maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with maintenance calories.....

I've been playing with the calculator linked below to find my maintenance.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

However, I'm not sure what to put for my exercise level, and that variable can really affect the maintenance number.

I lift weights 3-4 times per week and do cardio (run/jog) about twice per week. I also do Ab Ripper X every other night.

Besides my exercise, I sit at a desk all day.

Having said that, what would I put for exercise level?
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

####Working on Madcow's 5x5####

Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mate, **** the calculators

Enter a diet that gets you enough protein and healthy fats, fill in the rest of calories with good carbs.

Start off at say.. 2500 calories?

Stick to that diet and your exercising for 3-4 weeks , check your body measurements and weight at the start, then check it again afterwards, if your measurements are the same and weight is relatively the same, There's your maintenance, if your losing weight, add in 200 more cals and if your gaining weight, drop the calories back a bit.

Calculators are a ESTIMATE, only real way to find out is to try it.
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ

ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Mate, **** the calculators

Enter a diet that gets you enough protein and healthy fats, fill in the rest of calories with good carbs.

Start off at say.. 2500 calories?

Stick to that diet and your exercising for 3-4 weeks , check your body measurements and weight at the start, then check it again afterwards, if your measurements are the same and weight is relatively the same, There's your maintenance, if your losing weight, add in 200 more cals and if your gaining weight, drop the calories back a bit.

Calculators are a ESTIMATE, only real way to find out is to try it.
    ^^ Good to see you're from the Gold Coast mate

To the OP, I'm 6'4 too and I'm eating 3,100 a day with a split of 40/35/25 thats carb, protein and fat. As Ryan said, start at 2,500cals then see where you're at 4 weeks later. It's not difficult