foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Whey Protein ok for kids?

I am just wondering if anyone knows if it will be ok for a child to have whey protein? I do not give it to my son but tonight I made homemade protein bars and put them in the fridge and he took one out and ate it. There are also other things that I make with it in it that he tries to eat but I won't let him. He sees that I make it for myself and my husband and then he wants some. I feel bad telling him no, he can't have any. Does anyone have any thoughts? He is 10 years old.

defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well the protein itself shouldn't be bad because its just milk protein, but I am unsure how much protein in general is toxic to a child so its hard to say. I have a hard time believing one protein bar would have adverse affects though.

Cage Fighting Triathlete Zangeif Lagasse's Avatar
    Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000) Zangeif Lagasse is just really nice. (+1000)
    A little bit won't hurt him, but not sure how much protein is to much for a 10 y/o.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As with the above posts, whey protein supps are just made from milk proteins, why wouldn't it be ok for kids? In small amounts (i.e. 2oz) it should be fine. Mixed with good carbs, it's great for them.

Considering the bad foods most kids eat these days, I see no issue.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Eating small amounts of whey would do no harm at all. I wouldn't give him a an entire scoop or protein shake at his size but in a bar along with other ingredient/food, no harm. If he sees you make a shake, make him a fruit and yogurt smoothie. He'll love it.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you everyone. I am surprised he actually ate it and liked it, my dad threw his out when I gave him one because it was "gross". I am going to have to start making him seperate stuff. I did with the "ice cream" I made the other day, I had to make one for him without the whey in it.

Registered User quickblisschris's Avatar
    quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickblisschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by foxhedge View Post
    Thank you everyone. I am surprised he actually ate it and liked it, my dad threw his out when I gave him one because it was "gross". I am going to have to start making him seperate stuff. I did with the "ice cream" I made the other day, I had to make one for him without the whey in it.
    **** i wish my mom made me protien bars
    I REP BACK
    Thank you misc for giving me bed times stories, when ever i get home late, and cant fall asleep

Displeasing Aesthetically scantraxx's Avatar
    scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    He doens't need it at age 10, he needs a good solid diet, just tell him he doesn't need it yet until he is older, simple. I don't think kid needs protein supplement until they are 14-16, because by then they are about the height they are going to be and are ready to start building muscle, a good diet will be fine until they reach that age though.

Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dnarts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by scantraxx View Post
    He doens't need it at age 10, he needs a good solid diet, just tell him he doesn't need it yet until he is older, simple. I don't think kid needs protein supplement until they are 14-16, because by then they are about the height they are going to be and are ready to start building muscle, a good diet will be fine until they reach that age though.
    The question is whether it would be ok for kids though.

So the answer is yes.
    Train insane, or remain the same. No hype necessary.
    www.fusionbodybuilding.com

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    He's a kid and still growing, why would you give him protein powder at that age? Just feed the boy normal food. Are you living your dream through your son?

Facepalm.

scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lmao at the idiots who didn't even read her post...

re-read it so you know why you look like such tools to everyone else... *cough scantraxxjcbrowns cough*.

my opinion, in the future make a second batch just for him... a more healthy batch though. the protein wont hurt him but i wouldn't recconmend letting him have it on a regular basis.

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scump View Post
    lmao at the idiots who didn't even read her post...

re-read it so you know why you look like such tools to everyone else... *cough scantraxxjcbrowns cough*.

my opinion, in the future make a second batch just for him... a more healthy batch though. the protein wont hurt him but i wouldn't recconmend letting him have it on a regular basis.
    What's the difference? Homemade vs. powder. It's still in there. Same thing. Why pimp your kid on homemade supps? Just feed the kid regular food.

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jcbrowns View Post
    He's a kid and still growing, why would you give him protein powder at that age? Just feed the boy normal food. Are you living your dream through your son?

Facepalm.
    She didn't ask this. She asked if it was safe, and it is. I seriously doubt the woman in the photo holding the two trophies in what looks like is probably a recent photo needs to "live the dream through her kids"

What's the difference? Homemade vs. powder. It's still in there. Same thing. Why pimp your kid on homemade supps? Just feed the kid regular food.
    Whats the difference if the kid wants some protein in his milk instead of chocolate milk every so often for a treat? There's going to be ZERO detrimental effect, and if he prefers a 'protein' treat over a sugary one, this kid's completely skipping over all of the bad choices that a LOT of kids unwittingly make. She could even choose a protein like ON Natural or Muscle Gauge Nutrition and it'd be sweetened with stevia, and a much healthier alternative to just about any other 'tasty' choice he might have in mind.

Raise your own damn kids, this woman sounds like she's got a good handle on her business.

scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    omfg are you retarted? read the fking post you idiot!

SHE DID NOT GIVE HER SON PROTEIN.

he took it from the fridge!!!! seriously man, even after being prompted to re-read the post you managed to miss the entire point.

its a impulsive 10 year old who wants to have what mum and dad are having, you can't blame her for having protein supps and you cant blame the kid for being human.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scump View Post
    omfg are you retarted? read the fking post you idiot!

SHE DID NOT GIVE HER SON PROTEIN.

he took it from the fridge!!!! seriously man, even after being prompted to re-read the post you managed to miss the entire point.

its a impulsive 10 year old who wants to have what mum and dad are having, you can't blame her for having protein supps and you cant blame the kid for being human.
    LOL - Im with ya on this.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by foxhedge View Post
    I am just wondering if anyone knows if it will be ok for a child to have whey protein? I do not give it to my son but tonight I made homemade protein bars and put them in the fridge and he took one out and ate it. There are also other things that I make with it in it that he tries to eat but I won't let him. He sees that I make it for myself and my husband and then he wants some. I feel bad telling him no, he can't have any. Does anyone have any thoughts? He is 10 years old.
    Yes. Look at babies eat. Formula or milk, both full of protein. Maybe just avoid stuff with any artificial additives.

Thank you to everyone who did actually read the post. I do not give my son protein powder. I make a batch for my husband and myself and they look good. I just want to make sure that if he sneaks in there every once in a while and takes something that I make that it will be fine for him. I do make him seperate batches of some of the stuff, I just didn't think these would be good at all (taste wise).

YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doesn't the kid eat chicken? beef? pork? Doesn't he drink milk or consume other forms of dairy? You guys are making a bit too big of a deal here. Is it a waste of hard earned money? Perhaps. Will it be toxic to the kid? Probably not unless he drinks a ridiculous amount of it. Protein is after all simply a macro nutrient just like carbs and fats!

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My son is 2 and a half.....he asks for protein bars and sludge for a treat. Harmful? Much better than candy and cookies. There is no harm in it. People are making a big deal out of nothing here. Its just food.

hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    some stupid people posting in this thread, she never said shes feeding him whey protein, she just made bars that had whey in it and he wanted to eat some which is fine. nowhere did she say she was replacing his meals with shakes or something like that

SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why are you giving him protein powder, why not just regular food? << K, totally kidding lol i found all those posts above funny..

It's sweet that he's seeing you into that stuff and has an interest in it. If I were you, I'd use that interest to guide him down a healthy lifestyle of eating, maybe explain a few things to him over the next few years. I'd say the eating habits he picks up in the next 10yrs or so will greatly impact the lifestyle he lives when he's all grown up.

I don't see any problems with it at all. You could bake him some cookies/pancakes with whey in place of flour and the nutrition value would go up. By all means don't give him a ton, but if it's something he's curious about, it won't kill him (like curiosity did to the cat!)
    I like my food clean, and my women dirty.