indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can too much veggies kick me out of ketosis?

Duruing my first few weeks in ketosis, i barely ate any veggies and my caloric intake went up significantly since i was eating a lot more to get full. Since last week, i am eating veggies with almost every meal. I am eating a lot of broccolo, cauliflower, dill/cucumber, onions which help me get full faster. My only concern is that all these vegetables contain small amounts of carbs/sugar, and might throw me out of ketosis. On top of veggies, i snack on almonds almost the whole days (at home/work) and that is my only other source of carbs.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well eating your veggies is always a good idea. however for keto it can either make or breeak the diet, i personally went ahead and bought a carb, fat, protein, and calorie counter book, like for an atkins diet and use the seving sizes put in that book for my veggies. unless your gorging yourself in vegitables you should be fine.
    i hope i was some help to you

villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    but more than 25-40 carbs(not sure on exact amount of allowable carbs, i go with 30 max) from any source will knock you out of ketosis

indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is that 25-40 carbs spread over the day or 1 meal. Like for lunch today i had lots of green salad(lettuce) and a grilled zucchini. I think 1 zucchini has 7carbs/2sugars. I dont thnk i go over 10g carbs(from veggies ofcourse) in a single meal.

Originally Posted by villie View Post
    but more than 25-40 carbs(not sure on exact amount of allowable carbs, i go with 30 max) from any source will knock you out of ketosis

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I challenge you to eat enough broccoli, lettuce and spinach to affect your weight loss efforts.

Try it.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

well its not exactly broccolo/lettuce/spinach that i am worried about. i am more concerned about non leafy/cruciferous vegetables such as onions/cucumbers/zucchini when eaten in huge amounts. As i said i had a grilled zucchini for lunch and i could've eaten atleast 4-5 more but was unsure if it would have any effects on ketosis.

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    I challenge you to eat enough broccoli, lettuce and spinach to affect your weight loss efforts.

Try it.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ketosis is a side effect. Would it have fit in your macros and caloric intake goals?
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by indianguy View Post
    well its not exactly broccolo/lettuce/spinach that i am worried about. i am more concerned about non leafy/cruciferous vegetables such as onions/cucumbers/zucchini when eaten in huge amounts. As i said i had a grilled zucchini for lunch and i could've eaten atleast 4-5 more but was unsure if it would have any effects on ketosis.
    I be somewhat wary of onions/cucumbers/zucchini. I stick with broccoli. But as was mentioned earlier, I don't think you can hinder weight loss by eating too many vegetables (at least not without trying too!)