Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Going to the gym... Alone.

For several reasons, including up front cost, space, and convenience, I've decided to get a gym membership as opposed to buying a home gym, I plan to supplement that with P90X. But I am very nervous and uncomfortable with the idea of going to a gym full of what I imagine to be advanced bodybuilders, what with me being a complete noob to it. I would have to learn the techniques in advance, and hope to not make a fool out of myself.

So... What do you think? I know it would be worth it, but going it alone is nervewracking, and it's my only option. What should I expect? Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? Am I right to be anxious? What should I really expect?

I'm resolved to do this anyway, but I'd like to hear from other with some experience in this first.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Layziegtp View Post
    For several reasons, including up front cost, space, and convenience, I've decided to get a gym membership as opposed to buying a home gym, I plan to supplement that with P90X. But I am very nervous and uncomfortable with the idea of going to a gym full of what I imagine to be advanced bodybuilders, what with me being a complete noob to it. I would have to learn the techniques in advance, and hope to not make a fool out of myself.

So... What do you think? I know it would be worth it, but going it alone is nervewracking, and it's my only option. What should I expect? Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? Am I right to be anxious? What should I really expect?

I'm resolved to do this anyway, but I'd like to hear from other with some experience in this first.
    You are making a big deal about nothing. Most people at gyms are not bodybuilders (unless you go to one geared for bodybuilders). My gym is an Anytime Fitness, a larger one, but it's still much smaller than the traditional gyms. Most of the people are just trying to stay in shape or lose weight like me, though we have a few meatheads there. You will likely find that there are as many out of shape people there as bodybuilders, maybe more.

If you are worried about not knowing how to use stuff just ask for a staff memeber to show you or perhaps hire a personal trainer for a hour just to go over everything. Or you could just look at videos on youtube to see how to do lifts and stuff.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Everyone's been in your position. Don't be intimidated if you're lifting a fifth of what everyone else is lifting, they all started off where you are.
    I'm weak, but I'm working on it.
    Started lifting 4/10
    350/245/463/155x5/225 S/BP/DL/Press/P-Clean @ 190# BW, 12/12/10
    Goal for 12/12/2010: 405/285/515/180/255

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going to the gym (where hopefully experienced lifters workout) is not a bad thing at all for a noob... think of it this way, you get to see (hopefully) correct form, an array of exercises you could try out and add to your workout regimen, and you even get the opportunity to maybe have them critique you on your form (though this usually won't happen unless you ask for it). Criticism is great. Even if someone out of the blue approaches you and says "hey buddy, that form is all off", you should approach it as an opportunity to improve your workout. Don't worry about guys lifting the "big" weights compared to you... Everyone has to start somewhere! Most people understand that and will encourage you to keep it up and continue to get stronger.

bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbnlr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You got t bite the bullet and go, you will be very surprised how may noob's are in the average gym. There will also be a few juiced up monster lifting everything in sight but they won't even give you a second glance.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    college gyms > all
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hell everyone looks new to me because I rarely pay enough attention to remember peoples faces. You can be like my spotter I go with and just say whats up to everyone and eventually you will mingle enough to know everyone and shouldn't feel uncomfortable. Or just go there to get **** done and leave like me.

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)

i equate the feelings you have to the ones people have who go to concerts and stand still because they are convinced everyone is staring at them. as long as you're not acting like an idiot and causing a disruption i don't think anyone will pay you any attention. just go there to get your workout in. you paid the money just like everyone else so don't worry about it.. if you see somebody doing an exercise you've never done and they don't look like they would kill you if you ask them about it, go ahead and ask them for a quick pointer. most people at my gym are happy to give a few tips as long as it doesn't turn into a full fledged interview.

good luck man. i like p90x too btw.

papapreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bhspud View Post
    Going to the gym (where hopefully experienced lifters workout) is not a bad thing at all for a noob... think of it this way, you get to see (hopefully) correct form, an array of exercises you could try out and add to your workout regimen, and you even get the opportunity to maybe have them critique you on your form (though this usually won't happen unless you ask for it). Criticism is great. Even if someone out of the blue approaches you and says "hey buddy, that form is all off", you should approach it as an opportunity to improve your workout. Don't worry about guys lifting the "big" weights compared to you... Everyone has to start somewhere! Most people understand that and will encourage you to keep it up and continue to get stronger.
    Great post! I had some of the same reservations about the gym membership I purchased last Tuesday...I'm in just about every day (lifting T-Th-Sat & doing cardio M-W-F) and have gotten to know many of the folks that come in. I've found that most of the 'expert' bodybuilders that come in are more than willing to help. Those guys (or gals) started right where you're at now...if you think you might be doing something wrong don't be afraid to ask. Most folks will probably recognize you're trying to bust your hump and they'll respect that.

