Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile Keeping the spark alive...

My husband did something really thoughtful and sweet this morning and it got me to thinking about what other couples do to keep the magic alive in their relationships.

We've been married for 20 years this month and I'm sure most will agree that keeping the romance/love/friendship going in a relationship requires some kind of effort. Not that it's difficult but if you don't put anything into a relationship you most likely won't get anything out of it either.

Anyway, my hubby actually got up early today and made me the most incredibly delicious smelling fajita salad for lunch! He spent a good 30 minutes dicing garlic, onion, peppers and chicken etc...it smells amazing. He is so supportive with my diet and exercise and I appreciate it more than I can say.

Driving to work I just started wondering what little things you or your significant other do to show you care. To keep the spark alive and burning brightly...
    "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
    The Princess Bride

"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." ~ James A. Michener

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121303391
    Does this journal make my butt look big?!?

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My husband and I make sure we have a date night at least once a week and we ship the kids off to grandma's house so we can stay up as late as we want and can still sleep in. We also have a rule that no computers can be on from 5:30 to 8:30 so that we can have more time to talk. And we text and e-mail all day long.

cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hope2bme View Post
    wondering what little things you or your significant other do to show you care. To keep the spark alive and burning brightly...
    Damn...I knew I was missing something...
    No one raindrop believes it is to be blamed for the flood. -anonymous

Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what little things you or your significant other do to show you care. To keep the spark alive and burning brightly...

Umm...will I get banned for posting some of the stuff? Though I won't call it "little things"

OK, OK. I'll chime in. My wife and I have 3 little kids, ages 6 and twins that are 2 1/2. Plus we have a 19 year old live in nanny. And we work full time. So yes, it's very stressful and it's very easy to let the focus on our relationship slip. We e-mail every day at work, things like that. Since my wife shares this bodybuilding lifestyle with me, we also share our weekly cheat meal together. Every Friday night, we wait for all the kids to go to bed. Then we order our food, and sit down in front of the TV eating, relaxing, talking. It's my favorite part of the week.

Oh, and not to pat myself on the back (well...maybe a little), last year was our 10th anniversary. I planned and organized a whole surprise 10th anniversary party at our house, followed by a nice overnight trip. I even made a special "cake" for us, made out of natty pb, oats and chocolate protein powder.

hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Klayfish View Post
    Umm...will I get banned for posting some of the stuff? Though I won't call it "little things"

I planned and organized a whole surprise 10th anniversary party at our house, followed by a nice overnight trip. I even made a special "cake" for us, made out of natty pb, oats and chocolate protein powder.

Hehe...yeah, we probably have to keep things PG-13 in here.

I love that you planned the surprise party etc....I bet your wife was thrilled.
    The Princess Bride

"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." ~ James A. Michener

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

*hearts and flowers*

My girlfriend said she wanted me to be more romantic......

.....so now I have 2 girlfriends.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Just realized I didn't include any of the little things that I do for my hubby....

I make sure to pour him a cup of coffee in the morning and leave it by the bedside before I leave for the gym in the morning. I run around and make sure all the remotes are handy on the table for him before I leave so he can play x-box when he wakes up and listen to his music...I also like to sneak notes in his lunch or car...sometimes they are *mushy/luvy* other times *erotic*. I think he likes the erotic ones best!
    The Princess Bride

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Driving to work I just started wondering what little things you or your significant other do to show you care. To keep the spark alive and burning brightly...
    I stopped peeing in the sink
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I stopped peeing in the sink
    Now that is ROMANCE right there! Gotta luv a man that's been *house broken*.
    The Princess Bride

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lisa and I have been together for four and a half years, and have lived together for 3 and a half, and many people have commented (even someone on this forum) that we're like a couple of love-struck teenagers.

We still have date nights, and even though we don't go out much, Lisa still gets dolled up for me every Saturday night. Hair, make-up, sexy clothes; the works.

I still open the car door for her.

I make her a protein shake every night before we go to bed.

We say "I love you" to each other first thing in the morning and the last thing at night.

We e-mail each other at work several times a day just to ask how the other's day is going.

Lisa does so much for me I could type all day; she's just wonderful to me (and I still have no idea why. LOL).

I think the #1 thing though is we treat each other with the utmost respect.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still open the car door for her.

