nubia-IA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein at night?

Hey,
    I know that there is Casein Protein for night!
    But Since I dont have the money for it right now I'm wondering if its any good to take a whey protein shake before I go to bed.
    Or is it more bad than good? Can it make me fat since my body doesnt need the amount of protein at night oder something?
    And since I'm trying to cut bodyfat is it a good or a bad idea?

Thanks!

rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rusin388 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It wouldn't be a bad thing. Casein is designed to be a slower acting protein so it takes longer to digest, that way its slowly digesting the entire time you sleep until breakfast in the AM. The whey will digest more rapidly, but the protein intake is about the same.

Go for it
    Nulli Secundis - i rep back

Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mix it with milk + natural yogurt
    We can rebuild him, Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Having a whey shake before bed is not a terrible idea if you cannot afford casein. The extra protein will not make you fat, as protein is not stored this way in the body. The problem is that whey is broken down into its amino acid structure very quickly, which is what makes it good before and after workouts. To slow down the breakdown and digestion of the whey in your stomach, make the shake with milk and add a little fat to it ( like peanut or almond butter). The other thing you can do is eat cottage cheese before bed as the majority of the protein found in there is casein based.
    University of Massachusetts class of 2012
    BS Biochemistry
    BS Kinesiology

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whey is perfectly fine before bed, combine it with a fat source and your fine. If you can eat whole foods when possible. Chicken, steak, eggs, tuna whatever. You will be fine in the morning, your muscles wont fall away if you do not have casein. Don't buy into that hype. As long as you reaching your caloric goals for the day to support your goal stop stressing something so small that has a minimal effect.

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nubia-IA View Post
    Hey,
    I know that there is Casein Protein for night!
    But Since I dont have the money for it right now I'm wondering if its any good to take a whey protein shake before I go to bed.
    Or is it more bad than good? Can it make me fat since my body doesnt need the amount of protein at night oder something?
    And since I'm trying to cut bodyfat is it a good or a bad idea?

Thanks!
    Suggest cottage cheese with a slice of pineapple. If you must have whey, you can add to it or just consume alongside of it.

Pineapple adds flavor and is loaded with good stuff such as bromelain and papain to assist with protein absorption, among other things.
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.