Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2557
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ulsak View Post
    Good poundage on squats and pendlays bro. On standing ab wheels, they must be fathermucker is there a step between or any other means to go there from kneeling. It would be a blessing to get a volume like yours on that excersise.
    Thanks mate. The bands really helped. I started with a blue band which is twice as thick as the red band. It's hung from the chinup bar and it supports my waist when doing the standing rollouts. I've been able to rep with a plain band (the thinnest) in the past but never got as far as repping with no assistance (did 1x5 one time).

You can also do partial reps (against a wall), or up a ramp if you can rig one up. You can also get a partner to put plates on your back when doing the kneeling variant.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Weight: 85.7kg

Bench press: 87.5kg: 5,5,5,5,4 -- probably could have got 5x5 but the 4th set had some bad reps including a grinder

Shrug (strict, from floor): 140kg: 18, 16

Incline barbell bench press: 52.5kg: 10, 9, 8
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 01-20-2013 at 01:13 AM.

I deleted my previous 'routine' - I'm still working on it. I have a few things that need answering:
    - How does a mini cut fit into an overreaching cycle?
    - How does dynamic work affect workload / how does it contribute to overreaching?
    - Best way to avoid overreaching if necessary with a mini bulk/cut cycle? Maybe alternating between high/low perceived effort workouts...

The premise will still be:
    - 2 weeks bulk, 2 weeks cut
    - low carbing and supercompensating at the end of the cut cycle
    - volume / dynamic work during the bulk
    - higher intensity work during the cut to make neural improvements...

Weight: 85.9kg

Deadlift: 3 x 5 x 150kg -- had more in tank

Military press: 5 x 5 x 57.5kg -- ditto

Front squat: 3 x 6 x 80kg

Ab wheel standing: 3 x 6 x Red -- same as last time because my abs were still sore

My framework is going to be as I described above. This is the second week of bulking.

Programming is going to revolve around up to 3 lines of progression per lift with varying volume/fatigue/intensity tradeoffs:
    - 4 x 8
    - 5 x 5
    - 5 x 3
    - optionally: higher rep sets across for prehab
    - optionally: dynamic work if required. I am still deciding where to put DE - might be useful on cut days.

Deadlift will be: 3x5 and 3x3

Each line of progression will follow the usual linear periodisation: ramp up weight and reset on stall. Overall fatigue will be assessed on a day by day basis and the percieved effort for the day will be chosen according to current goals (do I want to overreach or not)

I can pick any line of progression I choose on any given day. Will tend to favour volume when bulking and intensity when cutting. I advance when I can get all reps with no grinding. If I reset one lift, I may or may not choose to reset the others and/or the whole program (this is the closest I'll come to a deload).

Weight: 85.8kg

Back squat: 5 x 3 x 130kg

Bench press: 4 x 8 x 75kg

Stiff leg deadlift: 125kg: 8 -- stopped after first set due to a trap twinge, hopefully nothing...

Ab wheel standing: 3 x 7 x red

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice volume and good poundage, bro.! like those layouts..
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

nice volume and good poundage, bro.! like those layouts..
    Thanks man

I'm thinking that dynamic effort work will be a good option when cutting. It still impacts fatigue but not as much - and it will improve neural conditioning (esp. in deadlift and bench).

So my cuts will probably go like this:
    - RPT - retesting maxes by repping out at 90%, 81%, 72%
    - dynamic effort (probably 10x2) jump squat, deadlift, bench, pendlay, maybe push press or military press
    - Repeat previous 5x3 efforts (don't try to progress)

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn! Strong squat! I know understand better what represents Kg haha!

What is your PR on squat?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Damn! Strong squat! I know understand better what represents Kg haha!

What is your PR on squat?
    Thanks m8, I have tested 1RM at 145kg, could probably get 150 now.

Weight: 85.8 -- haven't really gained any weight during this phase...

Klokov press: 60kg 2, 2, 0, 2 -- very hard, never used this weight before so you could say it's a PR

Military press: 5 x 60kg, 10 x 50kg

Weighted pullup: 5 x 5 x 20kg

Skulls: 35kg: 15, 15, 12

Poundstone curls: 50 reps -- made my whole upper body glow like a light bulb.

