Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gomieffect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gomieffect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gomieffect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to correct lower crossed syndrome, anterior pelvic tilt and lordosis

Just wanted to ask what are the best exercises/methods in correcting lower crossed syndrome, anterior pelvic tilt and lordosis. I constantly get lower back pain just from walking.
    "Hard work pays off"

irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gomieffect View Post
    Just wanted to ask what are the best exercises/methods in correcting lower crossed syndrome, anterior pelvic tilt and lordosis. I constantly get lower back pain just from walking.
    Deadlifts, leg curls and abs. You need to strength your hams. I know someone with the same issue.

Also stretch your hip flexors
    My bike has an unfair advantage, I'm on it.

Racing for Aprilia of Detroit 2010

$~Big Money Baller Crew~$
    **The Irish KRUW**
    *Bulging biceps bodygroup*
    *300lbs Bench press crew* 12/12/09

Before/After Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120695391&highlight=bioforge

gomieffect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gomieffect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gomieffect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks irish.

Regarding hip stretches, any specific kinds?
    "Hard work pays off"

irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishpitbull has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks irish.

Regarding hip stretches, any specific kinds?

Or if you do a google search, you will get a bunch.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

How long would it typically take to correct this? I've been lifting since high school, always worked with good form...but I never really worked my abs out as hard as, say, my back muscles.
    "Hard work pays off"

How long would it typically take to correct this? I've been lifting since high school, always worked with good form...but I never really worked my abs out as hard as, say, my back muscles.
    I guess it depends on how bad it is. If it is over 35 degrees you can have surgery on it.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

Registered User TripleChinPauli's Avatar
    TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Deadlifts, leg curls and abs. You need to strength your hams. I know someone with the same issue.

Also stretch your hip flexors
    I'm pretty much sure you shouldnt listen to this. Except for the hip flexors. You'll probably have to learn to hold your back straigth, especially when sitting.

Lay off the lower back exercice and the crunches for a while. Hanging leg raises are very good for the anterior pelvic tilt though. You should completely stop the deadlifts until you fix this in my opinion.

I can't post links so : chect out this article on the t-nation website

Pain Free Lower Body Posture
    by Dr. Clay Hyght

It will answer quite a few questions. Hips flexors and glutes are the key.
    Last edited by TripleChinPauli; 03-31-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Originally Posted by TripleChinPauli View Post
    I'm pretty much sure you shouldnt listen to this. Except for the hip flexors. You'll probably have to learn to hold your back straigth, especially when sitting.

Lay off the lower back exercice and the crunches for a while. Hanging leg raises are very good for the anterior pelvic tilt though. You should completely stop the deadlifts until you fix this in my opinion.

I can't post links so : chect out this article on the t-nation website

Pain Free Lower Body Posture
    by Dr. Clay Hyght

It will answer quite a few questions. Hips flexors and glutes are the key.
    All my info is from a certified physical therapist. Doing a simple search of the subject will give him the same answers I provided. Glut, hams, and planks all need to strengthened.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

So I cannot do deadlifts or ab exercises?
    "Hard work pays off"

So I cannot do deadlifts or ab exercises?
    Not doing abs (reverse crunches, planks, leglifts) is just bad advise. Not dead lifting (huge glut exercise) Squats is another one you need to do.

There is also hunderds of vids on youtube on the subject from PT's.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

Ok great, not doing deadlifts (my fav exercise) would kill my week. So the word is: do ab, squat and deadlift workouts.

Good thing since I do these already.
    "Hard work pays off"

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude, Neanderthal No More over at T-Nation.

Whole workout designed to correct all of those.

Also see, "Deconstructing Computer Guy" there.
    *No Crew*

Ok great, not doing deadlifts (my fav exercise) would kill my week. So the word is: do ab, squat and deadlift workouts.

