HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which sort of Protein when?

Ok, I now am in possession of significant quantities of both Whey and Casein based protein powder.

I understand that whey is very fast for the body to absorb, and Casein is a more slowly absorbed protein.

Currently on my CKD diet, my 10:30, 3:30, and before-bed snack consist of a whey protein shake, and I usually have some veggies with the earlier ones.

On lifting days, I drink about 4oz of grape juice w/ Creatine immediately after the workout, followed by a Whey Protein shake.

I generally do not consume powdered protein with my 3 normal meals, as they are very egg & meat heavy.

Now given the properties of these protein types, when should they be consumed to maximize their usage by the body while minimizing the opportunity for catabolisis?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't worry about catabolism, it's not a significant danger.

Whey after lifting. You can just make up a whey shake and put the creatine into it, along with a little dextrose, forget the fruit juice.

Real food the rest of the time. If you can't manage real food for a meal, then casein is fine.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like for my between meal snacks to do a whey/cas shake with some kind of fat (oil, cheese, so on). Whey will have a quicker spike in amino acids and cas has a slower. I've read some research saying the combo of the 2 is basicly a double wammy for spiking amino acids then keeping them elevated longer. This is why some researchers says to have milk (full fat) since it has a combo of whey/cas. I can't find the article right away but if I come across it again I'll post, seems like you might be intrested in it.

Speed of protein digestion and applications - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...stion-pt1.html
    Last edited by Dash007; 04-06-2010 at 07:12 PM.

HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dash007 View Post
    I like for my between meal snacks to do a whey/cas shake with some kind of fat (oil, cheese, so on). Whey will have a quicker spike in amino acids and cas has a slower. I've read some research saying the combo of the 2 is basicly a double wammy for spiking amino acids then keeping them elevated longer. This is why some researchers says to have milk (full fat) since it has a combo of whey/cas. I can't find the article right away but if I come across it again I'll post, seems like you might be intrested in it.

Speed of protein digestion and applications - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...stion-pt1.html
    Thanks man! By the way, the ON Chocalate-Penutbutter Casein is very tasty!