SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Left chest smaller than right

My left pec is smaller than my right how can I even it out?

Genius With A Headache AceOfJacks's Avatar
    AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    use dumbbells

irish-lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    use dumbbells
    exactly wat he said. also macke sure ta watch ur form wen doing it!

SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyWeakGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by irish-lad View Post
    exactly wat he said. also macke sure ta watch ur form wen doing it!
    CAn you be more specific what do you mean use dumbbells

Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    slow purposeful contractions with the weights even on both sides at all times, no letting one arm get the weight up then the other arm
    Daily Trading FX - HA - S&R

jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    use dumbbells
    /thread
    reps for life
    slowbus

rep back 400+

CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoryATL16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyWeakGuy View Post
    CAn you be more specific what do you mean use dumbbells
    it forces you to use the same weight on each pec instead of a BB where sometimes more weight is on another arm..for me its my left
    Goals:
    250lb bench
    405lb squat
    250lb power clean
    DL #75
    [Future Marine Infantry]

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dont listen to anyone else, form is your problem, not dumbells.

Trust me.

jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Trust me.
    post that article about why your chest is uneven ive seen u post it before. reps
    reps for life
    slowbus

rep back 400+

Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Trust me.
    thats what I said....
    Daily Trading FX - HA - S&R

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jason92 View Post
    post that article about why your chest is uneven ive seen u post it before. reps
    Need to find it again lol, hold up.

EDIT: Here it is.

I USE TO HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM WITH MY PECS THEY USE TO BE UN-EVEN. I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS WHICH CAUSED THIS AND I HAVE NOW FIXED MY UN-EVEN PECS AND THEY ARE BOTH SYMETRICAL. I 100% GAURENTEE YOU THIS IS THE REASON YOUR PECS ARE UN-EVEN, FIX THIS AND TI WILL FIX YOUR UN-EVEN PECS. I GAURENTEE YOU.

READ.

You chest is growing uneven NOT because of your routine or because you are using barbell instead of dumbells or because one side is stronger than the other or whatever, the reason your pecs are un-even is because of your FORM. And no it will not even out over time if you keep doing what you are currently doing, if anything it will only get worse.

The reason your chest is uneven is because your form is not identical, when benching you are pushing the bar up on a slight angle, this is due to either your shoulder placing and/or elbow placing.

I 100% gaurentee you this is your problem, get your spotter to watch your form when you bench everything has to be equal, shoulders sitting at the same height, elbow placing at the same as opposite side.

If you are benching and you have one elbow placed higher than the other meaning: (more in-line with your shoulder) and the opposite elbow droped down slightly meaning: (tucked in closer to your side) Then different muscles on opposing sides of your body will be placed under greater stress. (one pectorial muscle being under greater stress than the opposite)

You have to make sure your shoulders and elbow placing are identical at both sides of your body to prevent one pectorial muscle from being placed under more stress than the other, what i suggest is to use the chest press machine and watch your form in the mirror making sure your elbows and shoulders are exctally in the same place, they have to line up equally. Then go back to the free weights when you have identical form and joint placing.

Droping one elbow down more than the opposite elbow will have that side of the chest working more than the opposite side.

Fix your form and it will fix your problem. I 100% gaurentee you this is the reason your chest is un-even.

- Elbow placing
    - Shoulder placing
    Also a PM message which will help understand:

Algood brah,

Yes both sides need to have identical form, your shoulder and elbow placing is everything, if they are not identical form to your other side then different muscle on the opposite side of your body will be placed under different amounts of stress, creating "un-even pecs"

If you elbow is flared out more this places less stress on the pectorial muscle and more stress on the front deltoid, resulting in less muscle fibers being ripped in your chest muscle, but if the elbow on your other side is lowered down slightly more then this will reduce the stress on the front delt and place mroe stress on your pectorial muscle ripping more muscle fibers resulting in each pectorial muscle being placed under different amounts of stress which will result in either greater or less muscle hypertrophy gains (mass/size gains).

I suggest you get a spotter to watch you bench and make sure you are pushing the bar up on a perfect line not on a angle, even a slight angle will activate and de-activate different muscles on the opposite side of the body.

I had this exact same problem except my was much much worse than yours my pecs are now both symetrical because i fixed my form, i actually went to the smith machince for a while as the handles/bar coulder be moved i also watched my form in the morror making sure my shoulders and elbows are both identical placing to each other, once i mastered my perfect form then i went back to the bench.

You probally dont even know it but when you are benching this is what it looks like:

Notice how the shoulder and elbow placing are different which creates the bar to be pushed up on a slight angle, this is what causes un-eveness, its always well in every case i have come across the dominate side which is the lagging pec muscle.
    The bar should be straight so both pec muscles are placed under equal stress resulting in equal muscle hypertrophy respone.

fuuu i maxed out on my rep power for the day
    ill get u tomorrow ^^^
    reps for life
    slowbus

rep back 400+

Sam1234567 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jason92 View Post
    fuuu i maxed out on my rep power for the day
    ill get u tomorrow ^^^
    sorry for bumping the topic.. noticed my left arm left pec and left trap is slightly bigger then my right side and left is stronger. How would I even all 3 up with the left?

Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brofficial has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trust me.
    Yes, it IS your form. However, I think dumbells would help correct it. Fix your form plus adding in dumbells should get that evened out pretty quickly.
    When you see me coming, better step aside. A lot of men didn't, a lot of men died. Got one fist of iron, another of steel, if the right one don't get you then the left one will.

Originally Posted by Brofficial View Post
    Yes, it IS your form. However, I think dumbells would help correct it. Fix your form plus adding in dumbells should get that evened out pretty quickly.
    I have always used dumbells never touched a barbell before

What is the downside of just using 1 dumbell for the weaker/smaller side? What would happen?

sparminder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My left upper chest and my left tricep is much smaller and weak too. I am really worried