xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Drinking egg whites vs cooking them

What's better?also how much better is one from the other?

CT Hockey Advocate WheyneNewton's Avatar
    WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    don't drink raw egg whites it wil lead to biotin deficiency, if you're talking about the pasteurized eggs from the carton you can drink those, no difference health wise between cooking or drinking.

xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiv3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ohh alright it was the pasteurized ones

TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think I read somewhere that your body can better break down and utilize the protein sources from a cooked egg (scrambled, etc) versus just drinking a raw egg - So technically drinking the raw egg would be "worse."

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    raw eggs are only 50% bioavailable protein wise vs 90+% cooked.. search for a source, been posted plenty of times
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

CT Hockey Advocate WheyneNewton's Avatar
    WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WheyneNewton is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by genepool View Post
    raw eggs are only 50% bioavailable protein wise vs 90+% cooked.. search for a source, been posted plenty of times
    if he's talking about the pasteurized eggs in the carton it should be about the same percent bioavailable because the pasteurization process is essentially heating it, no?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by webbos View Post
    if he's talking about the pasteurized eggs in the carton it should be about the same percent bioavailable because the pasteurization process is essentially heating it, no?
    The pasteurization temperature is only ~130 degrees F. It's not high enough nor long enough to cause any significant conformational changes to the protein structure nor denature possible inhibitors.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

I drink 8 raw egg whites every morning, Actually 9 including the whole egg..mixed with a little fresh orange juice.
    No problem of biotin deficiency as a lot of people will claim. The benefits of eating raw eggs are tremendous...to combat the biotin issue you either throw in one whole egg with yr egg whites which I do...or you take a multi vit/mineral supplement that contains biotin(as I also do).
    I use free range or organic eggs, So the threat of salmonella is pretty non existent.
    Raw egg whites are the most complete and perfect food...

Nature created an egg to be a balanced live food – as long as you eat the biotin rich yolk along with the white, there is no risk of a biotin deficiency.

From day one of starting raw eggs, your immune system becomes stronger and health will improve.

Many people’s diets are deficient in high quality proteins and fats, and eggs are one the very best sources of these. Raw eggs have many benefits, they contain essential nutrients for the brain, nerves, glands and hormones, they are nutritionally balanced, and we highly recommend the addition of raw eggs to your nutritional programme. The sulphur amino acids help to keep you young, raw eggs also contain an abundance of other vital substances including protein, essential fatty acids along with niacin, riboflavin, biotin, choline, vitamins A, D and E, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, iron, iodine, copper, zinc and sulphur. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that contain vitamin D.

Believe me ive been consuming raw eggs every morning for weeks now and Im seeing the benefits in my health and in my training.

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Health Benefits of Raw Eggs By John Claydon D.Hom

The process of cooking eggs destroy the very goodness that our bodies so desperately need as the nature of proteins and fats is altered when exposed to heat. When cooked, the egg protein changes its chemical shape; it is often this process that can be the cause of allergies. Generally when eating raw eggs, any incidence of egg allergy will disappear.

Surprisingly, in spite of ‘bad press’ raw eggs, organic or at least from a known source of healthy free-range chickens, are an excellent health tonic. The regular consumption of raw eggs will do wonders for your overall health. Exceptionally easy to digest, raw eggs provide a wonderful boost to the immune system, and a completely balanced nutritional package. A good immune system is one of several things the body needs to overcome cancer.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xplosiv3 View Post
    Cook your eggs. My BROtometer is picking up some nonsense from a raw food moron above. Don't listen to the exaggerations and garbage.

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    eh only partially true. when the raw eggs hit stomach acid it also denatures the protein in the egg to a degree. I dont buy the denaturization causing allergies 1 iota or causing it to be harder to digest esp when there are quite a few studies showing the contrary.
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    Cook your eggs. My BROtometer is picking up some nonsense from a raw food moron above. Don't listen to the exaggerations and garbage.
    Lol mate you can do what you want with yr eggs....if you want to cook em its no skin off my chin. Im just explaining that the biotin thing is easily combated.

Originally Posted by xplosiv3 View Post

At the end of the day mate the best thing you can do, Is yr own research...because many people on this site will have conflicting views and beliefs. When I was told about the benefits of eating raw eggs I browsed the net and found my own sources of info...you will find more articles telling you about the benefits of eating raw eggs...as opposed to the disadvantages. For example that one guy talked about biotin but biotin is something that is found in many vitamin supplements. FACT! So like I said do yr own research mate...

watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some raw eggs are good for the teeth and fat soluble vitamin absorption.
    -Roger Stone's on the loose; quislings on the run.
    -of Nolibs "Donald stumped him & everyone else in the race, even Lyin' Ted Cruz!"
    -Donald trump tears a hole,destroys my self esteem... And trump could win it all,my rightful place from birth,dad i've let you down,dub i've made you...hurt
    -Donald for a long time, Donald for a long time, Go tell that syphilis tongued liar
    -Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack,
    Through our DJT,
    we lit up the cucks,
    Like the fourth of July

MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000)
    cooked eggs are twice as bioavailable as raw.

Bioavailability - how easily a protein is absorbed by your body
    Biological value - how useful a protein is for your body

So theoretically you could have an easily-absorbed protein that does bugger-all, and vice versa.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    First of all before coming off as ignorant and out of order, Why dont you explain to the gentleman why you believe that cooked eggs are better for you than raw?
    Last edited by Daywalker75; 03-28-2010 at 06:17 PM.

jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100) jardinejoe is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Daywalker75 View Post
    At the end of the day mate the best thing you can do, Is yr own research...because many people on this site will have conflicting views and beliefs. When I was told about the benefits of eating raw eggs I browsed the net and found my own sources of info...you will find more articles telling you about the benefits of eating raw eggs...as opposed to the disadvantages. For example that one guy talked about biotin but biotin is something that is found in many vitamin supplements. FACT! So like I said do yr own research mate...
    With this guy all the way add a yolk and you will be fine also cooked eggs taste like **** after you eat upwards of 10 a day. Raw egg whites are flavorless and easy to consume.

harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100) harrisonjroche is not very well liked. (-100)

Drink Up

Used to only eat egg whites. Really just didn’t like them so I started drinking them. Still making gains, no deficiencies. Highly recommend getting a big ol case of them (I get mine at Costco) and put 5-6 servings in your protein shake.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whole eggs, cooked.
    I love eggs.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread is new and exciting
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000) KalElLoco is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always eat pasteurised ones, I go safe and only heat them like 30 seconds / 1 minute just in case, in the microwave

It's enough to form some sort of cooked layer, like eggs a la coque

aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100)

Drink Pasteaurized eggs

Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    I think I read somewhere that your body can better break down and utilize the protein sources from a cooked egg (scrambled, etc) versus just drinking a raw egg - So technically drinking the raw egg would be "worse."

While this may be true for raw egg whites. It is not for pasteaurized egg whites. Drink those instead. I drink liquid egg whites everyday. Fast and easy. Easier than eating a monstrous pile of egg whites. Not only is it safe but also provides the same amount of protein.

aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100) aclogorz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    The pasteurization temperature is only ~130 degrees F. It's not high enough nor long enough to cause any significant conformational changes to the protein structure nor denature possible inhibitors.

Thisnis also wrong. Pasteaurization happens at a MINIMUM of 160 degrees. That is the minimum temperature that liquid egg whites are cooked to make them safe to drink.