followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do you know if you're overtraining?

What standards do you apply to see if you're overtraining? When you're in the gym and lifting the weights, what do you keep an eye out for to make sure that you're not pushing yourself too hard?

I believe I may be overtraining and need some advice on how to avoid it. Preferably, very practical advise that I can apply in the gym.
    My Starting Strength journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476695911#post476695911

I'm a video editor! | See my latest videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/thejapanesechallenge

buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100)
    personally, i notice when i see drops in my weights and i have trouble sleeping
    if the next week i go into the gym doing a less weight than the week before with increased difficulty than its a good sign for me to do a deload and change things up

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your strenght goes down you are probably overtraining. AFAIK.

followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How hard should I push myself during lifts?
    My Starting Strength journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476695911#post476695911

I'm a video editor! | See my latest videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/thejapanesechallenge

buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by followme View Post
    How hard should I push myself during lifts?
    as hard as you can...
    limit your volume by knocking off a set or two each day
    also, you have to make sure you have plenty of rest between workouts, by this i mean dont do chest every 2 days if your pounding the **** out of it

nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay - Overtraining is a state tat your BODY gets into not your mind!
    It's mainly manifested in weight training by your body cnabilising it's muscles tissue to use as energy . IMO It's quite difficult to overtrain if you are eating right and training right

With that clear, tell tell signs can be:

- Inability to complete workouts
    - Super exhaustion
    - Trouble sleeping
    - Mild depression
    - Significant drop in weight being used.

Usually the best solution is to increase calories or if cutting, you may need to decrease your cardio and or Weight training volume.
    "You may feel you are building muscle, you can be working hard, sweating, getting tired and sore, but unless you are sending the right code to the body, you are going to be disappointed in your results" - Arnold (The Encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding)