Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Zenith11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 100kg bench press.Is it possible?

Im 19, 6''8 and my weight is 85kg.

I can bench press 62.5kg. I made a bet with my freind that after 1 year I will bench 100kg.

Is this possible?

lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you could do it in a year, if you train hard and eat enough =]

EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EDINN2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Zenith11 View Post

I can bench press 62.5kg. I made a bet with my freind that after 1 year I will bench 100kg.

Is this possible?
    i think it is..guy at my gym did it..i increased my bench by 30 kg in 5 months..so i think it is possible..good luck with that!

lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukahuang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dats proof you can do it mate =]

cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I doubt it. Not to be cynical... But I was benching probably 45-50kg's i think about a year ago... And with 9 months of training non stop (no whole weeks off). I managed to up mine to 75 kilos (for only like 6 reps though). This would have been my first consistant 9 months of training although I had trained for numerous months before without much of a break. Anyway... I don't mean to be cynical as I said, but I'd be surprised if I managed to add 20 kilos to my bench in the next 9 months. However, its certainly something to aim for, everyones genetics are different. If you take no breaks at all (no whole weeks off) then you could quite possibly make it by some fluke of nature, you do afterall have 3 months more than I did. Good luck

Originally Posted by cbezz View Post
    I doubt it. Not to be cynical... But I was benching probably 45-50kg's i think about a year ago... And with 9 months of training non stop (no whole weeks off). I managed to up mine to 75 kilos (for only like 6 reps though). This would have been my first consistant 9 months of training although I had trained for numerous months before without much of a break. Anyway... I don't mean to be cynical as I said, but I'd be surprised if I managed to add 20 kilos to my bench in the next 9 months. However, its certainly something to aim for, everyones genetics are different. If you take no breaks at all (no whole weeks off) then you could quite possibly make it by some fluke of nature, you do afterall have 3 months more than I did. Good luck
    I only have to lift 100kg one time, I plan to train 3 times a week. Would it help if I take craetine?

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's entirely possible if you work hard enough and eat right.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    add 20kg more to both sides and your there??

noob gains you should be able to get it up

you are currently at around 135lbs bench
    you want 220 bench

Ugh that sounds hard 90 lb increase.

If you rep your 135 now you can easly make it.

EAT EAT EAT workout EAT EAT SLEEP.!

Your Golden

good luck
    Last edited by EthanHun; 03-28-2010 at 06:56 AM.
    ~ ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ~

Journey to 405+ bench and beyond! - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176215051
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmJ5mQ0uD8&t=1s

^^ Completed 1/5/22

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You guys are so optimistic! That going to be really hard to accomplish in a year.

You can do it, but I doubt it would be in a year.

Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    You guys are so optimistic! That going to be really hard to accomplish in a year.

You can do it, but I doubt it would be in a year.
    Thanks for being honest

What would be realistic for me to bench after 1 year?

Pety3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this possible?
    i'm 18 and i weight 74 kg,benching 110 kg ....so it's very possible).

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just the fact that you're doubting yourself makes it less likely. Of course it's possible. Not only is it possible, but you will do it.
    Driven Sports

Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokin-Whale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll probably be able to manage 1 rep if you train hard and eat well.

legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legocy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah you CAN, i went from about 75kg to 100kg in about 5 months and i didnt even train very hard at all....

shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaheenjamal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    definitely possible, just take the time from now till then and make sure you increment equally each week/month/fortnight whatever, but keep at it. make sure it gets done. dont give yourselfs room for excuses(missing workouts, tired, etc) and dont think about the end weight(100kg) just improve every step.

Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exsert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can achieve that, pretty easily if you bulk

Goodluck bro

Originally Posted by Exsert View Post
    You can achieve that, pretty easily if you bulk

Goodluck bro
    ty, bulking will be the hardest part though , I cant put on weight

omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    entirely possible

i did it at almost the same weight, had to take months out at a time as well, and my training was far from informed, lets just put it that way
    [QUOTE=mrawdtsi]seriously, the best username in the misc. srs. lol every time....[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=MyBodyIsRdy420]your username is sofa king cool.[/QUOTE]

squat/bench/deadlift - 480/286/572

IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this possible?
    Of course you can ... if you do proper Deadlift , Squats , leg press to build your strengh and have a strong Chest day you can do it.

The more you kill yourself on your LEG day and Deadlifts , the more you will gain tremendous strenght and be bigger.

