bengs4lyf85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help for a chubby 16 year old

Hey I'm a 16 year old boy and im a little chubby. I have worked with a personal trainer so I know how to work out and what the machines do, but no matter what I do I'm not getting any stronger or thinner. I've been doing a lot more cardio, but that isn't working either. I don't take any protein shakes or supplements. Maybe thats the reason why? Maybe it's my diet? what is a good diet to loose weight, while also getting pretty big. I don't want to be insanely strong, but I want to have big arms and a nice stomach. Anybody please help!!

Pseudo-Intellectual lovehasrisen's Avatar
    lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bengs4lyf85 View Post
    Hey I'm a 16 year old boy and im a little chubby. I have worked with a personal trainer so I know how to work out and what the machines do, but no matter what I do I'm not getting any stronger or thinner. I've been doing a lot more cardio, but that isn't working either. I don't take any protein shakes or supplements. Maybe thats the reason why? Maybe it's my diet? what is a good diet to loose weight, while also getting pretty big. I don't want to be insanely strong, but I want to have big arms and a nice stomach. Anybody please help!!
    Maybe? nah.. IT IS your diet..
    Work on your diet (nutrition section on this forum)
    and find a workout program and stick to it..
    Doctorate in Brotology

Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100)
    dont focus on supplements.

a good diet + a good routine + enough rest = results.

focus on one goal at first: loose weight or getting big. also big arms + nice stomach isnt a nice body, looks more like a myspace-ripped kid. either you work your whole body, or you gtfo

Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Inhumed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Showen View Post
    dont focus on supplements.

a good diet + a good routine + enough rest = results.

focus on one goal at first: loose weight or getting big. also big arms + nice stomach isnt a nice body, looks more like a myspace-ripped kid. either you work your whole body, or you gtfo
    Exactly, working only abs and arms will make you look weird.

Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100) Showen is not very well liked. (-100)
    also please post some stats ( height, weight, bf%) so we can help you more.

maybe some pictures if you dont mind.

also please post some stats ( height, weight, bf%) so we can help you more.

maybe some pictures if you dont mind.
    im 5'11" 210 and im not too sure about my bf% cuz i dont have a tape measurer right now so i can't calculate it correctly haha. but trust me im pretty chubby haha.

also what are some good diets i should do?

and i dont want to only work on my arms and abs, I just want a nice stomach and nice arms haha. i work on my legs and back as well but by stomach is the most important to me right now haha

also how do i post a picture of myself?
    Last edited by bengs4lyf85; 04-05-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain-4-Gain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    CKD works great,but really all you need to do is increase your intake of green veggies,fruits,lean protein, and water, and cut down on carbs, and bad fatty foods. Cardio really makes the difference for me. especially eating under your maintenance you'll start dropping fast
    I've forgotten fear,pain,and doubt,remembered pride and determination,and invented a new man.

Mom says "Alchohol is your enemy"... Jesus says "Love your enemy".

~~~ Brothers of Iron ~~~

I rep back!

im 5'11" 210 and im not too sure about my bf% cuz i dont have a tape measurer right now so i can't calculate it correctly haha. but trust me im pretty chubby haha.

also what are some good diets i should do?

and i dont want to only work on my arms and abs, I just want a nice stomach and nice arms haha. i work on my legs and back as well but by stomach is the most important to me right now haha

also how do i post a picture of myself?
    okay thats a start

you probably dont need any special diet, just eat less calories than your body needs to maintain your weight. and keep fats low. plus a lot of cardio! with that you will see results pretty fast (losing weight)

after going back down to about 180, you should start a clean bulk and go slowly back up to 200 without storing much fat ( while lifting weights hard! ). after that another good cut and you will have the body you want

use imageshack.us or something else to upload it, then copy+paste the link in here ( you might need to do spaces inbetween the link because you have less than 30posts)

okay thats a start

you probably dont need any special diet, just eat less calories than your body needs to maintain your weight. and keep fats low. plus a lot of cardio! with that you will see results pretty fast (losing weight)

after going back down to about 180, you should start a clean bulk and go slowly back up to 200 without storing much fat ( while lifting weights hard! ). after that another good cut and you will have the body you want

use imageshack.us or something else to upload it, then copy+paste the link in here ( you might need to do spaces inbetween the link because you have less than 30posts)
    alright here it is htt p:// img580. imageshack. us/img580/3574/photoon20100405at23412. jpg

sorry theres a lot of spaces it wont let me post it haha
    also do you have any ideas of what workout plan I should do? like something i should focus more on that others? and not just things in general i mean like specific excersises if u can

DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50) DominicT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

thanks bud haha

okay its fine, i got it

ok after seeing your pictures, i think you should cut far down to get rid of the fat. stay away from unhealthy food or atleast cut it down. eat low carbs/fats stuff and eat under your maintenance. veggies, fruits and such are good snacks even though you might not like it at first but you'll get used to it
    do lots of cardio!

measure your bodyweight and take pictures (to see progress) from time to time.

for lifting you can go for many routines like starting strength: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117429161

mix it up! try different exercises from bb.com while you are cutting down to see what works best for you so you can use these exercises later on to create your own routine.

you will see results pretty soon!

good luck!

if you have any questions just pm me!

alright man thanks so much you were a lot of help =] ill let you know what happens

alright man thanks so much you were a lot of help =] ill let you know what happens
    anytime. keep it up!

cheers

dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dowg16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you wont get big and get a small stomach, that's just not how it works. But you can get stronger while losing weight, which is called beginner gains. I don't know your weight, but a year ago when I was 165 and fat and cut to 150 by not drinking soda, eating 1500 calories a day, and running for 30 minutes a day. It's mostly diet if you want to lose weight. Hit the weights too to get stronger