Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

MusclePharm Battle Fuel

Rating -1/10

ok so I am sure you are wondering why the low review right? Well take a look at the back of the bottle where it says "NOTICE: This product contains cascara sagrada."

in case you are not familar with cascara sagrada it is a laxative which dis not get FDA approval. This herb more commonly goes by the name "chittam" which roughly translate to **** come!

If you look up cascara sagrada you may read the following "Use of Cascara Sagrada has been associated with abdominal pain and diarrhea and is potentially carcinogenic."

So my question is why on earth is a potentially carcinogenic laxative in a test/ pre-workout product??

On my third day of use of this product I experienced extreme abdominal pain and was hospitalized needing medicine to stop me from throwing up and fluids. I turned down the pain meds they offered as I didn't want to pay for them lol. I can not say for sure that my pain was due to this product but the doctors at Anmed Hospital suggested that it was due to that and the pain stopped after I stopped taking this product.

So this cost me the $45 for the product and then $350 at the ER, kind of expensive...

Again I am no doctor and my doctors could only suggest that my pain was due to the product so I'm sure many people will have no problems with it.

youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngkang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crewpierce View Post
    Rating -1/10

ok so I am sure you are wondering why the low review right? Well take a look at the back of the bottle where it says "NOTICE: This product contains cascara sagrada."

in case you are not familar with cascara sagrada it is a laxative which dis not get FDA approval. This herb more commonly goes by the name "chittam" which roughly translate to **** come!

If you look up cascara sagrada you may read the following "Use of Cascara Sagrada has been associated with abdominal pain and diarrhea and is potentially carcinogenic."

So my question is why on earth is a potentially carcinogenic laxative in a test/ pre-workout product??

On my third day of use of this product I experienced extreme abdominal pain and was hospitalized needing medicine to stop me from throwing up and fluids. I turned down the pain meds they offered as I didn't want to pay for them lol. I can not say for sure that my pain was due to this product but the doctors at Anmed Hospital suggested that it was due to that and the pain stopped after I stopped taking this product.

So this cost me the $45 for the product and then $350 at the ER, kind of expensive...

Again I am no doctor and my doctors could only suggest that my pain was due to the product so I'm sure many people will have no problems with it.

Thanks for the head ups!

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

As with most products out, long term use with high dosages causes negative effects. In order for this to even perform as a laxative at least 300mg must be administered at a time, in which the laxative effect would take place roughly 6-12hrs later.

Also if you read the label you will notice that recommended use is for 3 weeks at a time. As mentioned before negative effects only are "possible" after long term use with a high dose. Battle Fuel does NOT fall into this category.

There are positive uses for this at low/mild doses such as that in Battle Fuel, the compounds in cascara called anthraquinones are transformed by intestinal bacteria into substances that increase peristalsis in the large intestine and help restore its tone(intestinal cleansing).

First off, I am not calling you a liar at all. But seeing as it was only the 3rd day, and Battle Fuel does not have high enough of a dose to cause the negative effects, I would question as to whether it was due to the product. Another reason I would question its possibility is we have had no complaints or negative feedback relating to this effect you have described. However, I will address this and see what we can do about it.
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm

Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I may very well be the 0.01% of people allergic to that herb but either way I find it an odd addition when there are other herbs/probiotics that could be used for the same effect without the possible side effects.

Clearly this side effect isn't entirely a surprise or you wouldn't have put the warning on the label.

For the record I am not trying to bash MP as I love your other products. Just not impressed with this one in your line up that's all.

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

I may very well be the 0.01% of people allergic to that herb but either way I find it an odd addition when there are other herbs/probiotics that could be used for the same effect without the possible side effects.

Clearly this side effect isn't entirely a surprise or you wouldn't have put the warning on the label.

For the record I am not trying to bash MP as I love your other products. Just not impressed with this one in your line up that's all.
    I hear you. And as said in my other post, it is being addressed. You're entitled to your opinion, thanks for your support and for using our other stuff.
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm

Originally Posted by dirtydean12 View Post
    I hear you. And as said in my other post, it is being addressed. You're entitled to your opinion, thanks for your support and for using our other stuff.
    Thank you for listening and not being defensive about the topic, very refreshing in this market!

tylerwwjd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am actually curious about this also.