Good thing since I do these already.
    While dead lifting focus on keeping you back straight and activating you gluts.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TripleChinPauli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All my info is from a certified physical therapist. Doing a simple search of the subject will give him the same answers I provided. Glut, hams, and planks all need to strengthened.
    I don't agree with you with abs and deadlifts. (refering to your first post about abs which is misleading)

It is very important that he focuses on glutes and hips flexors. Training hams and the transverse abdominus muscle (TVA) is also recommended. Forget about crunches, do some hanging leg raises and planks.

In his current condition, deadlifts will make him very prone to injury. He won’t be able to squeeze his glutes during Squats & Deadlifts . This puts more stress on your lower back and hamstrings.
    Last edited by TripleChinPauli; 03-31-2010 at 12:30 PM.

I don't agree with you with abs and deadlifts. (refering to your first post about abs which is misleading)

It is very important that he focuses on glutes and hips flexors. Training hams and the transverse abdominus muscle (TVA) is also recommended. Forget about crunches, do some hanging leg raises and planks.

In his current condition, deadlifts will make him very prone to injury. He won’t be able to squeeze his glutes during Squats & Deadlifts . This puts more stress on your lower back and hamstrings.
    From my research on the subject both standard and sumo dead lifting should be part of the routine to fix this. Learning to keep the back straight and building those week muscles is the only way to fix it.

Plus he has already been doing them with no issues.
    Last edited by irishpitbull; 03-31-2010 at 12:38 PM.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

Plus he has already been doing them with no issues.
    Good point.

In my own experience, I got injured twice trying to get the form right on those deadlifts until I realized I just coudn't do them right because of those damn tight muscles.

Now that I've been stretching them alot, I guess I should give it another try.

Thanks everyone for your inputs so far, appreciate it.

I've always incorporated deadlifts and squats into my workout due to wrestling, and I am a firm believer of compound exercises (bench, deadlifts, squats, etc.). However, I always had soreness and/or pain whenever I walked and, although I have abs, I would notice that my stomach would protrude and that my back always felt uneven.
    "Hard work pays off"

Thanks everyone for your inputs so far, appreciate it.

I've always incorporated deadlifts and squats into my workout due to wrestling, and I am a firm believer of compound exercises (bench, deadlifts, squats, etc.). However, I always had soreness and/or pain whenever I walked and, although I have abs, I would notice that my stomach would protrude and that my back always felt uneven.
    I just realized that you said you had not only lordosis, but also lower back pain.

I maintain what I said earlier. Lay off the deadlifts (or at least drop weight) for a few weeks and stretch those mucles hard at least every other day.

Read the articles we mentionned too.

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    Dude, Neanderthal No More over at T-Nation.

Whole workout designed to correct all of those.

Also see, "Deconstructing Computer Guy" there.
    this x100

those guys deserve major, major props for the Neanderthal no more. And I've heard good things about de-constructing computer guy too
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

Originally Posted by azzuk23 View Post
    this x100

those guys deserve major, major props for the Neanderthal no more. And I've heard good things about de-constructing computer guy too
    just read this, very good. There is 2 parts.

**The Irish KRUW**

Before/After Log

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is no way to avoid working your glutes during squats and DL's. I don't care if you have the ****tiest APT or your glutes are "asleep" or whatever crap trainers and therapists like to claim, that **** is still being worked hard or else your hips wouldn't extend. Getting stronger on these lifts will also require them to work harder and therefore become stronger.

You can do your squats and DL's and also work on correcting posture at the same time. Of course if you have severe APT you may have to consciously think about your hip tilt and controlling it while you're setting up to lift, in order to not injure your lower back.

maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Alot of good stuff here... thanks guys.
    I have a feeling that I also suffer from this... How can I know for sure if I have anterior pelvic tilt (APT)??
    I've been suffering from lower back pain and though I was diagnose with a disc herniation in my L4-L5 I'm also aware that muscle imbalances can be aggravating my back.
    Please let me know what to look for to asses if I have APT.
    I already began my stretches and will start working out on my glutes, lower abs and hams.
    I have also stop squatting, deadlifting and doing anything that puts my lower back in stress.
    I understand that sitting for long periods of time is one of the causes for APT. What else can cause APT???

Any advise will be appreciated.

