BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Want to be different? - Give your legs a hammering!

Half way through my leg workout this morning, and it was one of those days when I was low on energy (stripping out some carbs) ...and it was leg day, when I looked around the gym and saw (as usual) that arms and chest were the workouts on display. The same guys doing the same routines, with the same weights. I started a set of hack squats and I'm thinking my legs are hurting like crazy, then I just dialled it on.

I thought these guys are great motivation for me. They're not improving, they are just going through the motions and it really spurred me on. I thought, when I have my Tom Platz (OK...not perhaps not that big) quads these guys will still be going through their same routines....

Just thought I'd share...keep hammering those legs and be different from the pack.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    At the last commercial gym where I was a member, on my first day there, I was standing near the dumbbell rack, and an average-looking guy was doing Dumbbell curls with 25's, for a couple of 8 rep sets.

Move ahead two years, on my last day training there, and there was that same guy, curling the same weight, for the same reps. Needless to say, his arms (along with the rest of him) looked the same as before.

That really brought home the point about progression, or more accurately, lack of same.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BazzaW View Post
    Half way through my leg workout this morning, and it was one of those days when I was low on energy (stripping out some carbs) ...and it was leg day, when I looked around the gym and saw (as usual) that arms and chest were the workouts on display. The same guys doing the same routines, with the same weights. I started a set of hack squats and I'm thinking my legs are hurting like crazy, then I just dialled it on.

I thought these guys are great motivation for me. They're not improving, they are just going through the motions and it really spurred me on. I thought, when I have my Tom Platz (OK...not perhaps not that big) quads these guys will still be going through their same routines....

Just thought I'd share...keep hammering those legs and be different from the pack.
    Be different from the pack and stop worrying about the pack, and focus on YOU!

That's really all that ever matters isn't it?
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like to say that one shouldnt confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but not getting anywhere!!!

Move TOWARDS and FORWARD to your goals!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    We can preach until we're blue in the face, and the bottom line is: People are still gonna do whatever they want to do.

Yes, I also see the same people in the gym who work strictly upper body, who use the same weights, same reps, same excercises every single day. It starts to bother me, because on the one hand, I think maybe the guy really wants to get bigger, wants to raise his natural testosterone, really wants to stop wasting his time in the gym, and you know what.... I can help that guy, I can show him what he's doing wrong, I can open his eyes to the 'secrets' of bodybuilding..... but I stop myself, and tell myself, That guy is not me. He doesn't have the same dreams, or goals.... and probably doesn't want the same things I want.

So I go on about my business. I do my leg work. I up my poundages, increase my reps, or take less rest between sets. I watch my muscles grow by the month. I nod and say hello to the guy doing curls with the same weights he has been using for the last year and a half. And I tell myself, "Well.... at least that's one less guy I have to worry about beating when I step on stage for the first time....."
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to hate working out legs. Now, it's the best two workouts of the week. Legs can be daunting, they cost a lot of work, and leave you feeling like a wrung out dish rag. It takes some time to get into quads, buttox, and calves. But it's well worth the effort. By the way, I never pay any attention to what the hell anyone else in the gym is ever doing. Get in, get out, don't rest between sets more than a minute, and mind your own business. My commentary generally is reserved for how I look in the mirror. That is more than enough to keep me occupied.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    x2 to x10 on the last 5-6 posts ^^^

I train at home, alone, but I have friends who "work-out" one way or another and there's only one with whom I've had serious bodybuilding conversations (I plan to train with him someday when we can get our schedules together - maybe during summer since we are both teachers).

I can remember reading/hearing someone say "Keep doing what you've always done and you'll get what you've always gotten." That applies to a lot in life, including building muscle. It's also the reason I've taken to microloading (increasing weights by 1-3# rather than 5# or 10#) and/or pushing for just one more rep on one set each time I train.

Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paprika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yup in 6 months I have only seen 3 people train their legs at my gym and even then no one did their calves. I dont quite understnd it. I was doing calf raises toady and these 2 guys were looking a me like I was insane. But it is just horses for course I suppose. I let them do their thing and for the most part they leave me alone too. It does get a bit irritating when you see these knuckle heads laughing as if your the one that is in the wrong but bless them, they arent that bright!
    Last edited by Paprika; 04-05-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: I used a word for laughing under your breath but ig got starred out by the curse bot, so I changed the word!

Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My legs got pounded today. And I'm glad. Don't care what anyone else in my gym does. Besides, that means I never have to wait to use the squat rack...unless someone is curling in it....

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    I used to hate working out legs. Now, it's the best two workouts of the week. Legs can be daunting, they cost a lot of work, and leave you feeling like a wrung out dish rag. It takes some time to get into quads, buttox, and calves. But it's well worth the effort. By the way, I never pay any attention to what the hell anyone else in the gym is ever doing. Get in, get out, don't rest between sets more than a minute, and mind your own business. My commentary generally is reserved for how I look in the mirror. That is more than enough to keep me occupied.
    I agree. Just make sure while you are looking at yourself in the mirror you are standing still. I was checking myself out while walking and...BANG. Right into a machine. needless to say that killed my mood but probably up the mood of everyone around.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    I can remember reading/hearing someone say "Keep doing what you've always done and you'll get what you've always gotten."
    words to live by there.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    At the last commercial gym where I was a member, on my first day there, I was standing near the dumbbell rack, and an average-looking guy was doing Dumbbell curls with 25's, for a couple of 8 rep sets.

