c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein bad for teen's muscle?

Hi, I just want to know if whey protein is really bad for teens? I'm 16 years old and I take whey often times. They said that I should not drink whey because of its effects. One of the effects they mentioned to me is that I do not need whey protein because I need to develop the muscle first until I reach 18. Because what happens is that if I take whey to build my muscle, the muscle will grow but because it did not develop properly, tendency is that the muscle that I will develop will not be good. But I think that they're wrong. I mean why would they allow me to eat protein foods but can't drink whey? Isn't that whey repairs muscle faster? I just don't know how to tell them about this.

And also I just want to add, how many people here have taken whey for more than 10 years or whoever here started when they were still teens and until now still drinking whey and have no side effect. I really want to know because my parents won't allow me to drink because all of their friends said that whey is bad for those who are under 18. Please share whatever you know about whey protein for kids and the effects to their muscle.
    Last edited by c2w; 03-27-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whey protein is ok for you to take in my opinion, i have been taking protein since i was 15 for football weight lifting, It's pretty much just like eating protein in chicken, or milk, just more concentrated

here is a little bit of information on whey protein:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/whey...h-benefits.htm

this is a thread about teen bodybuilding, the whey stuff is in there somewhere, you might want to just read over it anyway but here you go:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117423471
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "They" are idiots.
    www.bodysolutionskc.com

c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c2w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes they are. I don't know how to prove them wrong. They just keep saying that "well because he/she is a doctor" and something like "all people are saying it" it just makes me f***** pissed off. They also picked on the guy that I know that said whey is actually ok and its good for me as long as you take it in moderation.

My jimmies are eternal repoman2184's Avatar
    repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000) repoman2184 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    whey protein is not a fancy chemical supplement or anything, wtf?

shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shawn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by c2w View Post
    Hi, I just want to know if whey protein is really bad for teens? I'm 16 years old and I take whey often times. They said that I should not drink whey because of its effects. One of the effects they mentioned to me is that I do not need whey protein because I need to develop the muscle first until I reach 18. Because what happens is that if I take whey to build my muscle, the muscle will grow but because it did not develop properly, tendency is that the muscle that I will develop will not be good. But I think that they're wrong. I mean why would they allow me to eat protein foods but can't drink whey? Isn't that whey repairs muscle faster? I just don't know how to tell them about this.

And also I just want to add, how many people here have taken whey for more than 10 years or whoever here started when they were still teens and until now still drinking whey and have no side effect. I really want to know because my parents won't allow me to drink because all of their friends said that whey is bad for those who are under 18. Please share whatever you know about whey protein for kids and the effects to their muscle.
    Well, taking whey protein is nothing wrong, in fact it's good! It's fast acting and it's convenient. But of course you'll have to have a good diet with good protein from meat and stuff like that.

Well, don't worry, just continue taking your whey protein...

About your parents... It might be tough. I also have problems with my mum and dad about my diet. They're kinda against me taking high protein and low starchy carbs like rice and noodles and even sugary stuff! But well, parents are sometimes very skeptical in these as they seemed to be 'unconventional'.

I even showed them evidences and proven research, but they're just stubborn. So... Just continue taking your whey protein and eat well! Just ignore your parents and what they say.

Originally Posted by shawn92 View Post
    Well, taking whey protein is nothing wrong, in fact it's good! It's fast acting and it's convenient. But of course you'll have to have a good diet with good protein from meat and stuff like that.

Well, don't worry, just continue taking your whey protein...

About your parents... It might be tough. I also have problems with my mum and dad about my diet. They're kinda against me taking high protein and low starchy carbs like rice and noodles and even sugary stuff! But well, parents are sometimes very skeptical in these as they seemed to be 'unconventional'.

I even showed them evidences and proven research, but they're just stubborn. So... Just continue taking your whey protein and eat well! Just ignore your parents and what they say.
    Yeah they're so stubborn and ignorant. They think that everything they say is right. So I guess i'm gonna stop taking it until 18 cause i got no budget buying whey protein.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

"they" are morons.

protein is protein is protein. ask them if you shouldn't eat chicken or beef too.

ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just get your proteins from whole foods like poultry or meat. They will come around when their grocery bill skyrockets because you are having to get all of your protein from food.
    Semper Fi

Originally Posted by ElClipo View Post
    Just get your proteins from whole foods like poultry or meat. They will come around when their grocery bill skyrockets because you are having to get all of your protein from food.
    Hahaha yeah! That's what I was thinking for the past few months. Especially now
    that I'm going to Japan next week. I'm getting wagyu beef 6 meals a day.

necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) necichef86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes they are. I don't know how to prove them wrong. They just keep saying that "well because he/she is a doctor" and something like "all people are saying it" it just makes me f***** pissed off. They also picked on the guy that I know that said whey is actually ok and its good for me as long as you take it in moderation.
    Ask him if its ok to drink milk! There response unless they are complete idiots should be yes. Inform them then whey protein is manufactured from milk. Also most baby formulas that infants less then 1 year old contain soy and whey concentrates or isolates. So if its ok for an infant at its most important developmental stages to consume a whey product why not at 16?

Originally Posted by necichef86 View Post
    Ask him if its ok to drink milk! There response unless they are complete idiots should be yes. Inform them then whey protein is manufactured from milk. Also most baby formulas that infants less then 1 year old contain soy and whey concentrates or isolates. So if its ok for an infant at its most important developmental stages to consume a whey product why not at 16?
    You got a point man. I'll try to tell my parents about that one.

XxUMADBROxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

You are wrong mate, Protein does come from Chicken yes well done, But is not the same, the amount of protein in a shake is huge highly concentrated, making our body process all of it, im not saying it is bad neither am i saying that it is good, just moderate how much you intake, because of the age you are at, is very important as your body is still developing

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No its not bad lol.
    Dont stress yourself on that. Just focus on your nutrition.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!