TIA,

maguirre

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would take your concerns/questions to a licensed medical professional who can give you a proper diagnosis and recommend a course of action to correct any problems you may have.

As smart as some people here seem, as much googling they do on your behalf, as much as people say "I have the same thing and..." or "I know a guy who has the same thing, and..", as much as people want to help you, none of them are licensed medical professionals. (And if there are any licensed medical personnel offering advice in an internet forum without any sort of exam, I would certainly question their credibility).

Using the internet to look up how best to stop a nosebleed, or the best way to stretch out your shoulders is fine and dandy. But some as serious as "lower back pain just from walking," deserves a visit to the doctor.
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The anterior tilt and lordosis is pretty much down to tight hip flexors pulling on the pelvis --> http://laurensfitness.com/2007/12/24...r-hip-flexors/

Some simple dynamic stretching will go along way --> http://stronglifts.com/7-dynamic-str...-hip-mobility/.

If possible some tennis ball work can be done, but it will be extremely painful to start --> http://laurensfitness.com/2008/02/29...-3-upper-body/

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    One question i would have thought someone wouldve asked...

Is the lordosis structural or postural?

alphabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long does it take to fix?

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    One question i would have thought someone wouldve asked...

Is the lordosis structural or postural?
    both
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why can't you people use the search function, I did a post on this NOT two days ago;

Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    I have it atm it makes my ass look huge and my abs stick out (looks like a mini gh gut lol)

I guess your supposed to cure lordosis by doing:

Leg Curls
    Working abs (I never train abs and it came back to haunt me)
    Hip Stretches
    Lower Back Stretches
    Glute Bridges

But i was wondering if anybody has actually been successful here of curing lordosis? I hope i can get rid of it within a 6 months to a year.
    Originally Posted by NIguy View Post
    The spine has a natural lordosis - so everyone with a healthy spine and posture will have lordosis. I assume you mean excessive lordosis i.e. anterior pelvic tilt or posterior pelvic tilt, and if so then yes I have had it.
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Yes i have excessive lordosis. How did you get rid of it?
    Originally Posted by NIguy View Post
    Ok, it is likely that your lordosis is a result of muscular imbalances, some muscles are stronger than they should be and others are weaker which pulls your pelvis out of line. This picture shows what your problem is and which regions are to blame;

i.e. those muscles that pull/push the pelvis into anterior lordiotic tilt are strong/tight - lower back, quads, hipflexors. Whilst those muscles that pull/push the pelvis back are weak/loose - hamstrings, (glutes sometimes although not in my case), and the abdominals.

What you need to do - regularly
    ...stretch those muscles that are strong/tight to make them longer, and strengthen those muscles that are weak/loose to make them stronger and tighter. If the muscles that control pelvis alignment are properly/evenly developed they will pull the pelvis into a neutral position. You should be stretching the strong/tight muscles whilst strengthening the weak/loose ones in conjunction for maximum benefit.

In summary
    You need to loosen;
    -hip flexors; (hip flexor stretch, bird dog stretch)
    -quads; easy to stretch, pull your leg back
    -back/erectors; tricky one, you don't want to stretch it too much, maybe lay off exercises that specifically target this area, change squat style to a High bar if need be.

You need to strengthen;
    -transverse abdominal; provides support for the lower back - you need to do these (planks, vacuums - you must contract your pelvic floor muscle during these exercises for maximum effect)
    -Hamstrings - Isolation exercises, hamstring curl etc to tighten them.

A MUST READ;
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._force_couples

Further resources;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...pr03/howto.cfm
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Posture.html
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^many have excess lordosis but other then the above not much you can do to lesson the curve it';s just your makeup.

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just read this, very good. There is 2 parts.
    Actually, it's five parts and includes two workout programs. Very good stuff.

Part 1: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...no_more_part_i
    Part 2: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...o_more_part_ii
    Part 3: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...al_no_more_iii
    Part 4: http://www.t-nation.com/article/perf...o_more_part_iv
    Part 5: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=535872

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thread is 5 months old.