Violettraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Cheat meals & still full

Im 7 weeks out from my 1st figure competition and im suppose to have a cheat meal once a week. lately its been every few weeks instead cause every time i have a cheat meal (which is normally dinner at a good restaurant) i wake up and the next day not feeling hunger at all & also feeling so guilty and crappy that feeling last for a few hours...before i feel hungry again & can even think about eating again.....Is this normal?

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Once I'm in contest prep mode I DO NOT CHEAT. I don't for two reasons. #1 it's only gonna slow me down. #2 I'll feel guilty and crappy for doing it. If it makes you feel crappy/guilty then don't do it.

I do have refeeds. Refeeds are not cheats. Refeeds are used to raise leptin levels and keep ones metabolism from hitting the crapper. When one does a refeed they up the carbs to about double what they are currently consuming and lower protein to about 1gram/lb and lower fats. How much you up your carbs and how low you cut your fats is gonna differ from person to person. Overall calories on a refeed day are typically bumped up to your maintenance after you have adjusted your macros (uppped carbs, lowered fats and protein).
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do one cheat meal per week. It is normal to feel full the next day but it is important to go right back into your nutrition/diet plan with all meals on time. If you are not WANTING your cheat meal, this sounds like a clue that you might not be in enuf of a deficit or your nutrition plan might not be tight enough. Honestly, if your nutrition is strict enough, I believe you will really want that meal weather it is a 'cheat' or a 'refeed.'

The other thing that comes to mind is guilt. If your diet is tight enough, the splurge/cheat will actually help you. Don't feel guilty about it, even though the feeling of fullness/disgust is there. Use that as motivation to be extra committed to your actual diet plan. It IS part of the discipline of having a splurge or cheat meal....

If the particular program you are using is inclusive of a splurge meal, you should take advantage of it. Typically, I lose my cheat meal about 4 weeks out and that may be what your trainer has in mind as well.

The cheat meal is used to trick your metabolism in ways and can really fire up your metabolism. I have had numerous cheats where....after a couple days of digestion I actually lost weight. But another part of its usefulness is the discipline and using it as a slow weaning process from naughty foods. Again, when you have it taken away you may regret skipping it. It really can keep you from losing your mind on your diet AND help you with keep your metabolism from becoming slow.

If it is part of the program given to you, you should be doing it. My two cents worth.
    I love Anthony Scott

Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bulgarian_mm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheat meals are good if you are strict the rest of the time, plus they keep you sane and if you are lean enough you can have an entire cheat day. Or a really heavy carb load. But if you feel guilty, have a refeed day and be strict the rest of the week. Everyone is different. Id have a cheat day or 2 but close to competition it goes down to a cheat meal.

EDIT: Oh and make sure the cheat day/refeed day/carb laod whichever you choose is planned and is done consistantly. Never do it because you felt like it. Its important to have a plan and stick to it