Move ahead two years, on my last day training there, and there was that same guy, curling the same weight, for the same reps. Needless to say, his arms (along with the rest of him) looked the same as before.
    What if he is just toning ?? I bet you didn't think of that ........

who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    What if he is just toning ?? I bet you didn't think of that ........

I should have known that eventually someone would use the "t-word".

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    I should have known that eventually someone would use the "t-word".
    Yeah .. sorry about that..

bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My last leg day I did dumbell walking lunges for the first time in my life. Oh my eff-ing god - the doms didn't wait two days - the were sneaking in that night and in full blown motion by next morning. But these DOMS were in my butt worse than my legs, I hurt so bad I didn't even have a bowel movement for two days. I think even my turds didn't wanna get near my butt.

For some reason I had been under the impression that DWL's were a chick move -lol,call me a girl then cuz these will be a regular part of leg day from now on.
    "A successful person is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at them." David Brinkley

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-transformation-bob-tankersley.htm

Originally Posted by bobbyt321 View Post
    For some reason I had been under the impression that DWL's were a chick move -lol,call me a girl then cuz these will be a regular part of leg day from now on.
    They are if you use the pink dumbell, if you walking with 120lb db you're a man

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bobbyt321 View Post
    My last leg day I did dumbell walking lunges for the first time in my life. Oh my eff-ing god - the doms didn't wait two days - the were sneaking in that night and in full blown motion by next morning. But these DOMS were in my butt worse than my legs, I hurt so bad I didn't even have a bowel movement for two days. I think even my turds didn't wanna get near my butt.

The first time my trainer had me do them I foolishly thought, "These will be kind of easy!" That thought lasted less than 30 seconds.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They are if you use the pink dumbell, if you walking with 120lb db you're a man

They were the magenta dumbell's - so there!
    "A successful person is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at them." David Brinkley

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-transformation-bob-tankersley.htm

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like leg days, most of my workout partners didn't even do what I would term a leg day when we first started working out.
    The claimed to do legs but it was basically quad extensions, some light ham curls, and light leg presses.
    Now when we do legs I have em squatting, and the leg presses go heavy, I am introducing them to stiff leg dead's also.

Leg days are the days when I get to feel powerful and strong, my upper body is relatively weak by comparison, but on leg days I feel like the man.

btw my legs are probably weaker than most folks here, its just that I feel strong on leg day.

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    While on the topic of legs...I watched a couple of the Charles Glass vids and I changed my leg routine up drastically.

So far so good!
    Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i never realized how much more work it was to push legs and have an appreciation to anyone that does push them hard. i am a long way off myself but get a bit better every time i push legs.

added lunges back to my workout. i am the only man there that does them and i do get looks but f them.

Me and a friend are gearing up to get squats going again and i look forward to them!
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Legs are the most important of my workouts because they improve all other parts of my body. The harder I work on leg days the more weight and reps I do on all other body parts.

I do two legs days a week. Monday and Thursdays and wish I had time for more.

If you want a big chest work your legs. If you want big biceps work your legs. If you want big traps work your legs.

If you don't mind wearing long sweats in the gym and don't care to push the envelope then keep them chicken legs hidden and don't work 'em out.

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

Registered User Bigshelbeachbum's Avatar
    Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigshelbeachbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am working out in the AM now with a new job so new set of folks in the gym. I squat three days a week and when I take time to notice they look at me like I’m lunatic kind of funny 5 people in the gym 4 doing curls and me squatting and grunting
    Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in poop.
    After a while you figure out the pig likes it.

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah .. sorry about that..

How about "Maintaining" ?

As in "Physique Maintenance".

If i would've been able to literally constantly progress,I'd be 700 lbs with 2% bodyfat.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    How about "Maintaining" ?

As in "Physique Maintenance".

If i would've been able to literally constantly progress,I'd be 700 lbs with 2% bodyfat.
    I don't believe in "maintaining" what's that ?

whether it's to get stronger, bigger, leaner etc..
    I always try and progress, more weight , more reps, faster, higher etc..
    there is no maintaining, that is just the state of mind of 99% of the folks you see in the gym, they are maintaining and toning..
    you have to achieve something first if you want to maintain it and to maintain it you need to work like you're trying to beat yourself.

The fact that progress slows down and then might even stop does not mean one should stop trying to improve

BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't believe in "maintaining" what's that ?

whether it's to get stronger, bigger, leaner etc..
    I always try and progress, more weight , more reps, faster, higher etc..
    there is no maintaining, that is just the state of mind of 99% of the folks you see in the gym, they are maintaining and toning..
    you have to achieve something first if you want to maintain it and to maintain it you need to work like you're trying to beat yourself.

The fact that progress slows down and then might even stop does not mean one should stop trying to improve
    Well said.....even the greats have bodyparts they wish they could improve on.

Well said.....even the greats have bodyparts they wish they could improve on.
    Absolutely... there's always someone ready to top you.
    When I train I train with competing in mind even if I might never enter a PL meet , I still train with that goal in mind.
    Maybe in a few years my point of view will be different but for now I am sticking to it

SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Legzzzzzzz, my favorite way to hate the start of the week
    UP the IRONS!