40man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 40man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat, Forty, and Ready

I'm an ex-college athlete with a happy life...lots of kids, a great marriage, and career. Now that I'm set in these areas, I'm ready to finally treat my body right. I've enjoyed these forums off and on for years: watching photos of people as they progress is very encouraging. I certainly have the willpower and dedication level to succeed here once I finally start. Like most gigantic tasks, it's starting that is difficult, but now I'm ready.

My main goals are to lose the flab (I'm about 6'10", 295 pounds and out of shape), tone up, and look good. I have no aspirations to "go pro", just to live a healthy life and look great/feel great.

I plan on taking pix as I go, of course and will post them once I have noticeable improvement (too embarrassed to post right now, to be honest).

I'm looking for a start...you guys are the experts, perhaps a few of you out there have started down this road already and have some advice. I'm all ears and thanks for the encouragement, advice, and friendship!

--40man

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 40man View Post
    I'm an ex-college athlete with a happy life...lots of kids, a great marriage, and career. Now that I'm set in these areas, I'm ready to finally treat my body right. I've enjoyed these forums off and on for years: watching photos of people as they progress is very encouraging. I certainly have the willpower and dedication level to succeed here once I finally start. Like most gigantic tasks, it's starting that is difficult, but now I'm ready.

My main goals are to lose the flab (I'm about 6'10", 295 pounds and out of shape), tone up, and look good. I have no aspirations to "go pro", just to live a healthy life and look great/feel great.

I plan on taking pix as I go, of course and will post them once I have noticeable improvement (too embarrassed to post right now, to be honest).

I'm looking for a start...you guys are the experts, perhaps a few of you out there have started down this road already and have some advice. I'm all ears and thanks for the encouragement, advice, and friendship!

--40man

Here is a good place to start with training. Get a diet plan and get going.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000) hope2bme is just really nice. (+1000)

--40man
    Congratulations on begining this new challenge in your life! Definately take lots of pix as those can be very helpful and uplifting...especially on those days when you just don't feel like anything is happening!
    Good luck with your goals and can't wait to see some progress pix!
    "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
    The Princess Bride

"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." ~ James A. Michener

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121303391
    Does this journal make my butt look big?!?

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good job getting motivated. Now go do it. Do something today to take a step toward your goal. Even if you simply eat a smaller dinner. Do something.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)
    do take some pics now before you start. They will provide motivation down the road when you will most likely need it to keep going. compare the pics every few months to see results. Track your calories for a few weeks to see where you are at. If you're not losing weight in a month adjust calories to make it happen. nothing drastic just maybe 3-400 at a time. Shoot for -2lbs/week. We(over 35) are a wealth of knowledge and support. Read the" Losing Fat" stickies also -good info there. Now go do it!!!!
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pics > calipers > mirror > scale > opinions from family > empty compliments from associates... Good luck!
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    CONGRATS on getting started and Best of luck... I'm only about 5 months ahead of you!

One rep for motivation on it's way...

Back in October I was 44, fat, and ready!

........................March 15th 2010.............................................. ............October 12th 2009.....................

Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist

heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavywt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Good for you - and welcome! Now let's go do some work!!!

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do it man!

It's always great seeing success stories from people who stick with it.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

40man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 40man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks all.

I'm taking Picture #1 today (Easter Sunday) and starting up right away.

Sure appreciate the encouragement and expertise; they both mean a lot.

40man

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks all.

I'm taking Picture #1 today (Easter Sunday) and starting up right away.

Sure appreciate the encouragement and expertise; they both mean a lot.

40man
    Good luck! You'll find this place great for those that abide by the adage that God helps those who help themselves

Get your diet nailed and post it for critique

Same with your exercise routine.

Expect positive criticism and a gentle boot up the ass if you deserve it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW