Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

18%-10% BF in 8 weeks: My log

Hey everyone, currently I weigh 195 lbs and have 18-19% bf. Been hovering in this range for a while, have done small diet adjustments, but no significant gains or losses have been observed. I have recently contacted Alex Wasyl, he will be providing me with nutrition information over the next 4-8 weeks. My goals, to reach 10% bf and maintain much muscle possible. I will be training 5-6 times a week, doing cardio 4x a week. I will upload some pictures within the next few days for an before and after comparison in future. Also, I will be frequently updating this thread for motivation and advice. For those of who who want to know about Alex Wasyl, and his work please visit his website, www.fitnessbyalex.com.

hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiimvik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gl luck. Would definitely like to hear about the diet/supplement and workout program.

breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breadfan1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck and stay motivated.
    Never let anything stop you, but make sure everything motivates you.

Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hiimvik View Post
    gl luck. Would definitely like to hear about the diet/supplement and workout program.
    Thank you, I do not want to divulge too much information. But I can give an overview of the diet, my macro, 250 grams protein, 75-150grams of carbs and less than 30 grams of fat. Not sure on calorie count though, will find that out tomorrow. Workout program I devised myself, currently a three day split, chest/tris/abs, back/shoulders, legs/biceps. Will be doing high intensity cardio, since I get bored easily when on a treadmill/elliptical longer than 20 minutes.

Originally Posted by breadfan1982 View Post
    Good luck and stay motivated.
    Thank you, doing my best to keep motivation high, usually always dies out after the first week/second week, not going to let that happen this time
    "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when the storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did,. "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"- The Count of Monte Cristo

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

Second day went well. The crappy weather in New England area made everything depressing. Took a break from training routine for today, my shoulders were sore from yesterday's workout, legs/biceps, no idea why. Instead of doing chest/tris went on treadmill ran 4 miles in 35 minutes then did some Ab exercises. Will do chest/tris tomorrow. Kind of liking the diet, eating more food than used to on a cut. Hopefully post pictures within the next few days.
    "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when the storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did,. "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"- The Count of Monte Cristo

Another great day in the gym, today routine chest and triceps. Eating 2000 calories, more than use to on a cut so I feel energetic than usual. My rep scheme for compound lifts 5x5 and 4x8 for isolation. My strength went up on incline bench, was able to lift 235 for 4 reps, needed help with the fifth. Last week I barely lifted 235 three times. Tomorrow my main compound exercise will be dead lifts, not one my favorites haha.

nkjordan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man...looks like we have very similar stats and goals at this point. I dropped from 210 to roughly 193 right now. I'm built very similar to you as well. Pretty muscular and athletic, just got lazy and let the pounds pile on. Ive been going at it for 8 weeks now and hit the gym pretty hard. Unfortunately, I work out at the apartment complex where the dumbbells only go up to 50 and theres one machine to sim other exercises. Have to improvise a lot, but I'm making it work with lots of cardio incorporated.

I'll be checking your logs to see your progress. Give me some motivation haha...best of luck to ya...

Originally Posted by Italiantank26 View Post
    Another great day in the gym, today routine chest and triceps. Eating 2000 calories, more than use to on a cut so I feel energetic than usual. My rep scheme for compound lifts 5x5 and 4x8 for isolation. My strength went up on incline bench, was able to lift 235 for 4 reps, needed help with the fifth. Last week I barely lifted 235 three times. Tomorrow my main compound exercise will be dead lifts, not one my favorites haha.
    2/8/10 - 210.2
    2/15/10 - 208.2
    2/22/10 - 205.4
    3/1/10 - 202.8
    3/8/10 - 202.6
    3/15/10 - 198.0
    3/22/10 - 199.2 (Out of town with a full weekend of drinking and eating terribly)
    3/23/10 - 197.0
    3/30/10 - 193.8
    4/5/10 -
    4/12/10 -
    4/19/10 -

Originally Posted by nkjordan23 View Post
    Hey man...looks like we have very similar stats and goals at this point. I dropped from 210 to roughly 193 right now. I'm built very similar to you as well. Pretty muscular and athletic, just got lazy and let the pounds pile on. Ive been going at it for 8 weeks now and hit the gym pretty hard. Unfortunately, I work out at the apartment complex where the dumbbells only go up to 50 and theres one machine to sim other exercises. Have to improvise a lot, but I'm making it work with lots of cardio incorporated.

I'll be checking your logs to see your progress. Give me some motivation haha...best of luck to ya...
    Glad to have your support, It will difficult trying to add mass with DBs only going up to 50lbs. I thought my gym only having 80lb DB was bad! If you need any advice or information let me know. Definitely not an expert in nutrition or bodybuilding, but I can share my experiences.

A good workout today. I did a 5x5 routine for dead-lifts, ended up with maxing out at 305, got all 5 reps in. An improvement from last week, only able to do 305, for 3 reps. Did some DB presses, struggling a little bit with shoulders. Energy levels were down most of the day. Surprisingly, once I had 3 scoops of Jack3d and started dead lifting, my energy went right up.

Week 1 down, 7 more left. I officially started my diet last Monday, and weighed myself at 189 on Friday, down 2 lbs. Very happy with the results, but after Friday everything went sour haha. Being Easter weekend, went a little overboard and completely neglected my diet. Saturday morning I ran for an hour, and the good news, for the first time in about 2 months, I went a full weekend without touching alcohol. Usually every weekend, being in college, I go out drinking but this has hurt my gains way to much. Hopefully the Easter weekend didn't affect my diet too much.

Today was chest/tris. Bench press routine 5x5, started off at 245, increased every set by 10lbs, ending at 285. Was able to get 285 up three times myself w/o help, spotter helped me a little on the 4th, and more on the 5th rep. Did a few triceps exercises and incline DB press 4x8. Ran 3 miles in 27 minutes, pace varying. Ran more than usual due to the excessive eating over the weekend.

P.S. If anyone wants to criticize my lifting routine or provide tips, please do.

Registered User Fitness_By_Alex's Avatar
    Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitness_By_Alex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Italiantank26 View Post
    Week 1 down, 7 more left. I officially started my diet last Monday, and weighed myself at 189 on Friday, down 2 lbs. Very happy with the results, but after Friday everything went sour haha. Being Easter weekend, went a little overboard and completely neglected my diet. Saturday morning I ran for an hour, and the good news, for the first time in about 2 months, I went a full weekend without touching alcohol. Usually every weekend, being in college, I go out drinking but this has hurt my gains way to much. Hopefully the Easter weekend didn't affect my diet too much.

Today was chest/tris. Bench press routine 5x5, started off at 245, increased every set by 10lbs, ending at 285. Was able to get 285 up three times myself w/o help, spotter helped me a little on the 4th, and more on the 5th rep. Did a few triceps exercises and incline DB press 4x8. Ran 3 miles in 27 minutes, pace varying. Ran more than usual due to the excessive eating over the weekend.

P.S. If anyone wants to criticize my lifting routine or provide tips, please do.
    Subbed. Keep up the good work brother! I'm happy with your progress so far. I'm sure once you recovery from the holiday weekend you will start to see even faster progress!

-Alex
    - www.fitnessbyalex.com -
    - www.modelmayhem.com/alexwasyl -

**http://blog.bodybuilding.com/Fitness_By_Alex**