xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxx_KILLER_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I work my legs and back on the same day?

I previously have been doing my lower body one day and upper body the next, but I'm finding my lower back muscles really sore the day after my leg workout. Should I maybe combine them instead? Any thoughts greatly appreciated

A
    "No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten."

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am currently doing an upper/lower routine. Lower includes lower back (deadlifts/gms/etc) and abs, and I do rows/shrugs/chins and the like on upper days.

kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like to do Legs one day and Back the next. Your legs and your back are both huge muscle groups, working them both on the same day is a lot of work. I know personally I would not give both groups the proper attention needed to stimulate growth if they were trained on the same day.

JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xxx_KILLER_x View Post
    I previously have been doing my lower body one day and upper body the next, but I'm finding my lower back muscles really sore the day after my leg workout. Should I maybe combine them instead? Any thoughts greatly appreciated

A
    Yes, you can although most people prefer not to. There is nothing wrong with trying it and seeing how your body reacts. You could do a Back/Legs/ and Chest/Shoulders split - add arms to one of the days...and see how it works for you. If you do this, I would advise alternating legs and back order on those days.

The other thought is to ask how long you have been doing the leg excercises that are making your back sore? Assuming your technique is clean, you may not feel the soreness after a few weeks.

Love the quote...love B. Hop...big fan.

Best of luck to you.

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've found that my back can recover very quickly. I usually do some type of back work 4 days per week. I don't do super crazy volume, but I do them on lower body and upper body days.

I'll do squats, deads, reverse hypers and rows on lower body days. And I'll do bench, pull ups, rows, face pull or rear delts on upper body days.

I've worked up to this. Perhaps it isn't for everyone. But, it's worked for me so far.