Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thepatbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jgood View Post
    The only lifts that I will straight up say need to be in a routine are squats and deadlifts
    Thanks for the explanation. I like your flavor neighbor. I completely agree with you. Squats and Deadlifts are the only musts in my opinion also. Have you ever heard of the Russian power lifter who wrote a couple articles claiming that the only important lifts were squat, deadlift, and bench? He states that if you lift right and heavy, you work out every muscle group with these three lifts alone. I can't remember his name though.

Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO powercleans are worth it, its my favorite lift by far

My verticals gone through the roof as has my speed

used to not be able to get rim, now can get 2 inches above it, and I raced my black friend who used to be able to smoke me in a race and I now i can beat him

probably a combo of pcleans,deadlifts and wrestling imo

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thepatbrown View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I like your flavor neighbor. I completely agree with you. Squats and Deadlifts are the only musts in my opinion also. Have you ever heard of the Russian power lifter who wrote a couple articles claiming that the only important lifts were squat, deadlift, and bench? He states that if you lift right and heavy, you work out every muscle group with these three lifts alone. I can't remember his name though.
    imagine that ... a POWERLIFTER says the only lifts you need are bench, squat, and deadlift.

anyways the more i read these damn threads on cleans the more im losing faith in humanity.

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dolphinsfan270 View Post
    Yea I do... I know how its performed but I cant because I just dont want to spend the time looking up dozens of videos and waste 2-3 valuable training weeks with a broom stick perfecting it before I even start with a barbell, then I still gotta take another 2-3 weeks till I even get to 100 lbs. I would rather be doing box jumps or trap bar jumps or many many other variations that I dont have to spend weeks perfecting the techniques.
    if you need 3 weeks to learn how to clean then sports are not for you. A good coach can teach you in 20 min AT MOST, but since we're all athletes it should take even less.

I've read somewhere that if you're having problem with the jumping phase and the triple extension, just think that you deadlift the bar in slow motion, once it gets past the knee, you jump. really helped me at least.

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by thepatbrown View Post
    BTW. what are triple extensions?
    Well I used the word triple extension. But I know your kidding

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea I do... I know how its performed but I cant because I just dont want to spend the time looking up dozens of videos and waste 2-3 valuable training weeks with a broom stick perfecting it before I even start with a barbell, then I still gotta take another 2-3 weeks till I even get to 100 lbs. I would rather be doing box jumps or trap bar jumps or many many other variations that I dont have to spend weeks perfecting the techniques.
    You contradicted yourself. You said you know how it's performed and then you went on saying you've never practiced it and you won't do it.

So again, you never have been taught properly... your input is useless.

Hmm that box jump sentence you wrote sounds familiar...where have I seen that before...oh, right, Joe's website! Keep nut hugging kid, it won't get you anywhere in life.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    you didnt mention anything about triple extension... so basically you have no idea what you're talking about
    Most Oly lifters (Especially good ones) DO NOT conciously triple extend.... So why would you tell him hes wrong, for not telling us something we don't need to think about??? lol and He wasn't trying to teach the exercise, He was discussing aspects that made the movement feel more beneficial/ explosive for him... Its not nice to insult people like that, especially if they're right lol
    http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=2385

30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Problem with the Oly lifts is that without knowledgeable person watching you for a few days its hard to nail down the form. Sure you can get the motion down but the purpose of these exercises is to build explosion and if if your decently strong you can muscle up a lot of weight without using your hips to explode. I believe they do help alot BUT there are other things you can do to substitute and see the same gains. Like on poster was saying box jumps, plyo routines, med ball explosion exercises, KB among other things can get you the same explosion as Oly Lifts. Im speaking from personal experience and the people I train. Ive seen the results and we perform no Oly Lifts.