Just keep in mind that your transformation journey is yours...own it, enjoy it, and learn from it. It ain't about trying to compete with Mr. Universe at the local gym...it's about being the best 'you' that you can be.

Best of luck, keep us posted on your progress!

mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    And people are far too worried about their own workouts to bother caring what you'll do. I've done some of the weirdest exercises in the gym (told to me by trainers), and at first I felt awkward, but I glanced around and everybody is in their own little world in there. As long as you don't get in anybody's way while their lifting, nobody will pay attention to your workouts.

However, you glancing at people can definitely help you pick up better exercises and proper forms. I can't tell you how many times I've either been approached or approached someone else at my 24 Hour Fitness for advice or to just find out what exercise they were doing and what it benefits. It's a pretty cool environment.

Just relax, and be calm man, you'll have fun!
    May 2004 - 225 lbs.
    May 2010 - 145 lbs.

Live and breathe Mizzou and St. Louis sports!

Completed logs/reviews on: Controlled Labs White Pump, White Flood Reborn, PROnom23, White Flood, & Sample Pack, MuscleTech Phase 8, Anabolic Halo, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite & Amino Build, Gaspari Nutrition GlycoFuse & AminoLast, Scivation Xtend & Novem

Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude, you got this!

When i started going about alittle over a year agao..i was 340 pounds...fat blob, and couldnt even hardly bench 135. (srs)

Tis one guy that was pretty built kept starring me down...i thought he was laughing at me in his head. One day he just came up to me an offered some advice..we actually work out here and there together.

I now bench 225 and pretty sure i can max out 1 rep a whole lot more.

You gotta start somewhere. But in my eyes and prolly everyone elses..your in there trying to change your lifestyle and take care of yourself instead of sitting at home on the couch eating cheetos like the majority. Anyone who does that i give much respect to.
    "Equality is a False God"
    "Comparison is the thief of joy."

tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Going to a gym is great, and I think you're overthinking this slightly. I find that training around other people is great motivation, especially when I see people lifting heavier and looking better than me. If I'm feeling lazy I won't slack off if there are others around, whereas if I had a home gym I'd be at risk of cutting workouts short, being distracted by family members - just generally not training so hard.

Everyone starts somewhere, so everyone has been a noob before which means noone should judge you in a negative way. I started out training in a bodybuilders gym and found it really positive how everyone training there had such a great attitude towards training and was willing to help me out and spot me when necessary. I'd say even learning technique before you start wouldn't be necessary, as the staff in the gym should be able to help you with everything like that if you explain their situation. I've honestly met some of the nicest people in the gym - you really have nothing to worry about. Enjoy it
    Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdu821 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im new at my gym.. i was doin an exercise wrong (wrong hand position on a bar) and a "meathead" let me know. i said thanks. now we say whaddup when i c him around school...people are gyms aren't mean, most people will respect you for not being a lazy person who just says **** it what can i do about my weight and are actually trying to change. in the words of nike

just do it

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Imperfection205 View Post
    Dude, you got this!

When i started going about alittle over a year agao..i was 340 pounds...fat blob, and couldnt even hardly bench 135. (srs)

Tis one guy that was pretty built kept starring me down...i thought he was laughing at me in his head. One day he just came up to me an offered some advice..we actually work out here and there together.

I now bench 225 and pretty sure i can max out 1 rep a whole lot more.

You gotta start somewhere. But in my eyes and prolly everyone elses..your in there trying to change your lifestyle and take care of yourself instead of sitting at home on the couch eating cheetos like the majority. Anyone who does that i give much respect to.
    Yeah, none of use were that impressive in the gym to start with. I can only get 155 up about 8 times right now (Max about 170-180 I would guess). That's pretty weak considering used to do 205 x5 back in High School @ 152 lbs.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000) thundermass is a name known to all. (+5000)
    as long as you dont do the bert stare at everyone and use the equipment properly, you shouldnt have a problem. i go to a ymca and there are a few guys in pretty good shape, all of which are very helpful and like many have said, their opinion is as long as your trying to improve yourself, it doesnt matter where you start, just as long as you do.

ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I go to a pretty pretentious "beautiful people" gym (just because it's the closest to my home, not because I necessarily like the atmosphere) and, while maybe 2/3 of the people are young, taut, and in tight workout clothes, the rest are older and flabbier and pretty clearly there to work their a$$es off and get in shape. Though I'm currently in the "2/3," I have mad respect for the older folks for having the guts to come in there and the tenacity/persistence/drive to make positive changes to themselves. I was overweight myself less than 3 years ago!

