MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Giving My Calculations the Side Eye... Please Help...

So, I ran the numbers in the 'Calculating Calorie Needs and Macro-nutrients' thread, which is great by the way. However, I think that my numbers are WAY off...

I'm 5'7 and hovering around 190lbs (yesterday I came in at 189.8)
    My goal is to get down to a svelte 145 with lean muscles and some curves. Specifically defined arms, legs, back, keep as much of my 'girls' as possible, build my tush & a 2 pack by the end of the year... I'll eventually get to the 4 or 6 pack. LoL!

I'll be starting off with a 10 day detox to cleanse my system, boost my metabolism and jump start my weight loss (I'm going back on the Fat Flush Plan). I did the original version a few years back and lost 25lbs within 2 months but I plateaued and always felt tired. I now realize that I wasn't taking in nearly enough calories. Reason being is I was taking in about 1200 cals most days and had to force myself to get to that some days. Thank goodness I now know about good fats which I'll be utilizing to get in some calories.

Once I've completed the initial detox, I'll then transition into eating like I have some sense, (ie adding sweet potatoes, grains, etc), and working out 3-5 days per week and then detox monthly through July and then quarterly.

I used the Katch-McArdle method. The thing that concerns me is the fat intake looks REALLY high during the detox and my carb count looks low. I think I made an error somewhere along the way. Please take a look at my numbers and let me know your thoughts.

LBM= 60.32778521
    BMR=1673.080160536

During Detox = 2007.6961926432
    When Working Out (Moderately Active) = 2509.620240804

To Lose: 2510(.8)=2008

Daily Caloric Intake: 2008
    Protein= 190g
    Fat= 30g (Normally); 143 (During Detox)???
    Carbs= 245g (Normally); 10g (During Detox)???

Does this look right?

MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I forgot to include my supplements & the meals during the detox.

Morning:
    On Empty Stomach::::
    Multifiber
    Chlorella
    Biosil
    L-Methionine
    Ashwagandha
    NAC
    Milk Thistle

Breakfast:::
    Hcl
    Kelp
    TMG
    Zinc
    Magnesium

Before Bed:::::
    Silica
    Multi
    Super B Complex
    Super Primrose
    Black Current Oil
    MSM
    Biotin

2 Protein Shakes (2 scoops of mix, flaxseeds, chia seeds, berries/peanut butter, coconut oil, spirulina)
    2-3 servings of fruit/veggies as snacks
    Meal: chicken, double portion of veggies, apple

Before bed snack
    1/2 C Cottage cheese w.1-2T of peanut butter <----- I've been wondering if I should hold off on this until I start working out

Btw, my timeline is from now until the mid to late fall.

Interesting....

Wow... almost 50 views & no response. There must be a lot of lurkers on the board. It would be nice if someone would chime in.

tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We have similar stats and I started a very similar thread called Cutting at 2200 cals?!

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of answers for you...but if it makes you feel any better, mine got 38 views and no responses...these girls are great though, they will eventually help you out! Don't be worried

How did you calculate 10g carbs? I really don't think that's right...

This is what I came up with for your 2000ish calorie day following a 40 30 30 ratio of protein, carbs, fat. The ratios should be 40/30/30 or thereabouts...so take your calories and get the percentage of them...That being said some people are different, some are 50, 20, 20 or what have you...

Fat: 1 gram = 9 calories
    Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
    Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories

800 calories from protein = 200g
    600 calories from carbs = 150g
    600 calories from fat = 67g

2000 calories in total

This looks about right because especially if you are training you should be consuming equivalent to 1g protein per pound of bodyweight...well, its a popular rule of thumb here anyways.

Good luck with your goals!

do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you should just transition into "eating like you have some sense".

To my small mind "cleanses" are just abusive to your kidneys and body systems in general.

There are many qualified folks on here to help with dietary advice. Suffice to say that a set of measuring implements and a scale should be among your purchases.

Good food with all calories counted, in sensible portions, coupled with an exercise program will get you on the right page.

I think perhaps 2000 is too many calories- 1800 would be a better bet- but again you need Freebird- or Kimm.............

Good luck in your quest- take pix now and measure yourself, the tape is your best friend.
    Everything Changes

Originally Posted by tiff_7_17 View Post
    We have similar stats and I started a very similar thread called Cutting at 2200 cals?!

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of answers for you...but if it makes you feel any better, mine got 38 views and no responses...these girls are great though, they will eventually help you out! Don't be worried

How did you calculate 10g carbs? I really don't think that's right...

