alexlocnj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Combining Swimming and Lifting

So my school swim season starts on Monday. I did it last year, and with the 5 days of cardio combined with the poor diet, I lost a lot of muscle and very little fat. I play lacrosse in the spring, and have been lifting all fall and have gained about 4 pounds of muscle in the past 2 months. However, I still have a good amount of fat on my body. I was thinking a routine where I lift 4 days a week, usually in the mornings before school, and then doing my 90 minute swim practice after school, which would be 5 days a week. Is this a good routine to get into the best shape as possible before lacrosse in March? I know it isn't ideal, but is it the best I can do? If not, could someone inform me of a routine that would maximize both muscle gain and fat loss given my situation.

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go for one of the 3 day novice routines in the stickies, no need for a 4 day split at your level.

Also, you will no doubt be in need of well over 3000 calories a day, close to or maybe more than 4000 if you are lifting AND swimming for 90 mins. You need to be eating in a weekly caloric surplus to gain weight.

Aim at maximizing muscle gain and minimizing fat gain - rather than gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time.
    Last edited by TonedJordan; 11-17-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."