preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow Gaining size and muscle

I was just curious if anyone had any recomendations on what supplements are good for really gaining some strength. Right now im using NO Shotgun and gaspari Myofusion, is there anything i could combine with this to put on some muscle fast? Dumb question i know but me and my friend have a bet and right now he is winning i need a quick way to catch up. Thanks

aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weight lifting and overeating?

Edit: Without knowing how much weight you've gained the last few months and how your workout schedules look there's not much more to say. Considering your age and the type of question I guess the schedule may not be top notch. Do you workout legs? Does the gym got a squat rack? Do you know how to pull a deadlift?
    Last edited by aliquis; 03-28-2010 at 02:34 AM.

me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    shotgun and myofusion is a very good start. he may have a slower metabolism than you.

just get your diet in check, eat plenty of protein and clean carbs, and be sure to exceed your maintenance calorie level by 300-500 calories per day to add muscle to your frame.

perhaps your friend is also putting on more body weight, if you do it properly you may not add as much 'size' but you will definitely be leaner.

oh and side note, creatine and beta alanine have been scientifically proven to significantly increase strength in comparison to placebo and creatine on its own
    Answers to common questions:
    Will this supplement make me big = i dunno, whats your diet like? (calorie surplus + right macronutrient intake)
    What supplements will help me increase strength = creatine + beta-alanine
    Whats some good noob supplements = diet + creatine + whey protein
    Estimate my BF% = Abs (<~12%) Non-Moobs (12%-~18%) Moobs (19%+)
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (")(") i rep back.

preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10) preston_jep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by me987 View Post
    shotgun and myofusion is a very good start. he may have a slower metabolism than you.

just get your diet in check, eat plenty of protein and clean carbs, and be sure to exceed your maintenance calorie level by 300-500 calories per day to add muscle to your frame.

perhaps your friend is also putting on more body weight, if you do it properly you may not add as much 'size' but you will definitely be leaner.

oh and side note, creatine and beta alanine have been scientifically proven to significantly increase strength in comparison to placebo and creatine on its own
    Yeah my friend was bigger to start with he is probably only 4 pounds heavier but he is a couple inches shorter so... I get lots of protein and carbs maybe not from the best foods but i get it... i atleast have one healthy meal a day. Its just hard to eat right while your in highschool cause lunch there are only 2 options fast food or the nasty school food. Right now im probably averaging 3000 calories a day

Originally Posted by aliquis View Post
    Weight lifting and overeating?

Edit: Without knowing how much weight you've gained the last few months and how your workout schedules look there's not much more to say. Considering your age and the type of question I guess the schedule may not be top notch. Do you workout legs? Does the gym got a squat rack? Do you know how to pull a deadlift?
    Yes i do legs and i know how to deadlift just because i asked a stupid question doesnt mean im not lifting right or new to it. I am making gains just really slowly. Since september i have gained close to 20 pounds

aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by preston_jep View Post
    Yes i do legs and i know how to deadlift just because i asked a stupid question doesnt mean im not lifting right or new to it. I am making gains just really slowly. Since september i have gained close to 20 pounds
    And by what standard of measurement are that slow?

Originally Posted by aliquis View Post
    And by what standard of measurement are that slow?
    you dont make sense bro, maybe your my standard measurement of slow :P

longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since september i have gained close to 20 pounds
    If that's good weight or even a greater muscle:fat ratio then keep at it. There is no magic supp, altho most market it that way

I would add a creatine monohydrate, cheap and effective.

Also a good multi and some fish oil. Then just continue working hard in the gym and eating, the big lifts will provide you the best results: bench press, squat, deadlift, and military presses

fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by longhorns_p View Post
    If that's good weight or even a greater muscle:fat ratio then keep at it. There is no magic supp, altho most market it that way

Also a good multi and some fish oil. Then just continue working hard in the gym and eating, the big lifts will provide you the best results: bench press, squat, deadlift, and military presses
    Agreed. That seems like a good pace for weight gain.
    Continue to train with your partner, sounds like he's pushing/motivating you.
    But don't go super retarded and get yourself hurt.
    Focus, concentrate, lift, rest adequately, repeat. No talking.

The only way you will get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.
    The only way you will get stronger is by training with a stronger partner.

If you need to grunt while moving some heavy ass weight in the gym, go for it. I probably can't hear you anyway since I have some Black Sabbath turned to 11 in my ears.

But grunting in the locker room, especially from behind a stall door, is just fooking disturbing. Please refrain.

Originally Posted by longhorns_p View Post

cool thanks for the advice man i really appreciate it

what is fish oil for exactly i have searched it and found so many different things... What does it do?

moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) moxinyourbox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what is fish oil for exactly i have searched it and found so many different things... What does it do?
    Personally, Fish and Flax help my joints. I do a lot of running and in general I feel better when I'm taking it

Plenty of Fish Oil benefits: http://www.fishoilbenefit.net/

Product: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/omega.html

..shall not be infringed ndiguy's Avatar
    ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ndiguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fish oils are healthy fats. Good for many different things... cholesterol suport, eye/heart/brain health, joint lubrication... It should be a staple for every athlete...
    Imagine you're trying to jam your pork sword into some braindead sorostitute's meat wallet that night. You think you can just walk away from that?

-Sir Ernest McCracken

Originally Posted by ndiguy View Post
    Fish oils are healthy fats. Good for many different things... cholesterol suport, eye/heart/brain health, joint lubrication... It should be a staple for every athlete...
    yeah i should probably get that i have really bad knees, thanks guys