Weight: 86.2kg

Power clean:
    3 x 60kg
    2 x 70kg
    1 x 80kg
    1 x 90kg
    3 x 80kg
    2 x 80kg
    2 x 82.5kg
    2 x 85kg -- this is about where the boundary is between a fast snappy clean and clumsy strenuous clean
    2 x 80kg

Front squat:
    8 x 80kg -- Taken from floor with power clean
    8 x 80kg -- Taken from rack after discovering new holes in the floor...!

Shrug: 2 x 20 x 120kg

This would be a good outside workout since my gym floor can't take even the rubber bumper plates... maybe do it again when the snow melts

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice cleans and fronts. It would be great to manage to rack them proper from clean in order do the fronts. That will be good goal for this cycle.

nice cleans and fronts. It would be great to manage to rack them proper from clean in order do the fronts. That will be good goal for this cycle.
    Thanks. My rack isn't perfect, if I do more than about 5 reps, I often lose my racking grip and have to switch to crossed arms - then I have to dump the bar or stagger into the rack with it.

Weight: 85.5kg -- huh?

Bench press: 5 x 5 x 87.5kg

Pendlay rows: 4 x 8 x 87.5kg

Ab wheel standing: 3 x 8 x red

Incline DB curl: 2 x 13 x 13kg

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just discovered this. I'm all in, subbed.
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hope you're doing well man, nice to see you still lifting. Especially front squatting + ab wheel. Hell yeah!
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

Originally Posted by CamLeslie View Post
    Just discovered this. I'm all in, subbed.
    Hi, Welcome to the lab

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    Hope you're doing well man, nice to see you still lifting. Especially front squatting + ab wheel. Hell yeah!
    Yeah, I went off it for a long while becaues I got bloodshot eyes - glad to have it back, all I really needed to do was stay in the higher rep ranges with a little assistance from the bands. Not going to remove the bands until I can do 3 x 15

Weight: 86.1kg

Felt a bit meh so kept volume low, actually turned out to be quite a good day

Deadlift: 3 x 3 x 162.5kg -- had another set in me

Military press: 4 x 8 x 52.5kg -- shoulder feeling better, had more

Skulls: 3 x 10 x 40kg

Rest day tomorrow, then 2 week cut coming up... shouldn't be too boring because I'm going to do RPT - so I should get an idea of my maxes by repping out with 90%

Weight: 85.7kg, 33.5'' waist, 7mm suprailiac.

First day of 2 week cut...

The plan for the first 4-5 days is to perform 3 sets of RPT on each of the main lifts (I am counting pendlay row as a main lift rather than pullups at the moment). I'll intersperse this with GPP. The idea is to gain some neural efficiency while I still have the energy for high intensity - and burn a lot of calories and eat some of them back (experiments in nutrient partitioning...)

Back squat:
    5 x 135kg -- rep PR
    6 x 122.5kg
    7 x 110kg

Bench press:
    6 x 95kg -- rep PR
    7 x 85kg
    10 x 75kg

Clean and push press: 20 singles with short rests between

Looks like my volume training has yielded some useful results. +2kg on calculated squat 1RM. Bench calculated 1RM equals my real 1RM. I may have had an extra rep in the tank too...
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 01-28-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Awesome PR:s Suffolk..It's impressive to achieve those while cutting too..it's not impossible but hard..

Awesome PR:s Suffolk..It's impressive to achieve those while cutting too..it's not impossible but hard..
    Thanks but I'm not really cutting yet... I ate normally yesterday so today's workout will be just like a normal bulking one. RPT deadlift later in the week will a little more taxing...

Weight: 85.2kg

Pendlay row:
    5 x 112.5kg .... +2kg to my calculated 1RM
    6 x 102.5kg
    7 x 92.5kg

Circuts x 5:
    3 x powerclean x 60kg
    10 x ab wheel (kneeling)
    10 x pushup
    7 x pullup

Zonked... deadlifting tomorrow

strong rowing, gonna do them myself at benchday the madcow style. going to copy that circuit, bro!

strong rowing, gonna do them myself at benchday the madcow style. going to copy that circuit, bro!
    It's a fricken killer - the pullups after doing the ab wheel make you feel like puking.

