koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) koh19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Need New Forearm Exercises!

I'm looking for unconventional forearm exercises. When I say unconventional, I mean without barbells and dumbbells.

I'm currently using a wrist roller but it gets boring quite quickly.

Any cool forearm strength and muscle building exercises out there?

Thanks
    I don't want to accept this as my prime.

I don't want anything in my life, as it currently is, to be the pinnacle of what it will be.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
    I'm looking for unconventional forearm exercises. When I say unconventional, I mean without barbells and dumbbells.

I'm currently using a wrist roller but it gets boring quite quickly.

Any cool forearm strength and muscle building exercises out there?

Thanks
    Grippers work the forearm to an extent. You can also perform movements such as towel pullups etc.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here is an excellent post found here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120622811) by Armbender and quoted for you. Go to the actual thread for more info in later posts.

Originally Posted by Armbender View Post
    Here are a couple of my routines for Hand/Wrist/ and Forearms

[B]Grip & Forearm Training is one of my favorite Workouts...You have to be careful and really listen to your body as the muscles and tendons involved are extrememly small and can be overtrained very easily. These two workouts have been extremely successful for me over the past couple years;
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #1
    Side Levers (3" thick PVC Pipe with weight fitted at 1 side) or a sledgehammer

3 Sets 12 Reps

Front Levers

3 Sets 12 Reps

Plate Wrist Curls (Try using 2 plates flush side out for the width)

3 Sets 10-12 Reps

Reverse Curls (Thumbs out)
    Side Hammers (Thumbs out)
    Front Hammers
    Standing barbell wrist curls in front
    Reverse Wrist Curls

^^^3 Sets 6-8 Reps^^^
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #2
    (1 1/4" thick Rope, 10' long, hooked to a pulley at lowest level with you seated on the floor, 10' back from the pully) Work the rope in slowly and back slowly raising and lowering the stack of weights...never letting the weights touch...

Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms down
    Rope Pulls elbows touching, palms facing each other
    Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms up

5 Sets x 5 Reps

This would be considered elbows out, palms up

Plate Pinch (Use Min 3 plates for the width)

Plate Toss
    DB Toss (Silver DB's standing on end)

^^^Super Set these two running 4 sets 15 reps each hand^^^

Rope Pull-Ups or Towel Pull-ups

3 Sets 10 Reps

Every so often I will throw in Captain of Crush Grippers, maybe once every 10 days..

Slow and controled Reps...you are not trying to get 100 reps from any grippers...this will result in an injury...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

You can effectively hit the forearms by training hands and wrist also. I find that is the only way to strengthen and grow the entire forearm...Ensure to only train hand and wrist once every 4 days to begin with until you can handle it or you will find yourself overtraining...I directly and indirectly train my forearms everyday...Using ropes is an ideal way of tackling all of these areas with great results especially your grip strength

MY NEW FAVORITE FOREARM EXERCISE

Standing Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls

Grab a rolling thunder,

Hook it to a cable machine with the stack at the top...pull the rolling thunder down into your chest and hold your elbow steady with your opposite hand...now proceed with your wrist curls

Some grip training you can do at home

1. Fill a bucket full of sand...put 1 hand in and turn the sand in a clockwise fasion, then reverse....

2. Take two towels in the bathtub and soak them...then wring them both out at the same time working from top to bottom.

3. Steak Knife Push-ups...place two chairs in front of you which of rounded legs (not squared) get into the push up position with the two chairs side by side in front of you....(so you can grab the two outter legs with your hands)...place your hands on the outer legs roughly 6" up from the ground....begin your push-ups...(THESE ARE EXTREMEMLY HARD)

4. Flat board chin-ups, If you have stairs in your house, hang off the floor the is above the stairwell opeing with your fingers straight out for pullups

5. Hang a rope from a tree in your back yard, if no trees, use your patio...try climbing rope for sets...

6. By a small peice of a plank used on staging at the hardware store...start using a screwdriver and some screws and turn the screws in to the board and out for sets....

7. Sledgehammer lever lifts...using a sledge, place your arm on your leg and rotate the head of the hammer from one side to the other SLOWLY for each hand...the farther out the head, the more tension on your hand and wrist..I stress the word SLOWLY
    These should work fine without any equipment
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000) wallyworld34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    plate pinch, farmers walks.... and the good ol behind the back wrist curl.