zip2203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Does this workout split make sense???/

I have been doing a 6 day split- chest/tris x 2, shoulders/legs x2, back/bi's x 2 for awhile now. I am just picked up hours at my job and I am going to have to cut my workout time. I am currently trying to cut and lose some fat. I was wondering if this work out would still give me results

Monday:
    Chest- Bench, Incline, Decline, Cable Flys, Read overhead presses
    Tris- Rope Extensions, Rope pulldowns, skull crushers, Dips
    Light Cardio at end of workout

Tuesday:
    Cardio- HIIT in the morning, Light Cardio at night

Wed.
    Shoulders- Lateral, Front and Read DB raises, DB presses, Bar up rows
    Legs- Extensions, Curls, Add/Abd, Calf raises, Glut. Machine
    Light Cardio after lifting

Thrusday:

Friday:
    Back- Lat. Pulldowns, Pullbacks, Shrugs, DB Rows, Face Pulls
    Biceps- Alt. Curls, Hammer curls, Preacher Curls, Incline Curls, Rev. Curls

Saturday:
    Cardio- HIIT in the morning, Light cardio at night

I am sure many some will say it is close to what I should be doing to avoid over working my muscles and not giving them enough time to recover and build but I wanted to ask so of you experienced BB'ers to see if this would makes sense, work and give results.

Thanks for any and all advice given.

TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000) TehMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i have a client on a similar split. hers is on these days though because of her work schedule...

tues - Chest/Tri's
    thurs - Back/Bi's
    sun - Shoulder/Legs

and she does zumba on some of her off days from the gym for cardio...

she's had good results as far as weight loss and toning up goes but alot of it is also put in to her diet.
    Last edited by TehMan; 03-29-2010 at 11:27 AM.

mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

looks good

Originally Posted by zip2203 View Post
    I have been doing a 6 day split- chest/tris x 2, shoulders/legs x2, back/bi's x 2 for awhile now. I am just picked up hours at my job and I am going to have to cut my workout time. I am currently trying to cut and lose some fat. I was wondering if this work out would still give me results

Monday:
    Chest- Bench, Incline, Decline, Cable Flys, Read overhead presses
    Tris- Rope Extensions, Rope pulldowns, skull crushers, Dips
    Light Cardio at end of workout

Tuesday:

Wed.
    Shoulders- Lateral, Front and Read DB raises, DB presses, Bar up rows
    Legs- Extensions, Curls, Add/Abd, Calf raises, Glut. Machine

Thrusday:

Friday:
    Back- Lat. Pulldowns, Pullbacks, Shrugs, DB Rows, Face Pulls
    Biceps- Alt. Curls, Hammer curls, Preacher Curls, Incline Curls, Rev. Curls

Saturday:
    Cardio- HIIT in the morning, Light cardio at night

I am sure many some will say it is close to what I should be doing to avoid over working my muscles and not giving them enough time to recover and build but I wanted to ask so of you experienced BB'ers to see if this would makes sense, work and give results.

Thanks for any and all advice given.
    might want to consider taking a cardio break on wednesday ..=) (you don't want to burn out too fast )

good luck !!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cutting/losing fat go back to your diet...not a specific training routine.

As for the workout, some of it looks like overkill to me. There's no need to do 5 exercises for your bis, etc...

Focus on your compound lifts and the little stuff, not so much.

Where the heck are your squats and deads?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Cutting/losing fat go back to your diet...not a specific training routine.

As for the workout, some of it looks like overkill to me. There's no need to do 5 exercises for your bis, etc...

Focus on your compound lifts and the little stuff, not so much.

Where the heck are your squats and deads?
    ^^^ This.

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ITA with kimm4. And I think you should definitely swap out your current leg regime for squats, deadlifts and some lunge-type deals. If you are trying to bust fat you definitely don't want to miss out on the cardio benefit of a real leg day.