If you don't do your legs , you will hit a plateau of strenght for your other body parts. Legs are the building block of your strenght

You can do it before 1 year easilly imo , you do 135 lbs right now ? Just to give you an example i'm 25 yrs old 6'0 ... when I began working out 2 months ago I used to do 105x8 (46 kg) , now I do 225x2 (102 KG) ... All I did is work very very hard , eat right and sleep properly.

You are very tall though , your body is changing since you are younger , Try to gain 60 pounds to your frame (250 pounds) for the year ... eat ALOT , and you should reach your goal pretty easilly. I think you can do it in 6 months of dedicated training
    Last edited by IamMMA; 03-28-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Originally Posted by IamMMA View Post
    Of course you can ... if you do proper Deadlift , Squats , leg press to build your strengh and have a strong Chest day you can do it.

The more you kill yourself on your LEG day and Deadlifts , the more you will gain tremendous strenght and be bigger.

If you don't do your legs , you will hit a plateau of strenght for your other body parts. Legs are the building block of your strenght

You can do it before 1 year easilly imo , you do 135 lbs right now ? Just to give you an example i'm 25 yrs old 6'0 ... when I began working out 2 months ago I used to do 105x8 (46 kg) , now I do 225x2 (102 KG) ... All I did is work very very hard , eat right and sleep properly.

You are very tall though , your body is changing since you are younger , Try to gain 60 pounds to your frame (250 pounds) for the year ... eat ALOT , and you should reach your goal pretty easilly. I think you can do it in 6 months of dedicated training
    ty for help I honestly eat quite a lot, I just started to take whey protein and I am thinking about craetine? What could I do to help put on weight?

Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100)

Is this possible?
    Dude your 19, and 85kg and you can only bench 62.5?
    I bench 60kg and I'm only 16 135lbs.

Originally Posted by Postal2aw View Post
    Dude your 19, and 85kg and you can only bench 62.5?
    I bench 60kg and I'm only 16 135lbs.
    yeah, im tall and skinny. I only started to train this week. Its harder for taller people to bench?

Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100)
    Oh, sorry didn't notice your height... And yea taller people have hard time building muscles.

slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000)

Is this possible?
    yes this is easily doable..you are talking about going from around 135lbs to a 225 max after a year of training, which is entirely possible. in fact, you will be able to do that within a few months if you are on a power lifting routine and are eating right..guarantee you can hit 100kg max out in 5-6 months. get on P/RR/S or 5/3/1 or a 5x5 program. eat a minimum of 3,000 cals a day.

woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenpints has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can do it. I increased my bench from ~155 to ~225 in ~8 months. It'll probably be up to 245ish by the time I hit 1 year. Granted, I was coming back from an injury though so at least some of the gains was from getting back to my former strength, but you can still increase it by a lot though if you train hard and eat enough.

Originally Posted by slowbus View Post
    yes this is easily doable..you are talking about going from around 135lbs to a 225 max after a year of training, which is entirely possible. in fact, you will be able to do that within a few months if you are on a power lifting routine and are eating right..guarantee you can hit 100kg max out in 5-6 months. get on P/RR/S or 5/3/1 or a 5x5 program. eat a minimum of 3,000 cals a day.
    what is P/RR/S or 5/3/1 or a 5x5 program?

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, it is very possible. Google Dave Tate's bench press cure vid. And read his article.

slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000)
    what is P/RR/S or 5/3/1 or a 5x5 program?
    use the search button. there are official threads on them from the creators of the program. don't allow yourself to be spoonfed, the best way to be knowledgeable about things(especially bb related) is to seek them out yourself.

Never Heard of Winterwolf KoalaZ's Avatar
    KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KoalaZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Considering I went from 95x4ish to 165x4, and 160x8, in like three total months of training, I'd say yes it's possible. That's 30kg in 3 months.
    Subscribe to my log and I'll return the favor!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=415691581#post415691581

SQUAT: 385 x 4 ........GOAL: 405 x 5
    DEAD: 405 x 11 .....GOAL: 500 x 1
    BENCH: 225 x 8.....GOAL: 295 x 1

All goals will be surpassed by the end of March

TME96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll do it easy, I'm 16 and have benched 100kg for 6 reps. I've dropped down now cuz my form wasn't perfect, I've been training at a gym for 8 months. Get a partner, get a decent routine and EAT!!