Thread: Max Ot?

haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Max Ot?

Ive been doing the same sort of routine for almost 4 months now, just switching up some of the exercies and adding weight every week. I've been reading about Max-OT training and it looks like something I would be interested in, (I'm trying to cut...mostly a body recomposition really) but I have some questions...
    I tried it out today with legs. I did squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, and the leg press. (I was actually surprised how much weight I could lift when I only have 6 reps to do) but I had to play around with the weight to see how far up I could go. For people who have done the program, did it take you some time to see what weight works for you? or is there a way to calculate this?
    Now I got up to pretty heavy weight and my last rep was the last one I could do with good form, but for some reason I didn't feel it as much. Usually after I change my routine up I feel pretty sore even right after I leave the gym and even more so the next day, but right now I feel good (and I'm def not complaining, I'm just confused...did I need more weight?)
    Is failing with Max-OT different than regular failure? or am I just failing wrong? (lol)

And for people who have done it, did you deviate from the recommended exercises at all? and is it possible to change it from 5 days to 4 days? a 4 day split seems to work best for me schedule wise but I guess I could attempt to fit in the extra day if needed

Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by haybaybay View Post
    Ive been doing the same sort of routine for almost 4 months now, just switching up some of the exercies and adding weight every week. I've been reading about Max-OT training and it looks like something I would be interested in, (I'm trying to cut...mostly a body recomposition really) but I have some questions...
    I tried it out today with legs. I did squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, and the leg press. (I was actually surprised how much weight I could lift when I only have 6 reps to do) but I had to play around with the weight to see how far up I could go. For people who have done the program, did it take you some time to see what weight works for you? or is there a way to calculate this?
    Now I got up to pretty heavy weight and my last rep was the last one I could do with good form, but for some reason I didn't feel it as much. Usually after I change my routine up I feel pretty sore even right after I leave the gym and even more so the next day, but right now I feel good (and I'm def not complaining, I'm just confused...did I need more weight?)
    Is failing with Max-OT different than regular failure? or am I just failing wrong? (lol)

And for people who have done it, did you deviate from the recommended exercises at all? and is it possible to change it from 5 days to 4 days? a 4 day split seems to work best for me schedule wise but I guess I could attempt to fit in the extra day if needed
    I did it last summer and loved it. Like you, I was surprised at how much I was able to lift. It probably took about two weeks for me to feel confident in how much I was lifting. I usually go one or two more than the last rep with good form, then increased when I could do that last rep with proper form. This is just what I do, I'm not saying it is good advice . I think I remember feeling like you describe, not sore --AT First. I usually feel DMOS within 48 hours of working the muscle.

I stuck with the 5 day split, but that is what I like and what works for me. Generally, with any workout program, I think you need to make it fit your life so that you will stick with it.

Good luck!

eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can answer one of your questions..I'm doing Max OT right now and I don't change the exercises because I want to complete the program as it is, but also because if you read through the program they explain why they use certain exercises and not others.

reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi haybaybay,
    I'm in week 4 of max ot. I deviate slightly from the prescribed exercises-I'm new to dead lifts for instance-so I focus more on form that reaching the 4-6 rep range on that particular exrcise. At my age I'm a bit paranoid about my back. Otherwise I follow the program, and have seen incredible increases in my lifts.

It's late and I'm too lazy and tired to search right now-but if you search the O35 forum, one of the guys has a thread about MAX ot-and he broke it up into a 4 day split for me. So far I have been sticking with the 5 day split, but once summer comes and my kids are home from school the 5 day split might be hard to maintain.

It took me a few weeks to find my max weights for the 4-6 range, and I'm still seeing increases...Good program for me as I am also in a cut and wanted to focus on heavy lifting.
    You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your brow.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by reboot42 View Post
    Hi haybaybay,
    I'm in week 4 of max ot. I deviate slightly from the prescribed exercises-I'm new to dead lifts for instance-so I focus more on form that reaching the 4-6 rep range on that particular exrcise. At my age I'm a bit paranoid about my back. Otherwise I follow the program, and have seen incredible increases in my lifts.

It's late and I'm too lazy and tired to search right now-but if you search the O35 forum, one of the guys has a thread about MAX ot-and he broke it up into a 4 day split for me. So far I have been sticking with the 5 day split, but once summer comes and my kids are home from school the 5 day split might be hard to maintain.

It took me a few weeks to find my max weights for the 4-6 range, and I'm still seeing increases...Good program for me as I am also in a cut and wanted to focus on heavy lifting.
    I think this is the one reboot is talking about:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122993211
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, Kim. If I dont subscribe to threads of interest-I find them hard to keep track of.

haybaybay-Specific to your DOMS question....If you read that thread you'll find both the OP and myself are experiencing a significant reduction in DOMS. Not sure what that all means, but interesting you are noticing the same thing. I'm not inclined to worry too much about it as my lifts are going up and I'm pretty tired after 5 days of lifting.
    You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your brow.

haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haybaybay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by reboot42 View Post
    Thanks, Kim. If I dont subscribe to threads of interest-I find them hard to keep track of.

haybaybay-Specific to your DOMS question....If you read that thread you'll find both the OP and myself are experiencing a significant reduction in DOMS. Not sure what that all means, but interesting you are noticing the same thing. I'm not inclined to worry too much about it as my lifts are going up and I'm pretty tired after 5 days of lifting.
    okay that forum post actually helped me a lot. I think i'm going to try the 5 days a week and if it's too much i'll cut it back to 4!