Weight: 85.5kg

Deadlift:
    5 x 167.5kg -- Rep PR, +4kg to calculated 1RM
    6 x 150kg
    7 x 132.5kg
    -- I videoed this but the stupid camera did it's usual trick of falling over after the first rep

Military press:
    4 x 67.5kg -- no rep PR. Maybe would have got it if traps weren't tired from DL
    5 x 60kg
    8 x 52.5kg

Some shrugs with bands

Light day

Bodyweight dips: 15, 13, 13, 12, 12

Bodyweight pullups: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Ab wheel kneeling: 16, 16

Poundstone curls: 20, 20, 20

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Light day

Bodyweight dips: 15, 13, 13, 12, 12

Bodyweight pullups: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Ab wheel kneeling: 16, 16

Poundstone curls: 20, 20, 20
    Lightweight baby . But on the other hand, the DL day was a monster day

Lightweight baby . But on the other hand, the DL day was a monster day
    Yeah. I feel fresh today as a result

Here comes the dynamic effort phase...

Weight: 85.1kg

Jump squats: 10 x 2 x 92.5kg

Behind the neck push press: 10 x 3 x 60kg -- only going to do these DE... the negative can hurt your shoulders if you go too heavy

Shrugs:
    15 x 100kg
    8 x 140kg
    5 x 160kg
    10 x 140kg

Weight 85.1kg

Bench press dynamic: 10 x 3 x 70kg -- about right. Any lighter and I would need chains

Barbell bent row dynamic:
    5 x 3 x 80kg -- bit light, whacking my stomach too hard
    5 x 3 x 82.5kg -- 85 next time
    -- I decided not to set down the bar between reps to bring stretch reflex into play

Squats: 30 x 60 - just to burn some calories

Cuban rotation: 17.5kg: 12, 12 -- a little heavy. Shoulders sore from push press.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome job on deadlifts That's heavy as hell lol

7mm suprailiac measurement? That is quite good.

Tbh, I'm jelly.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

those BTN presses were really awesome. But what's the difference between BTN and Klokov Presses? Is it the push moment?

Thanks guys. Yeah, there is no leg drive in Klokovs - and the grip width is wide like a snatch grip. BTNPP uses a narrower grip and as much leg drive as possible, it should be a lot heavier than your military press... but as I said, beware of the eccentric if you go heavy.

Weight: 84.7 - getting there. One more week of cutting...

Deadlift dynamic effort: 10 x 3 x 125kg -- easy but good low back pump

That marks the end of dynamic effort. Next up I'm going to be doing 3x5 with the weight that I'm due to use for 5x5 when I switch back to mass gain... so kinda greasing the groove.

Military press: 3 x 5 x 60kg -- easy enough. Only last rep showed signs of slowdown

Overhead carry: 40kg
    - 2 walks of 20 meters
    - 3 sets of 10 stepups onto a diving board

This is just awesome, it works the entire shoulder area and I imagine it will be great for strength and injury resistance. Plus it's a bit of cardio. My mistake previously was going too heavy. This is better.

Thanks guys. Yeah, there is no leg drive in Klokovs - and the grip width is wide like a snatch grip. BTNPP uses a narrower grip and as much leg drive as possible, it should be a lot heavier than your military press... but as I said, beware of the eccentric if you go heavy.
    I'll definitely pick up klokovs and/or BTN when I'm doing volumes again..

Weight: 84.7 - getting there. One more week of cutting...

Deadlift dynamic effort: 10 x 3 x 125kg -- easy but good low back pump

That marks the end of dynamic effort. Next up I'm going to be doing 3x5 with the weight that I'm due to use for 5x5 when I switch back to mass gain... so kinda greasing the groove.

Military press: 3 x 5 x 60kg -- easy enough. Only last rep showed signs of slowdown

Overhead carry: 40kg
    - 2 walks of 20 meters
    - 3 sets of 10 stepups onto a diving board

This is just awesome, it works the entire shoulder area and I imagine it will be great for strength and injury resistance. Plus it's a bit of cardio. My mistake previously was going too heavy. This is better.
    yeah, I got an impression that you have a home gym with an option do some of the excersises outdoors? Mirin' those presses, man..