Since I have started taking Battle Fuel (On my 5th day as of friday) I have had pretty serious abdominal pain and have had diarrhea quite frequently. I am not going to blame MP just because I used to have a serious case of IBS, however I have had no stomach issues until I started MP. I am going to try my best to use the whole bottle since I dont believe there are any refunds.

As for strength gains, well I havnt seen many yet... However the only supplements im taking are Jack3d (fantastic product been on and off for a year now), Battle Fuel, Oats&Whey, WAR, and the occasional BCAA supp.
    John 3:16 Hold to the faith
    Mathews AutoMall http://www.mathewsautomall.com/
    Blog: www.tylerwwjd09.wordpress.com

nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nath123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not so sure about taking his battle fuel stack now

Originally Posted by nath123 View Post
    not so sure about taking his battle fuel stack now

Well,
    Today I took battlefuel with food during lunch around 12:15. I then went throughout my day without aches or pains. At 6:00pm I took Jack3d and at 6:15 I lifted.

While lifting I had exceptional hardness and swelling in my arms that were much further beyond Jack3d's limit (I've been on an off Jack3d since it came out so I know it's effects). I was full of energy, endurance, and had quite a bit of aggression towards getting more weights. I skull crushed 125 4x12 which was quite a bit after doing other tricep workouts before. My body seemed to not want to slow down.

I still have a bit of aching in the my stomach here and there but overall am feeling fine. I am going to take it again at lunch tomorrow and see if possibly it's just taking it on an empty stomach (even though they recommend to) is what's causing my issues.

mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000) mejiaiii is just really nice. (+1000)
    I never had the symptoms the OP stated and I've run it with assault. All I can say that I've had the best workouts in my life with I took this stack. The only other prodcut that has come close to doing this is Bioforge PM. Sorry to hear about your misfortune but I think battle fuel is a solid product.

chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow, i guess we all should read the labels a little better haha. i def. will be!
    I Collect Reps like i Collect STD's Nom Sayin?
    BIG D (Wolverine)- Smaller than tomorrow, bigger than yesterday.
    I will not give up. I Will not let the world pass me by.. I WILL TRANSFORM AND I WILL NOT DIE!
    Vassive!
    "its all about training the mind first, then training the body, then all will flow evenly...." - Chipper1 *ME!*
    August 2nd- 300lbs....May 23rd- 195lbs....

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    im past my 1st week of Battle Fuel, dont feel too different

(no negative effects either)

hopefully will see a difference after the 3rd week
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

I just finished my first bottle. After the first week and a half my stomach seemed to take to it better. definitely don't take it on an empty stomach though.

JPatin14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JPatin14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JPatin14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Battle Fuel XT

I've been on Battle Fuel for about 6 weeks now, and for the past week I've been having stomach pains all day everyday. I had upset stomach sometimes from the protein, but that's to be expected, and it is much worse now. I love all of MP products, and use only them. But I have a perfectly clean diet, plenty of condition, etc. I didn't want the reason to be Battle Fuel, but I'm getting off it today to see if it has been the cause. I will post the results in a week or two, to see if it is the cause.

JPatin14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JPatin14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JPatin14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Me too

Rating -1/10

I was experiencing abdominal pain for the past week or so, and did not know why. i found your post and i stopped taking it yesterday. (BF XT) i don't know if this was or is my cause because it is still hurting today, but how long did yours take to stop hurting after you stopped taking it?

Results

Originally Posted by JPatin14 View Post
    I've been on Battle Fuel for about 6 weeks now, and for the past week I've been having stomach pains all day everyday. I had upset stomach sometimes from the protein, but that's to be expected, and it is much worse now. I love all of MP products, and use only them. But I have a perfectly clean diet, plenty of condition, etc. I didn't want the reason to be Battle Fuel, but I'm getting off it today to see if it has been the cause. I will post the results in a week or two, to see if it is the cause.
    I have been off the BF XT since this day. My abdominal pain stopped within 3 days of getting off of it, and it has not come back. I can say without a doubt that BF XT was the cause for it.