yeah....get man strength.

BEST:
    Incline Dumbells: 110s for 5
    GOAL: somehow press 125s!!!

(With torn meniscus, healing though, also just got my cast off that was on for 2 and a half months with boxers fracture)

Deadlifting this week for first time in a year.
    Squatting this week for first time in a year as well!!

Stats: 5'10", 149 lbs
    thecatalyst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit thecatalyst's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by mja33 View Post
    How long have you been taking them? my tolerance for them has gone up, so i am up to 2 scoops of superpump. I am currently cycling it off, taking Xtend and Sizeon Max performance, same pump (mucsle wise) and i realized that the mental part [stimulants] isnt as important as i though
    I've been taking a pre workout supplement of one type or another for about 6 months. Like I said, I haven't noticed too much of a tolerance increase.. I'm still taking only one scoop before my workout, and I workout around 4 days a week.