I still surprise her with flowers.

She still turns down the bed and fluffs the pillow for me.

We cook together every night.

We read to each other.

We talk about our days when I get home form work.

I let her buy all the pretty dresses she wants and take an active role in picking out clothing when we're shopping.

She encourages all my crazy pursuits best left to a younger man.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My husband is far more thoughtful and considerate than I am. He often cooks dinner and has the house cleaned when I get home. That takes a tremendous amount of pressure and stress off of me. He'll also aks, yes ask, if I would like a foot rub. On the flip side, I try to buy him flowers at least once a month. I did it once for him, and it was a big hit. So I just try to keep it up. He likes flowers for whatever reason.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Brother, I was with you. Right up until this......

I am sorry old friend, but now you have went to far. Your suspect.

Yea, you!

edit - unless you are only talking about "Madame Helgas Leather Emporium."
    Now, wait a minute. Are you telling me that making sure what she buys is stuff that I want to see her in is a bad thing?

The payback in taking the active interest in her day-to-day wear actually pays out in having her ask my opinion about what color corsette she should buy.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    buy him flowers at least once a month. I did it once for him, and it was a big hit. So I just try to keep it up. He likes flowers for whatever reason.
    My husband likes flowers as well. I sent him flowers for his birthday last year and he loved it! I don't know if it was the actual flowers that he loved or the fact that he had this big bouquet on his desk at work that practically shouted *my wife loves me*!!
    The Princess Bride

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My husband likes flowers as well. I sent him flowers for his birthday last year and he loved it! I don't know if it was the actual flowers that he loved or the fact that he had this big bouquet on his desk at work that practically shouted *my wife loves me*!!
    My husband loves flowers, but he does not have a green thumb at all. He's after me already to plant a bunch of stuff outside, although it's too soon.

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sometimes I turn my pimp-hand down from 10 to 8 if the sammiches are acceptable.

CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Affection - in and out of the bedroom.

I just love how Jim will sidle up behind me whilst I'm cooking, slip his arms around me and give me a kiss. Delicious!

I clean the snow off the car in the winter and heat it up while Jim's showering. He likes that.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    sometimes I turn my pimp-hand down from 10 to 8 if the sammiches are acceptable.

You're so good to your woman. She doesn't deserve you.

You're so good to your woman. She doesn't deserve you.
    *sigh*

..I guess I'm just old school....

sometimes too, I'll let her wait 15 minutes before she digs the car/driveway/sidewalks/porch out if the snow is REALLY deep.

CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A couple of years ago, we joined a beer league softball team. I dug out a very old beat up glove to play with.

Jim surprised me by buying me a hot pink brand new glove.

I was quite possibly the fanciest girl in the outfield.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    *sigh*

..I guess I'm just old school....

sometimes too, I'll let her wait 15 minutes before she digs the car/driveway/sidewalks/porch out if the snow is REALLY deep.

Such a gentleman. If I sent my son to visit with you, will you train him in the art of wooing women? You're obviously such a master.

Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    A couple of years ago, we joined a beer league softball team. I dug out a very old beat up glove to play with.

Jim surprised me by buying me a hot pink brand new glove.

I was quite possibly the fanciest girl in the outfield.
    If my man loves me, he will not ask me to play softball.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Hehe...yeah, we probably have to keep things PG-13 in here.
    So I guess that means blood and gore is ok, but nice things like sex are taboo?

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Unless it's zombie sex. Then it's totally ok.

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Of course...isn't that the American way?!
    The Princess Bride

Unless it's zombie sex. Then it's totally ok.
    What a great role-playing idea.

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Not as good as you might think. lol.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by marius_ursus View Post
    ...take an active role in picking out clothing when we're shopping.

beta bear!!!

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Jeffrey Dahmer tried it and did not get many lulz.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Not as good as you might think. lol.
    Yeah, I guess the smell might get to me.

Originally Posted by snoack View Post
    beta bear!!!
    LOL, if only you knew that kind of rewards I get.

Also, taxation is theft.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I generally go to bed a lot earlier then my wife, so we've instituted a good night kiss every night before I do, even if I'm on the road somewhere.

I'm also very affectionate, and will often times walk up to her from behind, kiss the back of her neck, rub her shoulders...you know...romantic sh*t like that...