visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why am I not losing fat from my lower body compared to upper?

I have barely any fat left on my face, chest, slightly visible abs, arms (pretty vascular) and if I showed you a picture of just my upper body you would probably say I am in the 12-14% BF range. HOWEVER, from my hips down, my body expands outwards, giving me a very disproportional look. Most if not all fat is stored in my lower body (thighs, legs, ass etc). Basically, I have the outline of a female, which gets me very depressed because it seems like I can't change it. I am severely pear-shaped.

I've been weight training for 2 months (3 times a week) with 2-4 days of cardio a week. I've lost 5 kilograms in this period. I consume roughly 100-120g of protein and 1500 calories a day but in the last few weeks it has been dropped to 1000-1200 calories(this deficit caused by increased activity/exercise). I do not eat junk food because I am determined to reach my goal asap.

I think this is a case of your body burning off fat first where it was put on last, and I remember I've always had big thighs. It seems like I am getting skinnier on the upper body with no change in my lower body... Does anyone know how much fat I'll need to lose around the rest of my body until it will decide to lose fat from my lower parts? Can anyone please share their experience?
    Last edited by visualisation; 03-26-2010 at 04:39 AM.

AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude what you are experiencing is quite common for some people and unfortunatley very frustrating...

The truth is you cannot spot reduce body fat which you may already be aware of and where your body stores fat and/or where it burns it from first or last is purely your grentics and your body type and there is nothing you can do about it.

I know that's not the answer you won't to hear and that's not being negative it's just being real.

The fundamental principles are universal and the same for everyone but everyones body is unique and slightly different. The size and length of our bones and skeletal structure, the length and thickness of our muscle bellies and tendons and ligaments as well as where we store our fat.

For some it's all belly, for others it's more hips and thighs and for some it's all over... And wherever you store it most it will always take the longest to lose, NOT because it's going from there any slower really but simply because there is more there to lose...

The only answer is keep doing what you are doing my man. You're obviously on the right path so continue as you are and eventaully your body will catch up and the fat will reduce in your lower body as well. It has to eventually if you are consistent and persevere!

Hope this helps man and I'm sorry there isn't a more attractive answer for you...

Adam
    Get a Free video course on boosting metabolism and fat loss at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk

visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualisation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, but I was looking for personal experiences to put my mind at ease...
    Last edited by visualisation; 03-26-2010 at 01:00 PM.

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by visualisation View Post
    I have barely any fat left on my face, chest, slightly visible abs, arms (pretty vascular) and if I showed you a picture of just my upper body you would probably say I am in the 12-14% BF range. HOWEVER, from my hips down, my body expands outwards, giving me a very disproportional look. Most if not all fat is stored in my lower body (thighs, legs, ass etc). Basically, I have the outline of a female, which gets me very depressed because it seems like I can't change it. I am severely pear-shaped.

I've been weight training for 2 months (3 times a week) with 2-4 days of cardio a week. I've lost 5 kilograms in this period. I consume roughly 100-120g of protein and 1500 calories a day but in the last few weeks it has been dropped to 1000-1200 calories(this deficit caused by increased activity/exercise). I do not eat junk food because I am determined to reach my goal asap.

I think this is a case of your body burning off fat first where it was put on last, and I remember I've always had big thighs. It seems like I am getting skinnier on the upper body with no change in my lower body... Does anyone know how much fat I'll need to lose around the rest of my body until it will decide to lose fat from my lower parts? Can anyone please share their experience?

for me it takes the longest to cut at my waist. my legs have always been big and muscular but it took some time to develop some solid definition. what kind of workouts are you doing for your legs and back? these being the largest muscles in your body, working these hard burns the most calories overall. of course you will have to start eating more the harder you train and burn calories as your body will need more fuel to build properly. as long as you're losing about 1-2 lbs per week you are losing fat as opposed to muscle. in general blast your legs and back and be patient.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, weight loss does not always come off evenly. In my case I have been losing most of my weight in my legs and ass and smaller amounts in my arms and face. Chest and gut look the same but legs,rear, and face have changed noticably.

I read someplace that the places that you gained weight first will be the last places wieght comes off.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by visualisation View Post
    Thanks, but I was looking for personal experiences to put my mind to ease...
    I think what he was saying was that you are/have been losing fat from everywhere, it's just the fact that you store little up top that you've noticed it moreso. Have you been taking measurements of hips/thighs over the cut (tape and or skinfold)?

I have naturally disproportionately large quads, although I really store less fat there than I do around my naval/low back if I compare skinfolds. My quads just like to grow, and alas, I like to train legs. I've had to really push the shoulder/back work (and delts are probably my least responsive muscle group) to get to a somewhat proportionate build.

I'd just continue cutting until you get your legs reasonably lean, the fat will come off eventually - you haven't been at it that long. Then, if you are still disproportionate, push the lagging body parts hard while bulking (controlled bulk).