You never know... even if the gym IS full of bodybuilders, a) they were all newbies once, and b) even a couple years ago, some of them could have been overweight or super-skinny. As long as you're respectful, don't get in people's way, and look like you're there on a mission to change your body, anyone who's serious about BBing should be able to respect that!
    Sketchy Dude Outside Museum: "Yo, I'm selling candy for my basketball team..."
    Boyfriend: "No thanks, dude."
    SDOM: "You sure you don't want one for the pretty lady?"
    Ives: "The pretty lady doesn't eat candy. That's how she got so pretty."

chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you know what you're doing exercise-wise, then it's all good. if you're a noob who doesn't know how to use the equipment, then watch others and even ask a trainer or someone to show you the proper form.

get used to going to the gym alone though, you don't want to rely on others to achieve your goals. that's my opinion at least.

btw my gym is really close to 2 large college campuses and are full of attractive young people. it was certainly intimidating at first, but now i don't even notice because i am secure with what i'm doing and what i've achieved. hope this helps.
    you're less than a drop in all the oceans, and god is laughing at your problems.

Mr.Tts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Find some rules on this forum and follow them. Put weights away wipe your bench. Don't stand naked in the locker room in front of a mirror looking at your reflection for 10 minutes rubbing your thing against the counter top ( fat guy yesterday did that). Don't walk around nude for no reason waving your junk in front of peoples faces.
    You should be fine, most people at my gym are fat. The "big" guys are fat also but they are bulking (for the last 20 years lol) so in their minds they are the ****. Think of the gym as a prison where you have to follow rules and don't take any crap from anybody or you will end up getting shanked.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't OCD about this topic OP. Main focus is improving/comparing your current self to your old self.

I assume your newbie to training? Give it few months with good dieting/training routine, you'll be one of those big swole guys soon.

pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000) pinoykcin is just really nice. (+1000)
    HAH!!! This is how I feel too, but its like a competition you know? But the interaction is great with other people, at my gym, if I ask someone to spot me, they will, everyone is nice, even if they look intimidating.

xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyone in the gym who is a seasoned vet will respect you just for being there, as long as you aren't an obnoxious douche. You literally have nothing to worry about.

rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just go there register and start make use of the equipment there.

try make some new friend and maybe their have lot experienced there

so what to lose? just calm down the gym is for everyone not for bodybuider people only

before their build their body did their have that kind body?

no, so what is your nervous about? relax bro
    Want to Know How Can You Lose Weight In 2010?http://howtolosestubbornbellyfatfast.blogspot.com/

doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People who hit the gym have a passion for it. Who have you met that didn't like to share their passion. The gym, I've found is like BB.com everyone is willing to help the noob. They enjoy showing you the wealth of knowledge they have picked up. Dive in, ask questions and wipe down ur weights.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

put on your headphones & focus on what you're listening to. before you go, plan out what you're gunna hear; worked like a charm.

this worked for me when i was self conscious about my obesity.

PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's such a mix of people in the gym most of the time, I don't think anyone would stand out. I see hardcore bench guys throwing around 350+ like it's nothing, and on the other side is an old geezer in Docker's with the 2 lb. dumbbell. And me in the middle asking for a spotter as I bench 50 lbs less than my bodyweight

As a side note, I've never had anyone refuse to spot for me, and never had anyone laugh at me, either.

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Almost all gyms are completely full of clueless noobs.

Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uk_Arm_Square is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We all go to the gym alone. at the end of the day its you vs the weights.

if your executing your diet plan and making progress who cares what anyone else thinks.

as the above posters have pointed out, Don't worry about it man. get in there and do YOU

we all start out as noobs. you can read "how to do X exercise" a thousand times, the first time you pick the weight up its going to be a little awkward, hell you may even drop it. BUT WHO CARES!!!

get that Ipod set up and go for it bro!

you will be happy you did.
    03/15/2010 192LBS
    03/22/2010 190.2 LBS
    03/29/2010 188.9 LBS
    04/05/2010 186.0 LBS

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

Originally Posted by TheKansan View Post
    Almost all gyms are completely full of clueless noobs.
    ^^ this too. you won't be alone.

Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You guys are great. I feel a lot more confident about it now, and plan to start Monday. I'm pretty sure they at least walk new customers around for a while to show them the equipment, it's just a matter of me paying enough attention! This is gonna be fun I think, and doing it alone will probably be good for me - I've spent so much of my life relying on others.

I really can't wait to get in there and find out what I'm made of. Does anybody have any sample routines to follow for a -complete- noob? If not, I'm probably going to just start out with free weights and benchpress and watch others to see what they're doing.

Thanks again guys!

mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few weks ago a workout partner took me to the local hardcore gym, NY Barbell Club, small 2nd floor gym blasting metal, signatures of world renowned bodybuilders on the wall, big screen tvs with nothing but bodybuilding videos...but no one was huge in there, at least not then.

I doubt any gym would purely cater to serious bodybuilders, because they just wouldnt make any money.