ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000)

Shallow and Immature, but made me feel good... :D

Okay, this is a self-involved post, so forgive me, but after an injury-filled 2009, I'm starting to get back in the groove. Yesterday was shoulders and biceps day. Had a great shoulder workout, and started in on biceps. Got warmed up, then did some preacher curls, and then started in on olympic bar curls. Started with 25 lbs a side, 2 sets of 10, then added another 10 to each side, and put in 2 more sets, one of 8 and one of 6. I cleared the bar and moved on. About 10 minutes later, I look over and see two other guys with the same bar, and the same weight on the bar that I had for my last set...so I get curious...I don't believe these guys are doing curls. I certainly wasn't doing a lot of weight, but just by looks alone, I don't think they're going to do curls. So...I wait and watch, and lo and behold the first guy picks up the bar and starts doing deadlifts!!! Immediately brought a smile to my face, and then I thought, hey - we all started there, but it still made me smile.
    http://www.buffleheadprod.com
    Life begins underwater

- 25 July 1972 Cata-pole barred from competition because it contains carbon fibers.

"Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations...may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." Roger Cotes - preface to Newton's Principia Mathematica 2nd ed 1713

Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Staynlean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ScubaDave View Post
    Okay, this is a self-involved post, so forgive me, but after an injury-filled 2009, I'm starting to get back in the groove. Yesterday was shoulders and biceps day. Had a great shoulder workout, and started in on biceps. Got warmed up, then did some preacher curls, and then started in on olympic bar curls. Started with 25 lbs a side, 2 sets of 10, then added another 10 to each side, and put in 2 more sets, one of 8 and one of 6. I cleared the bar and moved on. About 10 minutes later, I look over and see two other guys with the same bar, and the same weight on the bar that I had for my last set...so I get curious...I don't believe these guys are doing curls. I certainly wasn't doing a lot of weight, but just by looks alone, I don't think they're going to do curls. So...I wait and watch, and lo and behold the first guy picks up the bar and starts doing deadlifts!!! Immediately brought a smile to my face, and then I thought, hey - we all started there, but it still made me smile.
    That's awesome!

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They were deadlifting in the squat rack? How dare they!!

Awesome!
    I'm a sad little man

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After the year that was and getting back in the groove - it must make ya feel like a million bucks - just that

But then what you described...well, man - thats just the icing on the cake.

Hope this year is YOUR year!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Way to go! That must've been awesome, and yes, feel good about it! It is those things that just add to the motivation to PUMP UP!

Keep pumping and growing!

III---III
    My favorite part of Bodybuilding is the sleeping because then I don't have to worry about eating all day!! :)

DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebDoesData2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, it would only be considered shallow and immature if you SAID something to those guys to make them feel inadequate. Nothing wrong with feeling some positive feedback on your progress. Nothing shallow and immature about it.
    Debbie Does Deadlifts

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I get bored in the gym sometimes as well.
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DebDoesData2 View Post
    Hey, it would only be considered shallow and immature if you SAID something to those guys to make them feel inadequate. Nothing wrong with feeling some positive feedback on your progress. Nothing shallow and immature about it.
    ^This.

Small personal victories like your story OP are the stuff that makes the day worth living. I love it when little stuff like that happens, just makes you feel good about life.
    "Look at yourself in the mirror each morning before you go to the gym; that's the guy you want to beat every time."
    Bench: 5x235
    Squat: 5x275
    Deadlift: 5x315
    ***Gettingitdun17 "You don't bench 245" crew***

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

The real question is, if those guys were saying "Fck man here we are doing deadlifts with this weight and the guy that just left was doing curls with it"
    On the list for Bannukah

DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm also quick to criticize beginners (in my mind, anyway - I don't say anything).

But always correct myself by remembering that (1) as you said, we were all beginners once, and (2) hey - they are at the gym, rather than goofing off on Mom's couch playing video games.
    Regards,

Duncan

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6716581

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We spend a lot of time looking up at our goals, which is constructive. Sometimes though, it is good to look back to where we were and see the progress that has been made. It gives you confidence and a feeling of accomplishment that can help propel us toward our goal.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.