hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

free weight back

if all you had was free weights for back what exercises would you be doing.. i currently am doing

bentover barbell rows 5 sets 6 reps
    barbell shrugs 3 sets 6 reps
    one arm dumbbell rows 3 sets 6 reps
    barbell deadlifts 5 sets 3-5 reps
    dumbbell reverse flyes 3 sets 6 reps

i have no pullup bar although ive considered setting my bench spots to the highest and just tucking my legs.. ny and all advice would be appreciated

NOTE: i do this along with biceps and forearms

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have no pullup bar although ive considered setting my bench spots to the highest and just tucking my legs.. ny and all advice would be appreciated

Every time you walk past a park or playground go and knock off a bunch of pull ups on whatever happens to be there. There are lots of places to do these if you put your mind to it. Beams in basements and garages work well too.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    t bar rows and inverted rows

hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hosh1314 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by tobyow View Post
    t bar rows and inverted rows
    how should i do t-bar with free weights?? how much weight should i put on the opposite end??

i normally do inverted rows as part of biceps but its still the same workout so i guess it works

tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hosh1314 View Post
    how should i do t-bar with free weights?? how much weight should i put on the opposite end??

i normally do inverted rows as part of biceps but its still the same workout so i guess it works
    you can put one end of a barbell in the corner, throw a plate on top of it so it doesn't go anywhere, and use whatever you can as a grip on the other end. V-grip, empty dumbell handle, towel, etc.

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if all you had was free weights for back what exercises would you be doing.. i currently am doing

bentover barbell rows 5 sets 6 reps
    barbell shrugs 3 sets 6 reps
    one arm dumbbell rows 3 sets 6 reps
    barbell deadlifts 5 sets 3-5 reps
    dumbbell reverse flyes 3 sets 6 reps

NOTE: i do this along with biceps and forearms
    I don't think you would need anything besides free weights for any exercise really.. i would break down and spend the $30 and get a pullup bar at target or walmart or just use a makeshift one.

I would do more deadlifts using different variations (maybe taking out the flys for example) and work in pullups in various grips instead of one of the row exercises since you have two..
    i like doing the rows with dumbbells personally compared to the bar but that's just me.. nothing wrong with the bar but i feel it more with db.
    Last edited by mmorton; 03-26-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    I don't think you would need anything besides free weights for any exercise really.. i would break down and spend the $30 and get a pullup bar at target or walmart or just use a makeshift one.

I would do more deadlifts using different variations (maybe taking out the flys for example) and work in pullups in various grips instead of one of the row exercises since you have two..
    i like doing the rows with dumbbells personally compared to the bar but that's just me.. nothing wrong with the bar but i feel it more with db.
    what variations of deadlifts would u recommend

when doing rows with dumbbells.. do u just do it facing an incline bench or still standing

desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10) desame.one is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    Every time you walk past a park or playground go and knock off a bunch of pull ups on whatever happens to be there. There are lots of places to do these if you put your mind to it. Beams in basements and garages work well too.
    Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    i would break down and spend the $30 and get a pullup bar at target or walmart or just use a makeshift one.
    +1 for pull ups.

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what variations of deadlifts would u recommend

when doing rows with dumbbells.. do u just do it facing an incline bench or still standing
    I like the straight leg deadlifts the best as well as the classic deadlift. straight leg hits your glutes and hamstrings pretty well too..

usually i do them on a flat bench or i get into a deep lunch position and do them almost like im trying to crank a lawnmower. it sounds weird but i feel it pretty good in my lats after i'm done.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    good mornings?
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pull-up bars are essential IMO but if you don't want one you can always do dumbbell pullovers which accomplish pretty much the same thing, hits the lats really hard.