This is what I came up with for your 2000ish calorie day following a 40 30 30 ratio of protein, carbs, fat. The ratios should be 40/30/30 or thereabouts...so take your calories and get the percentage of them...That being said some people are different, some are 50, 20, 20 or what have you...

Fat: 1 gram = 9 calories
    Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
    Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories

800 calories from protein = 200g
    600 calories from carbs = 150g
    600 calories from fat = 67g

2000 calories in total

This looks about right because especially if you are training you should be consuming equivalent to 1g protein per pound of bodyweight...well, its a popular rule of thumb here anyways.

Good luck with your goals!
    Thanks Tiff!

You're right, I shouldn't have made adjustments for the carbs during the detox. For some reason, I must have taken 10-15% of the 245 for some reason. I was tired and should have had my behind in the bed rather than running numbers.

Thanks Do1more. I do need to pick up a scale, I'd forgotten all about it. I have the measuring implements since I love to cook. 2000 seemed a bit high to me too. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get in the calories, in a healthy way on the plan. I'm using software to monitor my caloric & vitamin intake so that helps. I don't want to end up hurting/shocking my system by putting too much of a strain on it.

I LOVE my carbs. I ended up making spaghetti w.whole wheat pasta, ground turkey & plenty of sauce which is really good. The funny thing is that I've been eating better for the past week or so & when I got on the scale this morning, my number went down. This is without working out. I can only imagine the results & feeling I will get when I begin hitting the track, P90x & weight training.

Originally Posted by do1more View Post
    I think you should just transition into "eating like you have some sense".

To my small mind "cleanses" are just abusive to your kidneys and body systems in general.

There are many qualified folks on here to help with dietary advice. Suffice to say that a set of measuring implements and a scale should be among your purchases.

Good food with all calories counted, in sensible portions, coupled with an exercise program will get you on the right page.

I think perhaps 2000 is too many calories- 1800 would be a better bet- but again you need Freebird- or Kimm.............

Good luck in your quest- take pix now and measure yourself, the tape is your best friend.

tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey lady...don't know if you checked out my thread or not but I was advised to consume approx 1800-1900 cals as opposed to my calculation of 2200...I think it makes more sense for me, also.

Don't know if you want to follow suit or what, maybe you'd be good with like 1900. Just thought i'd pass that along...you should check my thread out for my responses.

Good luck!

IA, that number falls more in line with what we were thinking so I'll bring it down to 1800 as well. Worst case, I can can always adjust it as needed. Thanks Tiff!

mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

hi

Originally Posted by MsBodyTalk View Post
    IA, that number falls more in line with what we were thinking so I'll bring it down to 1800 as well. Worst case, I can can always adjust it as needed. Thanks Tiff!
    We have similar stats and I was eating 1800-1900 calories for 2 weeks ..decided to lower it after i gained 2 pounds ..so I now eat 1550-1700 . I eat more on the days that I lift .

My advice for you wil be to take everything by day ..and don't be discouraged with the number on the scale. measure yourself once a week ..

be true to yourself and with that said ..if you cheated ..then YOU cheated ..so make sure
    you accounted for everything you eat and drink ..

have fun ..be safe ..and good luck =)

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You probably had so many views and so few responses, because you are making this very difficult.

I wouldn't even bother with cleanses.

Start today and eat sensibly in a calorie range you think is appropriate for weightloss. Stick with that plan for about 6 weeks and then re-evaluate your body via measurements.

If you lost weight, keep it up.

The longer you delay incorporating a healthy balanced diet and exercise, the longer it takes for your body to adjust and for your to see results. Don't be surprised if you lose little to nothing the first time around - water weight often hides progress in the beginning.

Drink as much water as possible and try to avoid eating processed (boxed, packaged items) food.

I think you are making this way too complicated. GL with your goals.
    Hard work = Hard body.

Originally Posted by mariplay2004 View Post
    We have similar stats and I was eating 1800-1900 calories for 2 weeks ..decided to lower it after i gained 2 pounds ..so I now eat 1550-1700 . I eat more on the days that I lift .

My advice for you wil be to take everything by day ..and don't be discouraged with the number on the scale. measure yourself once a week ..

be true to yourself and with that said ..if you cheated ..then YOU cheated ..so make sure
    you accounted for everything you eat and drink ..

have fun ..be safe ..and good luck =)
    This is good advice & encouraging. Thanks Mariplay!