devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Twin Peak's carb cycling and cardio

I know he recommends only doing 1-2 hiit sessions per week but he was (doesn't seem to be anymore- but not sure where he stands on cardio w/carb cycling) very anti-cardio. Considering I'm a girl going for the more figure side of bodybuilding, would it still be beneficial for me to do cardio each morning (and sometimes each in the evening as well) or should I just do it on my no carb days?

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think cardio is good for general health. Unless you are preparing for a photo shoot or contest, really no reason to do cardio 2x per day. Thats overkill - IMO.

Doing on no-carb days is optimal and a good way to begin. You can see how your body responds and how you are looking and always increase/decrease it from there.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For what you are trying to achieve I don't think 2 x per week is sufficient enough for maxmimum results...

although I'd agree with Baitman that 2 x per day is overkill and overtraining...

3-4 days per week consistently for HIIT is best in my opinion.

Adam
    Get a FREE video course on boosting metabolism and fat loss at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk

devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AdamRingshall View Post
    For what you are trying to achieve I don't think 2 x per week is sufficient enough for maxmimum results...

although I'd agree with Baitman that 2 x per day is overkill and overtraining...

3-4 days per week consistently for HIIT is best in my opinion.

Adam
    Get a FREE video course on boosting metabolism and fat loss at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk
    I won't be doing hiit 3-4 times per week lol..it's not really hiit if you can do it that often imo

Registered User FishinAddiction's Avatar
    FishinAddiction has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FishinAddiction has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FishinAddiction has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FishinAddiction has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FishinAddiction has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FishinAddiction has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by devotchkas View Post
    I won't be doing hiit 3-4 times per week lol..it's not really hiit if you can do it that often imo
    Hey Devo -

I have used this program with GREAT success and ZERO cardio! I actually got more ripped than ever and did NO CARDIO. It was a complete mindf**k!

It def works. I am using this approach again starting tomorrow. In fact, I just got back from the grocery store to stock up for it. I will be doing more cardio this go-round because I am preparing for an MMA fight, so I'm curious to see what effect the cardio has. My cardio will mainly come from jumping rope, running on the road, sparring, working the bags and mitts.

At any rate....don't do cardio. Lift like you normally would and ENJOY your results! You will NOT be disappointed.

Take Care and Let me know if I can help....

Originally Posted by FishinAddiction View Post
    Hey Devo -

I have used this program with GREAT success and ZERO cardio! I actually got more ripped than ever and did NO CARDIO. It was a complete mindf**k!

It def works. I am using this approach again starting tomorrow. In fact, I just got back from the grocery store to stock up for it. I will be doing more cardio this go-round because I am preparing for an MMA fight, so I'm curious to see what effect the cardio has. My cardio will mainly come from jumping rope, running on the road, sparring, working the bags and mitts.

At any rate....don't do cardio. Lift like you normally would and ENJOY your results! You will NOT be disappointed.

Take Care and Let me know if I can help....
    Awesome thanks a bunch!