BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is cardio necessary to be cut?

I'm about 6'0 and 180 and have a good physique. I lift hard 4-5x a week and follow a fairly strict diet. However, I can't stand cardio!! I try to jumprope before breakfast but just stopped, couldn't stand it. So my question is, is cardio necessary? Is there any advice on a minimum amount of cardio I need to do per week or the type of exercises?

Thanks

cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    depends on the person, so I would say no. However, most people need cardio to stay lean.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by csaltiel View Post
    I'm about 6'0 and 180 and have a good physique. I lift hard 4-5x a week and follow a fairly strict diet. However, I can't stand cardio!! I try to jumprope before breakfast but just stopped, couldn't stand it. So my question is, is cardio necessary? Is there any advice on a minimum amount of cardio I need to do per week or the type of exercises?

Thanks
    Short answer: Nope. Let the diet do the work.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks

Nope, I know abunch of guys that dont do cardio and are floating around 8% bodyfat easy, they have a high metabolism though is why. I like doing cardio so i do it and i get to eat more to make up for it but yeah if you have a high metabolism then its not necessary
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
    depends on the person, so I would say no. However, most people need cardio to stay lean.
    this.

if you're not getting cut on your current routine, then gotta up the cardio/reduce calories.

some people (not me) are lucky in that they do little to no cardio and can be lean.

pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pkells1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No.

/thread

BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks
    You do not need Cardio to lose weight, what you need is a Calorie Deficit. However cardio have lots of health benefits to it and it could also help you to create a calorie deficit without cutting to much food.

Besides there is so much more thing you could do instead of going into a treadmill such as Boxing or martial arts or sports.

Personally i do Thai Boxing as my main form of Cardio 3-4 times a week. I also do Max-OT Cardio which i really love see http://ast-ss.com/information/?p=17

BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10) BSBully is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, can someone give me a good short cardio routine I can do pwo?

cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, can someone give me a good short cardio routine I can do pwo?
    just switch your cardio up each day. (Treadmill, Elliptical, Bike, Stepper) for 20-30 minutes or however long you feel like you should do it.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What the previous poster said was good. I hate cardio as well, but the health benefits and the idea of staying fairly lean during my bulk are two huge factors that greatly outweigh the boringness of it. I just switch it up. I might do 15 mins on the treadmill and then 15 mins on the bike. Or 15 mins on the bike and 15 mins walking around the track. Sometimes I will do intervals (HIIT) if I have worked a smaller muscle group (shoulders or abs). The HIIT usually only takes me about 20 mins. I will do a 5 min warmup and then do 10-12 sprints on the bike at a 15 second sprint with a 45 second crawl. Then a 5 minute cool down.

Your diet can keep you lean, but cardio can be helpful if you know that you won't be 100% disciplined. Also, cardio is just plain healthy.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.